4.-White beast B

and last but not least.....

5.-White beast C

here is the top 3 classes who everybody plays on PSU

1.-Gunmaster

2.-Gunmaster

3.-Fightmaster

:-P

(guntecher, fortegunner to lvl 10 then they switch to gunmaster) ;-)

Favorites weapons, bullets and magic

all Dark weps

Dark shot
Dark Prism
Barada Megiga
Twin Dark

Megid
Ramegid

Most Expensive armor

ANY LIGHT ARMOR with sleep resist :D

Allison_W
Oct 18, 2009, 02:45 AM
You must play on 360.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Oct 18, 2009, 03:29 AM
This thread turned my frown into an advanced frown.

DPShiro
Oct 18, 2009, 03:34 AM
What is a Fightmaster?
I want to be one.

Maybe Guntmasters cousin?

NDW
Oct 18, 2009, 09:03 AM
What is a Fightmaster?
I want to be one.

Maybe Guntmasters cousin?

Nah, it would be Mastergunner and Forcemaster's cousin. :wacko:

Shang
Oct 18, 2009, 09:31 AM
I also play on 360 but there's obviously a lot of bias there syouz. And before you ask, I do have a gunmaster as a main. Can I help that I made one without knowing anything about anything when I started in August? And second, no not everyone uses dark. I personally abuse Ice bullets and enjoy playing with all elements on my Fighgunner (who, btw, will NEVER be a FM).

And if you say everyone does WB for MP and leveling, tons of people do Innocent Girl for leveling and Egg Thieves for mission points. Sounds more to me like you need to venture from the pavilion once in a while and see some sunlight before slandering ALL 360 users.

Arika
Oct 18, 2009, 09:39 AM
I thought this thread would be a poll.

BIG OLAF
Oct 18, 2009, 09:47 AM
Sounds more to me like you need to venture from the pavilion once in a while and see some sunlight before slandering ALL 360 users.

Agreed. I barely ever go to White Beast, unless my friend Totalshadow is running it for Diads, or if him and I get extremely bored (even though sometimes we'll just start a White Beast party to see what kind of social rejects join...ahh, good fun, that). Most of the time, we're double-teaming SEED Express, Bladed Legacy, Sakura Blast, Flowery Pursuit, Desert Goliath, and a few others, all on S2/3 difficulty.

..and I'm a Fortefighter. Would never dream of switching to Fighmaster.

Shang
Oct 18, 2009, 10:12 AM
..and I'm a Fortefighter. Would never dream of switching to Fighmaster.

My Fighgunner's not leveled yet. Still only 92 but I enjoy playing her more. I'd never give up my twin sabers and daggers for an axe or longsword. Sure, the increased attack speed is tempting, but seriously, the weapon selection SUCKS. I don't really get on my 160 GM for anything other than synthing striking weapons, item hunting, and the occasional Igg hunt. I think I might cross-class into a Protranser on my FG, though.

pinkace
Oct 18, 2009, 11:32 AM
I hate the fact that they went with masterforce... that's just stupid. We need symmetry! Masterforce, MasterGunner, MasterFighter... or ForceMaster, GunMaster, FightMaster

hehe, I would have made a character called Theoden. Class: Forcemaster :p and introduce him in Saruman's voice every time I joina game. :nerd: /geek mode

Squirrel3D
Oct 18, 2009, 12:11 PM
Um, not all of us like white beast.

However I don't find this biased though. Where are most of the population? White Beast. That is a fact of reality.

Delete
Oct 18, 2009, 12:33 PM
here is the top 5 missions that "MOST" players run :D

1.-White beast S2

2.-White beast S

3.-White beast A

4.-White beast B

and last but not least.....

5.-White beast C

Fixed. :wacko:

Ruru
Oct 18, 2009, 09:41 PM
in the words of peter.

"i find this thread shallow and pedantic."

on PC/PS2 i doubt most of the population is at whitebeast anymore. what's left of the population anyway.

DeZZ
Oct 18, 2009, 09:46 PM
Just out of curiosity I ran by WB earlier just to see how many people were there...10-15...and I saw probably 5-10 at Black Nest...I'm fairly confident that accounts for 90% of the people on pc/ps2 servers...

BIG OLAF
Oct 18, 2009, 09:55 PM
Just out of curiosity I ran by WB earlier just to see how many people were there...10-15...and I saw probably 5-10 at Black Nest...I'm fairly confident that accounts for 90% of the people on pc/ps2 servers...

I've always wondered why the PC/PS2 servers are dying so much quicker than the 360 servers. It might sound like a noobish question, but I honestly don't know. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Ruru
Oct 18, 2009, 09:59 PM
I've always wondered why the PC/PS2 servers are dying so much quicker than the 360 servers. It might sound like a noobish question, but I honestly don't know. Anyone care to enlighten me?

probably all the billing errors we get that 360 doesnt (060/065). add to that all the hacking in the past and the lack of compensation, it might explain why.

other than that though who knows lol.

DeZZ
Oct 18, 2009, 10:00 PM
error 060 has played a big part in the death of the community on pc/ps2...

BIG OLAF
Oct 18, 2009, 10:02 PM
probably all the billing errors we get that 360 doesn't (060/065).

Yes, I've heard of these errors, yet I haven't the foggiest idea what they are or what they mean. Surely something troublesome, I'm certain?

Tetsaru
Oct 18, 2009, 10:09 PM
It's simply, really: people are always going to flock to whatever place is newest (at least until it no longer provides fruitful or entertaining), has the best/newest items, or the best rewards for the least amount of effort. People continue to exploit White Beast ever since it came out, and more recently, Seed Express and Innocent Girl. And once something new comes out, people will flock to that, get bored of it, and go back to the above missions unless something better is released, because most of the other missions (especially version 1.0 ones) aren't very beneficial, and their loot can almost always be bought from player shops.

As for classes, also very simple: whatever deals the most damage and allows them to breeze through missions. Fighmaster, Fortefigher, Gunmaster, and maybe Acrofighter, Acrotecher, and Protranser. Hybrid classes and force classes? Forget it - they're either too underpowered, or cause too much lag to compete. Sure, they're versatile, but if they can't do uber damage to zerg through stuff, they're at a serious disadvantage. There needs to be more specialization with classes so each one can do things the others can't, not just stat stacking with equipment and PA limits... more stuff like how PT's are the only ones who can use EX Traps, etc.

Granted, I've quit PSU for a while and haven't seen any of the newest stuff, but as far as I've seen in the two and three-quarter years I've played PSU, it's always been this way, and it will continue to be this way until proper updates and rebalances are implemented. :confused:

Justyn_Darkcrest
Oct 18, 2009, 10:14 PM
Yes, I've heard of these errors, yet I haven't the foggiest idea what they are or what they mean. Surely something troublesome, I'm certain?

Basically instead of it loading the charecter select it says "Failed to recognize Sega ID. The servers may be undergoing maitnence." Which of course is a lie.
Ppl just got sick of paying for an online game that wouldnt let them online half the time. Well that and the fact the we've now had 3 major events where this has been a serious issue.
If Sega had fixed the problem quicker instead of waiting 2-3 months then repeating the problem next event then alot of ppl would probably still be around.
Oh well :( We just play the cards that are delt to us.

Ruru
Oct 18, 2009, 10:15 PM

error 060 locks everyone on PC/PS2 out of the game. it's a billing error that states it failed to recognize the users ID.

error 065 is worse though. it tells you that your account is no longer active and when you go to pay for your account it locks you from paying it by saying that your account is already active.

these are errors with our billing server. 360 luckily pays through MS so you dont have to worry about that kinda junk lol.

065 hit the hardest during the first MAG event. it took out probably half the PC/PS2 population which is why they extended the event later.

060 has happened during our last 2 "big" events.

DeZZ
Oct 18, 2009, 10:18 PM
I agree...the errors during the last couple of events did leave a lot of people in a foul mood towards Sega...I don't think I'm alone when I say it's ridiculous when the community expects such mistakes when updates are released...I wish it wasn't the case but fool me 3x...shame on all of us?

BIG OLAF
Oct 18, 2009, 10:20 PM
Those errors sound horrendous. Glad I'm not on PC/PS2 (no offense). ^^;

DeZZ
Oct 18, 2009, 10:21 PM
no offense taken...most of us knew/understood when the game came out years back that ps2 was not going to be able to support a lot of the features/updates due to the consoles limitations, but the errors have been the worst part...

BIG OLAF
Oct 18, 2009, 10:30 PM
I still don't understand why, in the name of Ragol, Sega didn't release PSU on the PS3, instead of the PS2. It would have saved them so much hassle. Then again, who knows why Sega does anything that they do?

DragonStriker
Oct 18, 2009, 10:37 PM
The official release date for the Sony PS3 is November 17, 2006.

PSU was released in North America on October 24th, 2006.

PSSSSSST that's why :)

Tetsaru
Oct 18, 2009, 10:38 PM
Personally, I don't see why PC users were linked to PS2 users in the first place. Seems like it'd make more sense for a console made by Microsoft to also be paired with computers... MADE BY MICROSOFT. Nevertheless, it's just all the more reason why they should've tried to merge all the servers in the first place. :disapprove:

*EDIT* - DragonStriker, that's actually quite an interesting point. Why didn't Sega just wait until the newer, stronger console was released first before making a sequel to their highly successful PSO game?? It would've made more sense to me to just have the game across the new-gen consoles instead of splitting it up like they did...

DeZZ
Oct 18, 2009, 10:40 PM
HAHA...I have thought that since the beginning...

DragonStriker
Oct 18, 2009, 10:41 PM
Personally, I don't see why PC users were linked to PS2 users in the first place. Seems like it'd make more sense for a console made by Microsoft to also be paired with computers... MADE BY MICROSOFT. Nevertheless, it's just all the more reason why they should've tried to merge all the servers in the first place. :disapprove:

Microsoft doesn't have any have any power over the things they sell. (Like computers) They deal with 360 because Xbox live is a Microsoft run feature. I believe SEGA should have worked harder with Microsoft to get it so all 3 were combined.

BIG OLAF
Oct 18, 2009, 10:42 PM
The official release date for the Sony PS3 is November 17, 2006.

PSU was released in North America on October 24th, 2006.

PSSSSSST that's why :)

I see. Still, wasn't that far off. I think they could have held out releasing PSU for a little less than a month, if it meant better server quality.

DragonStriker
Oct 18, 2009, 10:43 PM

*EDIT* - DragonStriker, that's actually quite an interesting point. Why didn't Sega just wait until the newer, stronger console was released first before making a sequel to their highly successful PSO game?? It would've made more sense to me to just have the game across the new-gen consoles instead of splitting it up like they did...

PSU wasn't the biggest game coming out for the playstation franchise. Obviously they wanted to get their sales before all the other games came out with the PS3 release. Oh and if anyone remembers the 35 thousand Ps2/PC accounts they had within the first 3 months. Debating over the sales is just lol because it sold extremely well. The problem was the community didn't stay for a lot of reasons.

DragonStriker
Oct 18, 2009, 10:43 PM
I see. Still, wasn't that far off. I think they could have held out releasing PSU for a little less than a month, if it meant better server quality.

Think of how much competition they would have had for sales had they waited lol.

BIG OLAF
Oct 18, 2009, 10:45 PM
Think of how much competition they would have had for sales had they waited lol.

Point taken, but it would have actually been better for them in the long run if they would have waited. Oh, well. A double-edged sword if I ever saw one, I suppose. Nothing anyone can do to change it now.

DragonStriker
Oct 18, 2009, 10:47 PM
Point taken, but it would have actually been better for them in the long run if they would have waited. Oh, well. A double-edged sword if I ever saw one, I suppose. Nothing anyone can do to change it now.

Why would it have been better?

DreXxiN
Oct 18, 2009, 10:47 PM
More owners in Japan own a Playstation 2 than Playstation 3; In fact it might still be the most owned home console. People in Japan also much prefer console gaming to PC.

Don't mention the US and Europe in their efforts in marketing decisions; we are second-rate customers and we do not matter. This was the best decision SEGA could have made. Unfortunately, so much was cut out because of Sony's poor timing with disabling HDD support on the Playstation 2.

DragonStriker
Oct 18, 2009, 10:49 PM
More owners in Japan own a Playstation 2 than Playstation 3; In fact it might still be the most owned home console. People in Japan also much prefer console gaming to PC.

Don't mention the US and Europe in their efforts in marketing decisions; we are second-rate customers and we do not matter. This was the best decision SEGA could have made. Unfortunately, so much was cut out because of Sony's poor timing with disabling HDD support on the Playstation 2.

If anyone remembers PS3 had a hard time selling to begin with. Releasing a game for just PS3 would have killed a lot of their sales.

Shou
Oct 18, 2009, 10:57 PM

That would have been great but I bet that would have costed SEGA a bunch of money. The PS series is just not popular enough. FF11 could because of course many thousands of people would buy the game and play it.

PS just isnt popular enough so SEGA HAS to cut down on costs.

Shadow Slayer
Oct 18, 2009, 11:12 PM
people these days..............

BIG OLAF
Oct 18, 2009, 11:14 PM
people these days..............

Whatever that's supposed to mean.