PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Missing time from PSU yet again...

Squirrel3D
Oct 18, 2009, 05:57 PM
I know I've been saying I haven't played this game much lately despite making some new friends.

But it looks like my Xbox 360 is getting yet another repair. This time it's no RRoD. The screen keeps freezing, even after I reformated the hard drive (I gotta play all my games over again, even PSU!). Luckly my characters haven't been erased.

however...you won't see me on PSU or Xbox Live for another 2-3 weeks. These issues with the Xbox 360 is starting to get to me, and I barely just started playing Gears of War too!!

Guess I'll be in Blue Burst alot more for a while...

Pwincess
Oct 18, 2009, 06:14 PM
heh. I see you log on to xbl and then log off. I didn't know you were having issues... sorry to hear >_<

Squirrel3D
Oct 18, 2009, 06:44 PM
heh. I see you log on to xbl and then log off. I didn't know you were having issues... sorry to hear >_<

Yeah it was because of the freezing issues. I don't know why Microsoft still have problems with their Xbox 360 system. It's never happened so much to me until now.

BIG OLAF
Oct 18, 2009, 07:31 PM
This time it's no RRoD. The screen keeps freezing, even after I reformatted the hard drive

This happened to my first Xbox. Coincidentally, constant screen freezing is a prerequisite to a good, old-fashioned RRoD. At least, that's what I researched when my old 'box started doing it consistently. So, technically, you did get the ever-so-familiar three red lights, albeit just in it's baby stages.

At the moment, I'm between my 4th and 5th Xbox. Just sent my broken one out in the mail Saturday, and I don't see my replacement getting here any time before November 1st.

Curse you, Bill Gates.

*half expects some hapless PS3 fanboy to bust into the topic, yelling "THAT'S WHY OUR SYSTEM ISH BETTAR!!1!"*

pikachief
Oct 18, 2009, 08:56 PM
I have a warranty at my Gamestop.

My 360 is broken, I take it in and they simply just take mine in to the back and walk back out with a new one for me to take home!! ^^

Delete
Oct 18, 2009, 10:07 PM
I know I've been saying I haven't played this game much lately despite making some new friends.

But it looks like my Xbox 360 is getting yet another repair. This time it's no RRoD. The screen keeps freezing, even after I reformated the hard drive (I gotta play all my games over again, even PSU!). Luckly my characters haven't been erased.

however...you won't see me on PSU or Xbox Live for another 2-3 weeks. These issues with the Xbox 360 is starting to get to me, and I barely just started playing Gears of War too!!

Guess I'll be in Blue Burst alot more for a while...

Try reading these stories about my 360 problems.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164853

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166933

If you don't have the time to read em, let me just say I have been through 9 360's so far. These Threads explain why.

BIG OLAF
Oct 18, 2009, 10:09 PM
let me just say I have been through 9 360's so far.

Nine? Ouch. That's the second highest amount I've ever encountered. The first is from my friend Andrew (also known as Totalshadow). He's been through 14. Silly Microsoft and their faulty designs.

DeZZ
Oct 18, 2009, 10:09 PM
So you're saying we shouldn't buy a 360 if don't already have one?

BIG OLAF
Oct 18, 2009, 10:16 PM
So you're saying we shouldn't buy a 360 if don't already have one?

No, you should. If you're looking for the best online experience, then 360 is the way to go. The newer models aren't as nearly as prone to these errors as the older ones were. Especially 360 Elites. Xbox has the best games, best online experience (as I mentioned above), and best community support. It's just known for it's extraneous amount of technical foul-ups, is all.

DeZZ
Oct 18, 2009, 10:19 PM
I have honestly thought about buying the ps3...my brother said Sony just put an update where the new units are backwards compatible again...not sure if there's any truth to this, but if it is...I think I'm going to buy one...

BIG OLAF
Oct 18, 2009, 10:28 PM
Do whatever you like. I own all three systems, so I'm no "fanboy", and I must say that the 360 is the best. I've had stellar experiences with online gaming, and chatting, and shopping, etc.

The PS3 is a good system, but the online isn't nearly on the same level as the Xbox. Also, the amount of noteworthy games on the PS3 is outshined by the Xbox's by about a 10:1 ratio.

The Wii is good for "Family Fun Nights", and parties. Since I'm not a popular guy with a lot of friends, the latter is out of the question for me.

DeZZ
Oct 18, 2009, 10:30 PM
That's cool, thanks for the insight...do you know anything about a new update for ps3 making it backwards compatible?

BIG OLAF
Oct 18, 2009, 10:33 PM
Nope, I don't follow PS3 news as much, seeing as it's not my favorite system. Sorry to not be of service in that respect.

Delete
Oct 18, 2009, 10:55 PM
Nine? Ouch. That's the second highest amount I've ever encountered. The first is from my friend Andrew (also known as Totalshadow). He's been through 14. Silly Microsoft and their faulty designs.

Yeah it sucks, but what you said below was the truth.

No, you should. If you're looking for the best online experience, then 360 is the way to go. The newer models aren't as nearly as prone to these errors as the older ones were. Especially 360 Elites. Xbox has the best games, best online experience (as I mentioned above), and best community support. It's just known for it's extraneous amount of technical foul-ups, is all.

This new 360 is actually doing really good. I've had it for a long time now and only had a few freezing problems but that was the games fault actually (Fallout 3 has a lot of freezing problems) so I agree 100%.

Squirrel3D
Oct 19, 2009, 12:43 AM
That's cool, thanks for the insight...do you know anything about a new update for ps3 making it backwards compatible?

No and it won't happen. Sorry.