PDA

View Full Version : Har Smart & Technique 'Range'

pinkace
Oct 18, 2009, 07:09 PM
I wanted to know if anyone had scientifically accurate info about this, since I asked a few people I considered veterans amongst my usual playmates and got different answers.

Har Smart reduces your technique range right? What does that mean exactly? Does it mean that Foie will not travel as far, or that the radius range of Gifoie is reduced? Will the distance that Damfoie hits target be decreased? Will the radius blast of Rafoie be decreased as well? Will the 'range' of Resta and Reverser be decreased as well?

I can only attest to seeing a difference in the distance Foie (and other projectile-techs) travels, but I haven't seen a drop in the range of Nos- techs, Ra-, Gi- or Dam- techs. Maybe because mine arent that high level, none are over 21. Has someone with Level 50 techs actually tested the effects of Har Smart on non-projectile techs?

What I am looking for is test results, not theory. Thanks.

Ceresa
Oct 18, 2009, 07:26 PM
Distance that simple and ra techs travel only, radius of techs is not changed.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Oct 18, 2009, 07:29 PM
Har Smart will reduce the range of Ra and single techs (Foie, Barta, ect.) Gi, Dam, Nos, and support techs are unaffected. Same concept for the Lumira / Spread but in reverse. It increases the range of Ra and single techs while the others stay unaffected.

I've tested it on all my techs at 50. Hope this answers your questions.

pinkace
Oct 18, 2009, 07:39 PM
Thank you.

Shou
Oct 18, 2009, 07:59 PM
You will like the har / smart over the quick. Gives a little extra damage and ra-techs are better when they don't shoot off into the distance.

Arika
Oct 18, 2009, 09:21 PM
yes, it is for only Ra and simple tech,
Gi, Dam tech has been tested, and no effect.
Support tech are the same as GI tech, that only have radius range. So it won't be effected also.

Nos tech is,in other hand, too hard to test, because the range seem like infinity.(or enough to cross so many areas) Thus, the range is so far, so you don't have to care whether it get reduce or not anyway.

pikachief
Oct 18, 2009, 09:23 PM
har smart and quick have the same speed increase, correct?

Justyn_Darkcrest
Oct 18, 2009, 09:32 PM
har smart and quick have the same speed increase, correct?

Yes they do. It really comes down to prefrence as far as which one to use. Some ppl like the better range of the Quick. Others like the slightly better damage on the Smart. But that's the only diffrence the speed is the same.

Keilyn
Oct 18, 2009, 09:49 PM
Hi Pinkace, here is my analytical input to this:

I choose Har / Smart over Har / Quick because I don't like losing attributes at endgame where most targets in most areas are not outside the range lost from Har / Smart.

Har / Quick makes you lose 100 TP which may not appear to be much until you see your comparative fighting power. Since all my characters are female, here is the list:

Female Newman (160) ----> 152
Female Human (160) ----> 150
Female Cast (160) ----> 146
Female Beast (160) ---> 148

The way to read this is that a level 160 female newman fights as though she is 8 levels lower when using Har / Quick over Har / Smart. While I do like Har / Quick in some instances, over Har/Smart... to me every bit of TP counts in endgame.

The same is true about Cati / Rainbow on MF. The damage reduction is great on the 20% (Even beats out Orpa Guard when its a same element attack), but on a female newman Masterforce it is also the same as fighting with the DFP of a female newman 21 levels lower (level 139) when hit by an enemy not of the shield element while the evasion loss is 9 levels....which is why I use Vijeri / Rainbow....to prevent the lost of stats this severe and help the line shield further.

Both units have the same casting time adjustment, just a different loss to facilitate balance.

Mystic_Nessly
Oct 18, 2009, 10:39 PM
I actually do use my RA techs long range, especially when I'm playing with others. I've tried Har/Smart in the past, and while I can see it's advantages (such as for quick aiming in speed runs), I still prefer the normal range despite the -100 tech points. I don't think the -100 tp is significant. I don't remember exact numbers as it's been so long since I last played WITHOUT har/quick haha. I'll gladly update this post at a later time to give exact damage differences for a few spells.

NiceOnes
Oct 19, 2009, 11:18 AM
I agree with Mystic. The loss of range in regards to the simple techs was just too noticeable for me. I went back to the quick after just a couple runs.

Shou
Oct 19, 2009, 11:58 AM
Take a few steps closer toward the enemy. You shouldn't have that problem at all. Maybe you are not killing the monsters fast enough that the enemies can spread out that far.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Oct 19, 2009, 02:27 PM
I play a Wartecher and am usually close enough to the enemies to negate the lost range of using a Har / Smart, but for seasoned Forces that have adapted to begin their casting at the fartest range possible, the switch from Quick to Smart could be rough.

Keilyn
Oct 19, 2009, 02:49 PM
A good Force knows how to use one unit well

A great Force knows how to use all the important units, armors, weapons and techs to her abilities.

I like Har / Smart over Har / Quick, but I will always carry them both. There are situations where the range is extremely important...In fact there are even situations where wearing a Tech Boosting Unit reduces the number of tech casts by 1 vs certain enemies ^_^

biggabertha
Oct 20, 2009, 03:25 AM
If I remember right, my friend told me that it's much, Much, MUCH easier to control Ra TECHNICs with a Har/Smart. Since Forces generally deal sub-par DPS in comparison to Gunmasters and Fighmasters at the moment, I'd say you should probably cling tightly onto every bit of TP you can get with as much casting speed boost as you can.

At least you have different options with the supplemental update - but it probably won't help out as much as you hope it will/would. Wartecher, Guntecher, Acrotecher and Fortetecher will still pretty much be shovelled into the healing slave duty in most random parties.

stukasa
Oct 20, 2009, 10:28 AM
If I remember right, my friend told me that it's much, Much, MUCH easier to control Ra TECHNICs with a Har/Smart.
I don't know if I'd say it's "much, Much, MUCH easier," but it's definitely easier to control because you don't overshoot your targets as often.

Keilyn
Oct 20, 2009, 10:49 AM
If you play in an enclosed area, the range of a RA tech may be too great to target a group of enemies. Har / Smart will help solve that problem...

...but if you use a strategy in a place like Bruce's Dungeon S2 when its only 2 Masterforces looking for a challenge (^_^) a section comes in the map where is you depend on Har / Smart for a specific strategy, you will lose. ^^