PDA

View Full Version : MasterForce + Har Smart = Overkill?

pinkace
Oct 18, 2009, 09:10 PM
So, will equipping a MasterForce with a Har Smart unit make a it so fast, that the casting speed will tear thru the fabric of time/space and trigger a warp in the continuum of the Universe, which will at the very least cause my X360 to RROD, and at worse bring all of Uni 1 crashing down!!??

............ or is it just a waste of time with negligible benefits?

BIG OLAF
Oct 18, 2009, 09:16 PM
So, will equipping a MasterForce with a Har Smart unit make a it so fast, that the casting speed will tear thru the fabric of time/space and trigger a warp in the continuum of the Universe, which will at the very least cause my X360 to RROD, and at worse bring all of Uni 1 crashing down!!??

I don't think so O_o. I mean, I have a Masterforce that has a Har / Smart equipped, and it doesn't cause the universe to explode in a cataclysmic eruption of chaos and dead kittens.

Ruru
Oct 18, 2009, 09:22 PM
ehhh.

my MF uses har / smart. on PS2 though so the only thing it really causes is more slowdown for me.

Ellea
Oct 18, 2009, 09:37 PM
I use Har / Smart on my MF. >.> Doesn't slow me down. Besides, the only difference between it and Har / Quick is the decreased range and no -TP.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Oct 18, 2009, 09:37 PM
I find using a Quick/Smart on MF is good for TA runs, soloing, or tech lvling, but overall I like to use a TP boosting unit over them. Yeah the speed is nice but if you're in a decent group there really isnt much need for either the quick or the smart. To answer the question more
directly, the speed is very noticable but it wont crash anything vital :p

Ruru
Oct 18, 2009, 09:45 PM
I use Har / Smart on my MF. >.> Doesn't slow me down. Besides, the only difference between it and Har / Quick is the decreased range and no -TP.

slowdown as in PS2 slowdown.

i'm not saying it makes my runs any slower.

hardest part about playing MF on a ps2 is that the "faster" your techs come out the slower they are >.> with all the visual spam it just lags your system.

pinkace
Oct 18, 2009, 10:38 PM
I guess I got too imaginative.... I am Sorry.

What I wanted to know was if using a har smart on the already-quick-casting masterforce class would make a superfast castmaster or not.

I can see the huge difference using a har smart unit makes with my wartecher. However, I dont have a masterforce. So I was asking, is using a har smart unit on a masterforce wasteful, or is there a noticeable difference? If i change my wartecher to masterforce, should i sell the har smart and use a different unit?

Shou
Oct 18, 2009, 10:51 PM
No lol. The more speed the better. The only head units a force needs are a quick/smart and a lumira/spread. You don't even really NEED the spread unit but its good to have. Don't use any other head unit on a techer. >_>

pinkace
Oct 18, 2009, 11:13 PM
Sori - tech charge is what I have on my acrotecher, because i thought the harsmart would be a waster on an already fast caster, so i gave it to my wartecher. that's not a good plan?

Shou
Oct 18, 2009, 11:30 PM
Nope. :( The speed increase that it gives wartecher (or other classes that have normal tech casting speed) is the same that it gives Masterforce and Acrotecher. MF/AT with a quick/smart unit are the fastest tech casting classes in the game.

Having an AT with a quick/smart unit means instant resta and reverser casts and faster buffing. For sure a quick/smart unit would be the best for that class.

Ellea
Oct 19, 2009, 12:09 AM
slowdown as in PS2 slowdown.

i'm not saying it makes my runs any slower.

hardest part about playing MF on a ps2 is that the "faster" your techs come out the slower they are >.> with all the visual spam it just lags your system.

Just to clarify, I do infact play on a ps2. =p
I've never had a problem with my own techs lagging my system.

Keilyn
Oct 19, 2009, 01:11 AM
Masterforce is slightly faster than Acrotecher from what I have seen. Ive done Interrupts with MFs that just doesnt work on AT.....but that isnt a problem since an AT can simply use a Whip PA ^_^

Aorre
Oct 19, 2009, 01:18 AM
No such thing as overkill in PSU.

Ruru
Oct 19, 2009, 01:23 AM
Just to clarify, I do infact play on a ps2. =p
I've never had a problem with my own techs lagging my system.

well that's nice.

as for me.
anytime i spam level 50 techs during any mission that has either a lot of enemies or lots of stuff going on (like black nest) my PS2 slows down. if you just dont notice the slowdown, you should try spamming 41+ diga/nosdiga on motherbrain. on a PC there's no lag inbetween techs, where as on a PS2, all the visual crap going on while fighting her will slow you down.

as for the quick unit question. as a masterforce you're better off using a har / quick/smart over any other unit (outside of japan anyway, i believe they have a "new" unit on the japanese servers that works as a better version of a quick unit than what we have right now). the speed+ stacks with the classes casting speed so it's not a waste, and with MF's low hp, you want to be casting and moving as fast as possible (until we get the evasion/hp boost in the supplemental update anyway)

stukasa
Oct 19, 2009, 10:29 AM
the speed+ stacks with the classes casting speed so it's not a waste, and with MF's low hp, you want to be casting and moving as fast as possible (until we get the evasion/hp boost in the supplemental update anyway)
I agree, speed is really important to MF. The faster you cast, the better you can keep enemies away from you and the easier you can dodge enemy attacks. Har/Smart + Tech-MAGs are a good combination for all simple, ra-, and gi-techs.

NDW
Oct 19, 2009, 11:32 AM
Masterforce is slightly faster than Acrotecher from what I have seen.

They both cast TECHNICs at the same speed.