PDA

View Full Version : PSU gameplay idea.

pikachief
Oct 18, 2009, 09:15 PM
I've always thought mixing PAs would be really cool in this game.

So, I thought of an Idea i thought i might share just cuz I'm on here and well, why not! What if like on 360, for example, you could link 2 secondary PA to the Left and Right triggers? It would work with any PA except 1-part PAs like Jabroga.

Here's how my idea would work. Press the Y button and your character does the first part of whatever photon art you have equipped. Press it again with the right trigger held down and It'll do the second part of a different PA. Then press it a third time with the Left Trigger held down and it'll do the 3rd part of a 3rd PA.

So for Example: Link Dus Daggas to Y, Dus Rabado to R, and Dus Majarra to L. Pressing Y activates first part of Dus Daggas, Y+R continues the combo with the 2nd part of Dus Rabado, and lastly Pressing Y+L will activate the last part of Dus Majarra.

With this you could customize the fighting even more and making the fighting type even more fun and flexible, and giving more room for customization and strategy.

And yes I know I'm leaving out Gunning and Teching but the only thing I can think of is linking different elements to the Secondary PA buttons. Like you shoot a fire shot, then ice, then light without switching rifles. Or for Spells, you'll shoot different elements of the type of spell you're using.

It is sad though, because I highly doubt anything like this being implemented to PSU :(

Tetsaru
Oct 18, 2009, 09:48 PM
I've always thought it'd be a cool idea that, once you learn a new PA, you can assign it to a certain button combination, or it could already be preset. For example, to do Assault Crush, you'd have to press Left + Triangle for the first move, Right + Triangle for the second move, and finally Down, Up + Triangle for the last move. I tried to implement the directional button movements similar to the actual movements of the PA, so while you could still have your brokenly powerful moves like Anga Jabroga or Dus Majarra, you may have to input more complicated button presses to pull them off, instead of just "spam Triangle for PA, lol." You could also do something similar to what pikachief suggested and be able to "merge" different PA moves together depending on your button presses... maybe some sort of skill tree system as you level up to where "after you do move A, you can do either either move B or continue move A, and finish with the last part of move A, another part of move B, or a new move C." And you could still implement Just Attack into it, but this way, it'd be trickier to do, yet more rewarding if you can pull it off... PLUS, it might also help keep melee fighters from overpowering other classes, seeing how they couldn't just spam critical hits all the time (critical hits for ANY game should ALWAYS be RANDOM; you can have weak and strong attacks, and you can modify the rate at which crits occur to an extent, but they should ALWAYS BE RANDOM).

For guns... I'd like to be able to assign two different shots to the Square and Triangle buttons for added versatility. I always hated the fact that gunners never had a use for the PA button for their weapons, but maybe the charged shot thing from PSP2 will change that. Either that, or gunners should be able to use the palette quick menu to switch out bullets for their weapons, similar to how you use items or switch weapons themselves. It makes more sense to me that a gunner would have to reload his/her weapon for different ammunition, but melee fighters shouldn't have to "load" a new battle technique for a sword just to swing it around differently.

For techers... I'd probably use a combination of directional button presses along with the palette swapping of elements... either that, or have some way to macro each spell to a certain button input, or select it from a menu system. Constantly re-linking 4 technics to each weapon selection on my palette was just a huge pain in the ass for me...

Delete
Oct 18, 2009, 10:01 PM
Sounds interesting. Some of the animations might look a little weird, but who cares.

Ruru
Oct 18, 2009, 10:12 PM
i was talking with a friend about different gameplay ideas for PSU about a month ago or so.

mostly how everyone in this game is right handed got me thinking. why cant we swing a saber with our left hand and shoot with our right hand.

also i came up with an idea about striking weapons. like how come we can't just hold two different sabers instead of needing to have a twin saber?

it would be cool if we could put two different sabers in each hand. you could hold the R1 button down to use the left saber and its PA's (like you would to use a rod). and they could add an option so that you can "link" the weapons together to be able to use twin saber PA's with them. it seemed like a good idea and would be alot more innovative than needing to actually have a twin saber just to dual wield two sabers.

it would also be nice to be able to use weapons in either hand. like being able to use a TCSM with a gun or something like that. just imagine all the different combinations you could have.

Tetsaru
Oct 18, 2009, 10:34 PM
i was talking with a friend about different gameplay ideas for PSU about a month ago or so.

mostly how everyone in this game is right handed got me thinking. why cant we swing a saber with our left hand and shoot with our right hand.

also i came up with an idea about striking weapons. like how come we can't just hold two different sabers instead of needing to have a twin saber?

it would be cool if we could put two different sabers in each hand. you could hold the R1 button down to use the left saber and its PA's (like you would to use a rod). and they could add an option so that you can "link" the weapons together to be able to use twin saber PA's with them. it seemed like a good idea and would be alot more innovative than needing to actually have a twin saber just to dual wield two sabers.

it would also be nice to be able to use weapons in either hand. like being able to use a TCSM with a gun or something like that. just imagine all the different combinations you could have.

I like this idea too. Hell, if you could combine two sabers (not using twin sabers) and use Rising Strike for each of them, as well as Assault Crush with both of them, why not have certain PA's that involve the use of a certain combination of different one-handed weapons? For example, saber + mechgun... you could knock an enemy up into the air with the saber, similar to Rising Strike, then juggle it in the air with the mechgun, dealing both melee and ranged damage, with different elements, if you wanted, and possibly also inflicting a status effect!

Also, just for the sake of customization, perhaps when you create your character, you can make him/her right-handed, left-handed, or even ambidextrous. You could still put weapons in either hand, but depending on what you choose, the weapon in your dominant hand might be stronger in certain ways, or you would be more suited towards a single weapon for that hand, or just a two handed weapon, like a sword. If you're ambidextrous, you could be more adept at dual-wielding different single-handed weapons together. Then, you could have subtle stat changes in your character to reflect this choice.

pikachief
Oct 18, 2009, 11:50 PM
yea it would be real awesome to be able to instead of "Add weapon to pallet" have like "Add weapon to left-hand" and "Add weapon to right-hand" for single weapons, so we can choose were we want our single handed weapons :/

that would also leave us to customize our twin handguns, claws, sabers and daggers! although keeping the way the game works, each gun would have different PAs but it would still look cool at least and be very good for people who like using single weapons anyways :P

I think a 12* dagger with a Blackheart Saber would look real cool :D