PDA

View Full Version : money

Shadow Slayer
Oct 18, 2009, 11:20 PM
im curious where did all the money we have now come from ,like people with stacks laying around where did it originally come from did people npc stuff to get all that build up in the beginning because i know when the game first cme out sega didnt give everyone money

FOnewearl-Lina
Oct 18, 2009, 11:26 PM
From dirty dupes

Shou
Oct 18, 2009, 11:35 PM
From dirty dupes
This.

Also there is not really a good way for meseta to disappear. (NPCed). The only way meseta realy is "used up" is when people mass synth A rank weapons and armors bought from the store.

It would have been amazing if SEGAC would have made CG items / missions cost loads of meseta instead of RL cash but oh well. They are a company that still needs to make money.

All other things equal, every item on the market should become more and more expensive every day because of the inflow of meseta in the game.

pinkace
Oct 19, 2009, 12:19 AM
... and rotate too.

Wouldn't it be great if one day out of sheer boredom you went to the shop and started browsing......

huh, yea , nothin, trash, nothin, cra.. OH MY GOD AN AGITO REPCA!!!... and after you bought it THATS IT it is gone!

that would make for an interesting day, every day :)

Volcompat321
Oct 19, 2009, 01:01 AM
All the meseta comes from endless mission running.
You know, when you're rewarded uh 15,000-45,000 a run.

Tetsaru
Oct 19, 2009, 02:14 AM
1 - AotI heavily increased the amounts of money dropped by enemies after it came out because too many people complained about stuff like Scape Dolls being too expensive (why are Scape Dolls even buyable in the first place!?)

2 - Hacking/glitching in the game, notably when PSU first came out, as well as the Xbox360-side grinder glitch, which weren't resolved properly.

3 - Not enough NPC services to actually get rid of money effectively. If you're buying something expensive, it's going to be at a player shop; thus, the money never disappears and just gets recirculated.

4 - Sega derp de dur.

str898mustang
Oct 19, 2009, 02:19 AM
hm....people running missions

kirtblue
Oct 19, 2009, 02:30 AM
1 - AotI heavily increased the amounts of money dropped by enemies after it came out because too many people complained about stuff like Scape Dolls being too expensive (why are Scape Dolls even buyable in the first place!?)

2 - Hacking/glitching in the game, notably when PSU first came out, as well as the Xbox360-side grinder glitch, which weren't resolved properly.

3 - Not enough NPC services to actually get rid of money effectively. If you're buying something expensive, it's going to be at a player shop; thus, the money never disappears and just gets recirculated.

4 - Sega derp de dur.

while i do enjoy your posts they normally make me smile but this is just sad this is why i dont play psu online anymore hackers be damned

Shou
Oct 19, 2009, 02:36 AM
while i do enjoy your posts they normally make me smile but this is just sad this is why i dont play psu online anymore hackers be damned
Are you talking about 2 and a half years ago? I havn't heard of any hacking on our servers since. Meseta has enough value to sell any item now. Out of all the things wrong with PSU now that is why you don't play anymore?

Tetsaru
Oct 19, 2009, 02:36 AM

Well, I haven't heard any major hacking incidents lately on the forums, but I don't play anymore either...

And tbh, I have more faith in hackers running the game than Sega does at this point. At least they unlocked items for us. :wacko: Hell, if they can create so many bugs, then they probably know how to fix them too... something I can't depend on Sega to do anymore... :disapprove:

rayner
Oct 19, 2009, 08:27 AM

The only real meseta-syphoning service is the Luck-lady, and everyday more and more meseta is being added. The only time it's basically out the of circulation is when someone with ALOT quits and never comes back, with it left in their inventory when they left.