PDA

View Full Version : main will be a RAmar or FOmar?

Donnikun
Oct 19, 2009, 12:19 AM
i have been a fan of the Phantasy Star series since DC, albeit not a hardcore fan, but a fan nontheless. I finally caught up with technology and was able to own my own PSO on the gamecube, ater playing it lots on my friends DC and then GC games. I was first a RAmar, then when FOmars became available i played a FOmar. I did not play the PSU or PSP games, because i went to WOW for a while, but Ive missed Phantasy Star so much. My own GCPSO game i gave to an old friend of mine before i moved out of state so hed have something to remember me by. Now seeing Phantasy Star Zero being released, i spent the last 9 months planning it out, getting my order paid in full, and now were 3 weeks away, and im finally about to return to the game series i loved so much in my adolescance. Im juggling whether my main will be a RAma or FOmar, i love both, but wanna go with either

RAmar
HUcast
FOnewm

or

FOmar
HUnewm
RAcast

This way i can follow the story mode of all three races. Anyway, sorry about rambling on and on, I wanted to tell about my history with this series, and introduce myself to this website. I got my preorder on PSZ paid in full and am prolly gnna get it picked up the 12th, due to classes that week:(. Anyway I look foreward to eeting you all and hope some of us may become longtime online Phantasy Star friends. Ill be postng my FC as soon as i recieve it.

kirtblue
Oct 19, 2009, 01:06 AM
first off welcome to the boards i joined just a few days ago myself just for ps:zero though ive used this site for many years

everyone has got their fav classes but sega limiting it to 3 characters per game and then doing a different story for every race makes it a tough choice to make believe me i know

it hurts to to think about but its your choice to make ive got my own headache

SirTopps
Oct 19, 2009, 01:12 AM
go with the fomar. then you can join my club. but since youre new dont listen to me. lol im never serious. mostly silly. but still join if you like.

kirtblue
Oct 19, 2009, 01:35 AM
i thought you only had to be a force in your club both groups he has chosen have a force

Niered
Oct 19, 2009, 03:14 AM
Well, bear in mind that there are a few small tweaks to both of your choices since PSO.

For instance, RAmars are no longer capable of casting Shifta/Deband, instead they and RAmarls were given Jellen/Zalure this time around. I'm not quite sure why thats happened but oh well.

Also, Technique casting has changed this time around, what with Gi/Ra techniques no longer being separate from there lower level counterparts. In other words, if you want to cast Rafoie, you simply charge Foie (hold down on the button assigned to Foie) to do so.

These are things you might want to keep in mind before you decide.

Personally, I've never really cared for Forces/Magic users in PSO, PSU, or any Action RPG for that matter. I don't have anything against them, I just don't particularly like managing an MP/TP/SP/PP pool and aligning spell elements with enemy resistances. So if I were in your shoes, It would be an easy choice for myself.

kirtblue
Oct 19, 2009, 04:23 AM
you know i dont wanna make up your mind for you its your choice to make but i just noticed that only the fomar group has one of the new classes might be something to think about idk

Zero Revenge
Oct 19, 2009, 07:49 AM
Niered is right, all of the classes have received a sort of buff/change since PSO.

I would also gauge it on the weapons they use, seeing as [to me] alot of gameplay is kick ass rares.

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu336/ZeroRevenge/Phantasy%20Star/PSZeroWepTypes2.jpg

zling
Oct 19, 2009, 10:08 AM
i voted ramar main, i think there will be alot of FOs this time around cuz people are saying they are op. but then again, that may be the reason for you to play one as your main.

kirtblue
Oct 19, 2009, 04:14 PM
thanx for the helpful chart zero revenge

Zero Revenge
Oct 19, 2009, 07:06 PM
No problem. It helped me choose RAmar over HUnewearl.

kirtblue
Oct 19, 2009, 07:11 PM
No problem. It helped me choose RAmar over HUnewearl.

what are you gunna do with the other character slots?

Zero Revenge
Oct 19, 2009, 09:38 PM
Well my Main is going to be my RAmar, then a HUnewarl for my primary Alt.

And my secondary? Probably a Force.

kirtblue
Oct 19, 2009, 09:44 PM
Well my Main is going to be my RAmar, then a HUnewarl for my primary Alt.

And my secondary? Probably a Force.

i see but there is a problem with that you got an ranger a hunter and maybe a force

you got a human and a newman so far so if you play as a force you wouldnt be able to see the cast story

SirTopps
Oct 19, 2009, 09:59 PM
looks like fomar is winning. but ever so slightly . come on guys.

Zero Revenge
Oct 19, 2009, 10:08 PM
i see but there is a problem with that you got an ranger a hunter and maybe a force

you got a human and a newman so far so if you play as a force you wouldnt be able to see the cast story

Yeah I know. I've never really played a CAST before... And I want to play a Human Ranger, and Newman Hunter.

Never really played a Force either.

And Chances are, I won't play a third character anyway.

SirTopps
Oct 19, 2009, 10:24 PM
forces are hot.

kirtblue
Oct 19, 2009, 10:37 PM
Yeah I know. I've never really played a CAST before... And I want to play a Human Ranger, and Newman Hunter.

Never really played a Force either.

And Chances are, I won't play a third character anyway.

you never played a cast?

crazy but i guess that everyone has their preferences

wont play the third character man i wish i had it that easy im having a hard time trying to limit myself to three so i dont have to buy more than one copy of the game

Rakath Talyn
Oct 19, 2009, 10:52 PM
It's a matter of playstyle. But looking at your options.

I'd rather have a HUne/wm than a HUcast (but this is heavy bias as I love HUne use), a RAcast than a RAmar, and a HUmarl than a FOnewm (but you picked FOmar... which I'd also take over the FOnewm).

That's me, looking at the choices of Hunter, Ranger, and Force not as to which is main, I'd rather the set following the FOmar.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 19, 2009, 11:05 PM
I'll prolly do:

RAmarl/HUcast/FOnewm. Mostly because they look 50x cooler than the PSO counterparts.

kirtblue
Oct 19, 2009, 11:23 PM
after alot of thinking my head hurts but i think i gunna do it like this

humarl main
racaseal alt one
fonewearl alt two

you got names for them all figured out yet

Zero Revenge
Oct 19, 2009, 11:50 PM
I just didn't like how bulky the CAST Rangers were in PSO, and when I was younger, I would always make my characters male. Now it doesn't matter too much to me, as I am older and much more wiser.

I never did a CAST Hunter because two of my friends always made them, and I didn't want to overlap characters. That and the ability to heal just seems so worth it.

And come on - COWBOY HAT.

kirtblue
Oct 20, 2009, 12:15 AM
i can understand that when i first started pso i was like i can make more than one character awesome

i planned to make half my characters male but all my friends did all male characters and we didnt have online at the time so i made all mine female

i played a racast for all of 12 mins before i recreated him into a her the sound he made when he walked drove me bonkers like everyone else i played with

the cowboy hat is kinda neat but i see enough of them here in montana

djknitex
Oct 20, 2009, 12:24 AM
Im going to create a FOnewm for my main, idk about my alt yet, lol

kirtblue
Oct 20, 2009, 12:29 AM
sweet i think your the first that i know of that is having the fonewman as a main

Zero Revenge
Oct 20, 2009, 12:32 AM
i can understand that when i first started pso i was like i can make more than one character awesome

i planned to make half my characters male but all my friends did all male characters and we didnt have online at the time so i made all mine female

i played a racast for all of 12 mins before i recreated him into a her the sound he made when he walked drove me bonkers like everyone else i played with

the cowboy hat is kinda neat but i see enough of them here in montana

http://www.visitingdc.com/images/new-york-skyline-picture.jpg

You'll never see a Cowboy Hat here. I've been a huge fan of Wide-brimmed hats since I watched Vampire Hunter D in late High School. I also used to be a HUGE Civil War buff, both Union & Confederation. I also love the military and the Green berets.

....And I guess Bandannas are cool too... >_>

So yeah, the RAmar is perfect for me. Did I mention that I love guns too?

I like the RAmarl's cute military-esque uniforms, and she IS cute as a button, but I gotta play with what's just screaming for me to play.

Oh and Christ, CAST's made robot noises when they walked? I probably should have seen that coming, but that highest i've gotten a CAST was level 2 in PSO.

kirtblue
Oct 20, 2009, 12:37 AM
no not all cast just the racast sounded like he was kicking a metal dumpster when he walked

my racaseals i have two because i got rid of the racast and my hucaseal made the same sound as everyone else when walking

Donnikun
Oct 20, 2009, 04:46 PM
wow guys this is all very helpful info, and after reading it all and taking your opinions into account, but mostly what i like to play as. i think ill choose Main:FOmar Alts:Hunewm, and RAcast or RAceasel, one of the android rangers. Unless for some reason i change my mind, but i really like the sound of the new spell system, where you just charge up to the higher levels. that was the big obstacle with my FOmar in PSO1 and 2 was the having to switch spells around a lot, now i can just charge as i need. so im about 90% sure ill go with the FOmar main at this point. but still 3 more weeks of thinking left lol arrghh im going of the rail on a crazy train, anyway keep posting info and opinions, this is all really great feedback, ill be more active prolly on weekends, very busy with school and all. and of course holidays.

kirtblue
Oct 20, 2009, 05:02 PM
i agree the charge feature sounds way cooler than having like 30 million different ones as you only have six slots in action pallet was always a pain trying to remember switch them out all the time in pso

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Oct 24, 2009, 05:28 PM
definently the 2nd choice itsgot HUnewm (my soon to be main) and FOmar (my second character) plus im probably makin a RAcast for my last char, cuz i want 1 of each class and 1 of each race, otherwise i would never get an android.