PDA

View Full Version : soloing dark god.

bishop472003
Oct 19, 2009, 01:12 AM
has anyone done this, if so any tips. On s2.

Allison_W
Oct 19, 2009, 01:32 AM
Well of course people have done it. Hell, I've done it.

First off, you might want to go as a class that has access to rifles or bows, since Dark Falz isn't always nice about letting melee classes get close to it, and even short-range guns can't always reach it. (Gunmasters will probably chew this one right up.) At the very least I wouldn't go as a Fighmaster; even a Fortefighter would probably be better, as those peashooters of theirs can do a hell of a lot more damage than you'd think (a 10/10 B'duki Maganac has 448 ATP, on top of the fact that Fortefighter ATP is crazy good), and that adds up when the supposed Dark God is being a super wuss and avoiding you like the plague.

Needless to say, bring your best dark armour (and a Vijeri / Resist if it's within your reach), your best light weapons, your PM if you have one, and another partner character (or two NPCs if you don't have a PM), even if only to act as a distraction. Less obvious is that you should also bring a light armour and at least one good dark weapon, because Lutus Jiggae can spawn in this mission just to screw with you.

If Megid is a problem for you and you can't get a Vijeri / Resist, you might try a De Colte Line (which only has 1 DFP, 1 MST, and Head and Arm slots, but 300 EVP and a whopping 20 STA), or you could put a lot of effort into locking down Deljabans and Delp Slamis--Protransers are good for this with things like Freeze and Stun Traps, and stuff like Bogga Zubba, Rising Strike, Anga Dugrega, etc. can be good for keeping them off their feet (well, the Deljabans, anyway; Delp Slamis can't be knocked upwards or across the room, but they can be knocked down despite being sessile). NPCs can be a huge help here, too, being excellent Megid bait and all.

Keilyn
Oct 19, 2009, 01:50 AM
Another way to counter megid is to try to find a way to reduce the damage to zero. An SE won't trigger unless you are damaged by an attack. On my female newman I did the following in Seed Express S2 where the enemies are higher level than Dark God S2....(so it means you should need less to cancel megid)

Female Newman Masterforce 20 + 28% Dark Feril Line + Vijeri / Rainbow + Dallgun Rod + Hizeri / Mind + Item buff. (when soloing)

Allison_W
Oct 19, 2009, 02:39 AM
Oooh, good one, Keilyn. That's easy to forget.

bishop472003
Oct 19, 2009, 03:44 AM
thanx guys. I see s is s2 out yet? And where,s a good place to get diads?

Keilyn
Oct 19, 2009, 04:05 AM
My favorite thing for Diads Bishop ^^

Wait for a Luck 3 day and then......

1) Find a friend and agree on how to distribute or share the diads. Tell your friend that you are attempting to make psychowand with them and you may get help to keep them. Agree that you want to go to White Beast JUST for the Diad box in Block 3.

2) Have both set up as Fighmaster with Anga Jabroga, Tornado Dance and Dus Majarra. Don't forget your Dark Weapons.

3) Armor: You could use Sleep /Resists or an armor high enough in Light + Crb to reduce Sleep Attack Damage to 0 and not get affected.

4) Enter White Beast S (not A or S2....S has the box...)

Time attack your way to the diad box, skipping as many spawns as you can. You will use Jabroga together with your friend to finish spawns and charge up Paradi (if playing as cast) and Tornado Dance for mobility. You will find yourself skipping lots of spawns in Block 2. Remember to only fight Spawns that give you keys or get in the way of advancing. If you do this correctly, you can reach the diad box in 3 - 4 minutes...then abandon and try again.

Please note that the Diad box will not always contain a Diad as it has a chance to spawn which is highest on luck three days. Its possible to get the 30 that you need in one day to make your pwand if you do this right.