PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Sorry state of materials

rayner
Oct 19, 2009, 08:05 AM
So for the past week I've been trying to get back into the groove of PSU after being gone for 7 months. I've had a bunch of boards in storage just waiting to be made. I start checking the prices of 10* Materials, glad to see Catilium down to 60K from when it was over 300K, and other metals also around 60K. My main is a Guntecher and I look around for some [B] Cubo Tuma and I notice that they are REALLY cheap, 10K - 20K. I want to save some of them for grinding when we get a boost or even just 3* luck. I missed the whole event in which Mot Walna dropped in abundance. 10K - 15K each. So I'm off to buy Petanite... 75K each! I have 9 in storage... I need 25, I spend 1 million meseta on Petanite. I get 4/5 of Cubo Tuma ( 1 broke ) and I'm pretty happy.

For weapons that need Gemstones, forget that idea, I have 4 [b] Svaltus Sword and if I wanted to BUY 60 Goldania? That's 10 million meseta. The Sword would have to come out 38% or above to even be worht the materials put in. I met a cool PSO WORLD forum guy and informed me of the Mission: Innocent Girl. So I've been doing that mission ( which is Solo only ) gathering up Par Walna & Nanopolymers to make many of the boards that are just sitting in player shops and finding many of my own and stocking up Materials so I can make more in the future. Innocent Girl A is a great mission for a Gunner-type and those Badges I earn I use in the Lottery hoping for some 10* materials.

This is where the problem starts... I want Hapotite to make Battlestopper I need 35, so I start putting up some of the other won 10* mats to basically trade for the ones I need. I also put up my Nanopolymers, I'm not going to start naming people, but someone would buy all the materials and then re-list them in their shop at a higher price. This has been going on for as long as PSU has been out. But with the state of the game what it is... that it's rare if we actually filled up Universe 1, you wouldn't think that players that have 100's of million of meseta would still be like this? I mean I helped out some noobs this weekend just to have someone to play with... that was before meeting with some of the PSO regulars to do some runs.

I've probably mentioned this before in the years, but why doesn't Sega just make those mateirals available in the NPC stores? I mean if 10* Metals were 50K in NPC Stores you would stop the squatters hording all the NEEDED maerials to make the items we want. Then when said materials are in abundance we either save them or place them for lower than the NPC. Also this would funnel-out some of the meseta in curculation, when I buy from a Player-shop the meseta is just transfered not really "used" This way all those S-Rank boards in shops could actually be made... then grinded and the value of a Weapon / Armor would be in the board not the materials to make it... this way MAYBE people would stop spamming White Beast and start doing runs for the items they want.

I have another suggestion in this regard, why aren't there more "fixed" drops, if I want Petanite... let there be a Guarnateed Petanite in a specific boss drop on a specific Difficulty. Kinda like how that Diad is in White Beast S ( even though it's not 100% ) That way we can play said mission to farm the needed materials for that item... or offer A -> S Metal Conversion Boards ( As a Boss Box Drop, not sold in NPC stores ) because when I get that Terinate I'm really pissed off, I just did this run with low - moderate drops just for the materials and they DIDN'T DROP! I like how certain Gemstones have definite fixed drops, even though Innocent Girl is a bit random, I like getting those 3 Olpad / Copernia / Morbinia, when it's Rubinad or Arminia I'm a bit irked, but Gemstones in general drop frequently in that mission. There need to be more like it and as a multiplayer mission.

Allison_W
Oct 19, 2009, 09:27 AM
That would require Sega to give two shits and a fuck about the economy, let alone the regional economy, which is laughable when they're doing their best to destroy the economy themselves JP-side by suckering players into spending their money on that Guardians Cash horseshit instead (seriously, even the Full Custom Power GAS is a crystal-clear attempt to break the wills of players trying to get weapons to 10/10 without spending GC)--the worse the non-GC economy, the better their profits from GC will be, and so they have every reason to let the economy rot. Besides that I could make some terrible insinuations as to what their time at work must be spent doing (Bruce's Ointment + Lumia Portrait + ??? = PROFIT!), but it seems like the actual fact of the matter is that very few staff are allocated to PSU with most of them being allocated to other projects. Which might not be so bad in the long run if they actually manage not to fuck PSP2 up I guess but it's sure as hell annoying right now.

As for how to solve the problem, that's a good question--I don't know if blacklisting prevents someone from purchasing things from your shop, but if it does, your first line of defense is to blacklist people who purchase from your shop and resell at higher prices to cut out competition. If that doesn't work, though, then the only way to do it would be to somehow manage to organize the hive of scum and villainy that is the 360 server to do something right for once and utterly ostracize such people, denying them groups and refusing to buy anything from their shops even if they step up their efforts to kill off lower-priced competitors, until they're broke, friendless, not having any fun at all anymore, and leave the game. While you could use trade boards on forums like this and the official site to organize seller-to-user trades to get around giving such a person the chance to buy and resell from your shop in the event that you actually manage to get such a campaign up and running in some useful capacity, you wouldn't be able to use such boards for the purpose of identifying and ostracizing offenders--I know PSOW doesn't generally want its boards used for putting other players on trial like that. I'm assuming they wouldn't accept a social group aimed at the specific purpose of identifying and cutting out abusive trade sharks that ruin the economy, either, so you have your work cut out for you.

Then again, it sounds like your economy is still better than the one we have on the PC/PS2 side. A quick check turns up Petanite for as low as 52k right now, but the Mot Walnas are at least 50k each, Cubo Tuma boards no less than 90k, and those 60 Goldanias would cost at least 13 million and change over here (assuming the lowest-priced shop has 60 of them).

Please pardon my French, by the by. This is one of those issues that really pisses me off.

rayner
Oct 19, 2009, 10:02 AM
I try not to buy from the "re-sellers" in the incident that happened yesterday I took my meseta out of my bot and then did a conditional search for "Hapotite" and it was the same person that just bought all my Ydral, Catilium & Petanite, along with all my Nanopolymers ( 29 @ 75K each ) So I waited a bit... did some True Darkness S2 runs got a few and then noticed that there were a few "new" lower Hapotite listed so I bought them. It can't be that difficult to add an item to the NPC store... or at the very least a A -> S Metal Boards as rare drop. That would solve this problem.

I may just blacklist these re-sellers, just out of principle. I mean when a newbie gets that shinny S-Rank Board and then realize that they have to break-the-bank just for the materials, they might stop altogether. I like the lottery but would like if they split-up the entry... like Metals / Wood / Polymers. As much as people run White Beast you would think that Neu Walna would be cheap, but it's 50K a piece.

BIG OLAF
Oct 19, 2009, 10:06 AM
As much as people run White Beast you would think that Neu Walna would be cheap, but it's 50K a piece.

Neu Walna doesn't drop from White Beast, save for the boss boxes, and then, it's only one, usually. That's the problem. Neu Walna only drops regularly (when I say "regularly", I mean more than one per run) from rocks/trees on "wooded-area" missions, like Sakura Blast, or Flowery Pursuit. The problem is that anything that doesn't drop from White Beast is expensive (unless it was dropped in an event, in which case it's price has been crushed downwards).

rayner
Oct 19, 2009, 10:10 AM
Neu Walna doesn't drop from White Beast, save for the boss boxes, and then, it's only one, usually. That's the problem. Neu Walna only drops regularly (when I say "regularly", I mean more than one per run) from rocks/trees on "wooded-area" missions, like Sakura Blast, or Flowery Pursuit. The problem is that anything that doesn't drop from White Beast is expensive (unless it was dropped in an event, in which case it's price has been crushed downwards).

I missed the last event... how often did Mot Walna drop? It's currently @ 12K - 15K each and that's a really good price. I bought a stack just for future boards. Innocent Girl has an average of 5 - 6 Par Walna a run and 2 Nanopolymers. We need something like this for each planet.

Ceresa
Oct 19, 2009, 10:12 AM
Ragnus clearboxes have petanite and hapotite all the time.
Bladed Legacy clear box has tons of cat along with several boxes in the mission...
Mother brain has tons of kladorian
Sleeping Warriors has tons of boxes for every mat
Seed Express and Scarred Planet area drop goldania and moribinia out the ass
True Darkness B2 has a box for most of the materials right at the start.
Breaking trees in Sakura and Most moa missions gives Walna.

How hard did you look?

Allison_W
Oct 19, 2009, 10:22 AM
Bladed Legacy clear box has tons of cat along with several boxes in the mission...

The problem with farming the clear boxes in Bladed Legacy is the Magashi gangbang at the end. :(

rayner
Oct 19, 2009, 10:36 AM
Ragnus clearboxes have petanite and hapotite all the time.
Mother brain has tons of kladorian
Sleeping Warriors has tons of boxes for every mat
Seed Express and Scarred Planet area drop goldania and moribinia out the ass
True Darkness B2 has a box for most of the materials right at the start.
Breaking trees in Sakura and Most moa missions gives Walna.

How hard did you look?

How often do you do these runs? Or did you just want to troll me?

Ragnus Clearboxes is not "all the time" I see Teranite all the time.
Bladed Legacy... yes that is where I farm Catilium.
Mother Brain... I don't really like this mission.
Sleep Warrior... You can go an S2 run and not get a Single 10* Metal or Nanopolymer... I've done so hundreds of times ( Psycho Wand hunting )
Scarred Planet drops Goldania and Morbinia... frequently... not "out the ass"
True Darkness S2 drops Hapotite, Catilium & Ydral... I mentioned this in my post.
Breaking Trees for Walna is not Guaranteed either, I do Sakura Blast S2 for Neu Walna.

This post is not a "whine" post it's that certain missions are easier than others in getting said materials and when you want to sell & trade to get the ones you need there are people who just buy them to re-sell them, you basically have to buy when they are doing runs. Just put them dam materials in the NPC store... it will reduce the amount of meseta in circulation and newbies will be happy. I hate doing runs which I don't find fun to get a *chance* for a material... it's too often I get nothing I came looking for.

Allison_W
Oct 19, 2009, 10:47 AM
I missed the last event... how often did Mot Walna drop? It's currently @ 12K - 15K each and that's a really good price. I bought a stack just for future boards. Innocent Girl has an average of 5 - 6 Par Walna a run and 2 Nanopolymers. We need something like this for each planet.

Belatedly, on this I agree. Getting Ortaresins or Metaresins on the PC/PS2 side is just nuts compared to getting Nanoresins, for instance.

Ceresa
Oct 19, 2009, 11:18 AM
They drop often enough to cover a board every hour or so, as long as your runs aren't slow as hell.

And nothing stopping you from buying from resellers, when you do make sure you leave a thank you note for having 99x7 in one shop so you don't have to visit a dozen shops selling 2 each. Make sure to thank them for keeping the price stable so people can keep selling them for a decent profit too. Game isn't just about buying you know.

rayner
Oct 19, 2009, 11:32 AM
They drop often enough to cover a board every hour or so, as long as your runs aren't slow as hell.

And nothing stopping you from buying from resellers, when you do make sure you leave a thank you note for having 99x7 in one shop so you don't have to visit a dozen shops selling 2 each. Make sure to thank them for keeping the price stable so people can keep selling them for a decent profit too. Game isn't just about buying you know.

I had 29 Nanopolymers @ 75K and they re-sold them @ 100K I should thank them for that? Give me a break, how much time would it take to hit 2-buttons -> loading -> buy, next shop. A whole 3 minutes? Oh I'm sorry that's the entire run while skipping enemies in TD S2... I wasted a whole run for you. Not everyone plays for Maximum output...

When I woke up this morning the cheapest Nanopolymer was 50K... when I get home it will be 100K again. So I should thank them for charging 2X then? Maybe I should buy them all up and charge 99K? Does that make it any less wrong?

Ceresa
Oct 19, 2009, 11:39 AM
Your fault for not selling at 90k or 95k then.

No one forcing that person to sell at 50k. They could have looked at pricing trends. Well tough shit. More profit for the reseller.

Shou
Oct 19, 2009, 11:46 AM
lol Price Gouging.

Is it wrong? No

Does it even have a definition that the economic community agrees on? No

As long as someone is willing an able to pay 100k a pop for them, the price is not too high is it?

rayner
Oct 19, 2009, 11:50 AM
Your fault for not selling at 90k or 95k then.

No one forcing that person to sell at 50k. They could have looked at pricing trends. Well tough shit. More profit for the reseller.

Argh! And you're not even on the X360. You know, now I AM Blacklisting this bastard, at least when people buy from me hopefully they will be buying it to make the item from a Board instead of making quick meseta.

Just add the dam materials to the NPC shop and this crap will end... it's been this way ever since conditional search.

Shou
Oct 19, 2009, 11:55 AM
The conditional search was one of the best updates PSU has ever recieved! :o

rayner
Oct 19, 2009, 12:01 PM

I'm not saying it's bad... that it's just been this way since Condition Search allowed people to undercut others by 1 meseta. You don't see this happening with Ebons or Resin...

To hell with this I'm putting this is my shop detail:

Innocent Girl A - 2 Nanopolymer Average in B2

Let's see if he can keep up with the hundreds of Nanopolymers hitting the market.

BIG OLAF
Oct 19, 2009, 12:02 PM

Without a doubt. Yet, I think what Rayner is trying to say is that he thinks it's stupid, or unfair, that people buy things just to re-sell them at a slightly higher price than they were purchased for. It's just part of the game, however. Yes, those people are indeed douchebags, but nothing will stop all of them. Hell, I even do it sometimes, if people are foolish enough to sell something way below standard market price.

Example: Copernia was 50k each. Someone was selling theirs for 5k. I bought all of them, and resold them for 50k. Easy money.

rayner
Oct 19, 2009, 12:19 PM
Example: Copernia was 50k each. Someone was selling theirs for 5k. I bought all of them, and resold them for 50k. Easy money.

I think I'm a bit bitter right now because it was "help a newbie" weekend for me. I think I was there when you bought that Copernia, someone thought that 5,000 meseta was ALOT, I tried to teach him how to use the conditional search, but the squeaky voice was too much.

Allison_W
Oct 19, 2009, 01:09 PM
Go for it, rayner. Doing everything in one's power to make trouble for the greedy is always a noble endeavour.

pinkace
Oct 19, 2009, 09:06 PM
I agree with Ceresa. When I need a particular item to make a weapon, I go to PSUpedia, look at the charts and find out where it is. Then I try to get a friend or two to help me.

You are not alone in your dislike of the economy, but honestly, all the info you need to avoid having to be a part of the economy is there. Why put up with it if you can do fine on your own?

Volcompat321
Oct 19, 2009, 09:11 PM
How often do you do these runs? Or did you just want to troll me?
You wanted answers, and she gave them to you, how is that trolling?

You say it's hard to come by, yet the solution is in front of your face.

It's not about how often you run those missions, it's about how bad you want a material.

If you want something that bad, you will go to the place it drops most, correct? I know I will.
Ceresa just gave you what 7 solutions, use them

I had 29 Nanopolymers @ 75K and they re-sold them @ 100K I should thank them for that? Give me a break, how much time would it take to hit 2-buttons -> loading -> buy, next shop. A whole 3 minutes? Oh I'm sorry that's the entire run while skipping enemies in TD S2... I wasted a whole run for you. Not everyone plays for Maximum output...

When I woke up this morning the cheapest Nanopolymer was 50K... when I get home it will be 100K again. So I should thank them for charging 2X then? Maybe I should buy them all up and charge 99K? Does that make it any less wrong?

You may not be familiar with Lady Kuja of the Pc/Ps2 server a bit back...but..
She bought up all the catilium for a good year, and controlled the market for them.
She made the prices, and she did the work getting them. (Yea, it may be buying cheap and selling high, but it worked).
An easy solution to this, is run BLS2, and get your own. (Not just you, everyone).
Sure it will take some time, but you'll get em.

rayner
Oct 19, 2009, 09:54 PM
Nanopolymers are down to 48K... Also the number of people playing Innocent Girl has doubled ( at least from this time yesterday ) I have it as my message when people enter my room buying them. I'm going to really screw up the market for them, I don't care let more people find them instead of paying a squatter.

Oh an Vol, those aren't solutions... they are suggestions and some of them bad / inaccurate suggestions. I just want a Guaranteed Petanite drop... come on there are like 0 Guntechers on the X360, an yet it's almost the most expensive of them all. I don't want to see Teranite anymore, especially when the missions I have a chance to find it on have crappy drops.

Powder Keg
Oct 19, 2009, 10:02 PM
I've never had trouble getting Petanite or Hapotite. Those are incredibly easy drops in a lot of missions. Everything mentioned is relatively easy to get except for Morbinia and Goldania.

Volcompat321
Oct 19, 2009, 10:04 PM
The reason the material is expensive is because there are so little Guntechers.
If there were hundreds of them, people would be hunting the materials used to make GT weps.
Since there are so few, prices will be high, because no one is hunting the material.

The suggestions Ceresa..suggested are solutions if used.
If you go hunt the material, you don't have to worry about prices, correct?

Delete
Oct 19, 2009, 10:21 PM
I may just blacklist these re-sellers, just out of principle..

If you saw a 2 Repcas 10/10 50% for 50 mil in a player shop (I know it won't ever happen, just saying) you can't say you wouldn't wanna pick them up and probably resell one of them. If a player sees something that's under-priced, it's not exactly wrong to buy and resell because if they don't, someone will. It's okay to under-price some things, but try not to go too low or else this will happen often : (

PS: I have at least like 34 Petanite, I wouldn't mind giving them to ya tbh.^^

Allison_W
Oct 19, 2009, 10:24 PM
Nanopolymers are down to 48K... Also the number of people playing Innocent Girl has doubled ( at least from this time yesterday ) I have it as my message when people enter my room buying them. I'm going to really screw up the market for them, I don't care let more people find them instead of paying a squatter.

NICE gutpunch. I'm proud of you.

Volcompat321
Oct 19, 2009, 10:28 PM
I think the only wrong thing about reselling is when you get something from a friend for dirt cheap, and then go ahead and sell it for more.

I'm a super nice guy, and I've let things go for super cheap, thinking the person I traded it to was going to be using it.
Well, that over 99 mil item was sold for more then what I gave it to the "friend" for, and I got ripped off.

It was my own fault but eh, still kinda hurt.
It was a long time ago anyway.

BIG OLAF
Oct 19, 2009, 10:39 PM
I think the only wrong thing about reselling is when you get something from a friend for dirt cheap, and then go ahead and sell it for more.

I agree with you there, Pat. Hell, I'm such a good friend in-game, that when someone gives me an item, I hold on to it forever, as a "symbol of friendship" kind of thing.

When I wanted an Agito Repca really bad, all my old friends actually pitched in a few million meseta each, and helped pay for it. I still have (and use) it to this day. I don't care if the percentage isn't very good, or that it's broken. It reminds me of my friends, and that's what matters.

...*whew*. Glad I got that off my chest. ^^

Delete
Oct 19, 2009, 10:51 PM
^You guys are right. I wouldn't resell stuff that was given to me from a friend for a ton of money.One of my friends who quit gave me a bunch of weapons which I gave most away. It was A ranks but it's the thought that counts lol.

Tetsaru
Oct 19, 2009, 11:03 PM
Time for more of Tetsaru's 2 cents on the matter:

Sega went about doing the whole item-synthing system all wrong. Imo, they probably would have been better off not implementing it, and just sticking to the old PSO ID and "beats" system, where if you want a certain item, you have to get it from a Redria player, etc... use the old trading method that helped make the Pokemon franchise such a popular multiplayer series.

If you implement some sort of synthing system, you should also implement a crafting skill system as well. I know PSU has the whole feed your PM to make it better at synthing a certain type of item, but that's really too easy imo... all you have to do is buy a bunch of items and force them down the poor loli-bot's throat, and in a few days, you're already maxed out. It's just another way of making it the rich man's game to where you can buy your way out of everything, and even still, at max levels, your PM can still fail stuff, which is just bogus imo. If you want to be good at crafting, you should have to first gather materials the old fashioned ways - mining, logging, etc. Go to a cave or a mine, use your digging tools, and see what you can find. And the more you do it, the better your skill gets, and the easier it becomes to find the good stuff. THEN, you have to practice actually MAKING an item with the materials you've gathered. You'll have to practice making simple swords or something at first, but later on, you can forge elaborately ornate and strong weapons. It just doesn't make sense to me that any noob can just spam White Beast, save up their money, buy a bunch of cheap items, feed them to their PM, and suddenly be able to make the best weapons in the game AND most likely be able to equip them too... that's just bullshit.

Another problem that's so prevalent in PSU is the fact that weapon/armor boards get whored out during events, but NOT the materials to make them... shouldn't that be the other way around...? Also, some items should just be event-only; if you weren't around during the event to get them, tough... but they shouldn't be the strongest weapons available. Instead, they should be more cosmetic and "ooh, look at this cool thing" items.

Another issue: Sega releases either a board, but not the materials to make it, or vice versa. Either that, or the materials are just so ridiculous to obtain. Fail an AotI tech weapon and HOPE you get a Paural?? REALLY!?

Finally, making account-bound items (such as PA Fragments), as well as items you can only have one of per account (such as the Edil Weapons), would REALLY solve a lot of problems, imo. People would actually be more inclined to EARN their equipment rather than save up a lot of money from White Beast runs or something and buy everything from a player shop, and never actually remove the spent money from the game, so it just keeps adding up... again, it just becomes the rich man's game at that point. It just feels so much more fulfilling to me when you actually go out and BUST YOUR ASS to get that awesome sword that no one else seems to have.

Allison_W
Oct 19, 2009, 11:12 PM
Lots of account-bound items post-Supplemental Update it looks like, along with new ways to get the super-rare mats like "S2"-rank woods and metals.

People seem to be overlooking the success story this thread contains, however: dude gets pissed off at greedy people being greedy, spreads dangerous information that's bad for the greedy people, slashes greedy people's profits. Always a noble endeavour, and so heartwarming to see it work out.

Allison_W
Oct 19, 2009, 11:44 PM

Not capped, poorly equipped, using strictly non-master classes (lol Wartecher), and pre-SU, so yeah, kinda.

Ellea
Oct 19, 2009, 11:51 PM
The problem with farming the clear boxes in Bladed Legacy is the Magashi gangbang at the end. :(

Not quite. You can get several Cat per hour in Bladed Legacy without really even trying. All it involves is getting the correct map and spending like, 5 minutes in it.

Shou
Oct 19, 2009, 11:55 PM
If you want to "slash" the PSU "monopolist's" profits, then do not buy from them. What Lady Kuja did didn't even work. Hardly anyone bought catilium from him. Many people believe you can charge any price you want, as a monopolist, and still maximize profits and it is totally wrong. Kuja would have lost a TON of money if he had never been attacked. STD came and blew Catilium prices out of the water.

str898mustang
Oct 20, 2009, 12:05 AM
Just BL the person. I couldn't stand what Lady Kuja was doing. Oh well, he ended getting up hacked and such and IMHO, he deserved it being the way he was(he backstabbed a lot of people). All u can do is BL the person.

Gunslinger-08
Oct 20, 2009, 12:45 AM
If a player sees something that's under-priced, it's not exactly wrong to buy and resell because if they don't, someone will. It's okay to under-price some things, but try not to go too low or else this will happen often : (

There's nothing particularly wrong with reselling, but when people scour the market looking to make money that way instead of earning meseta like most others, I'd certainly call it tasteless.

Shou
Oct 20, 2009, 12:51 AM
Why do so many people think its wrong or get upset when people do everything they can to make money? :(

Gunslinger-08
Oct 20, 2009, 12:57 AM
Why do so many people think its wrong or get upset when people do everything they can to make money? :(

Because few things can suck worse than being next to broke, being in dire need of catillium, finding an amazing deal in a shop, and then getting there in time to see someone else buy it up and put it up in their shop for a much higher price?

I'm not going to BL someone over it, but I don't have to condone it either.

Shou
Oct 20, 2009, 01:43 AM
But couldn't that person say the same thing about you if you bought it before that person could?

Gunslinger-08
Oct 20, 2009, 02:20 AM
But couldn't that person say the same thing about you if you bought it before that person could?

They could say it, but the difference would be that I actually wanted to use the mat in a synth, and not just sell it like them.

Allison_W
Oct 20, 2009, 02:31 AM
Not quite. You can get several Cat per hour in Bladed Legacy without really even trying. All it involves is getting the correct map and spending like, 5 minutes in it.

I didn't say farming Bladed Legacy period; I said farming the clear boxes specifically. I have not once gone in there and not damn near gotten sent back to the lobby. :(

As for five minutes, assuming your assumption is quitting at the end of block 2, the figure still honestly depends upon your kill speed... and there are a whole lot of factors that can drag that down (i.e., not being capped or anywhere near it, being dumb enough to play a wartecher, still having half your gear in the A ranks, etc.). Yes, I'm aware the mission has skippable spawns, but they aren't always the ones that would be really nice to be able to skip. There is always cranking the difficulty down a bit and doing it on A or S, but... I should find out for certain whether higher-level missions drop S-rank mats more frequently than lower-level missions that are capable of dropping the same mats; it seems to be the case in my experience, but I haven't actually kept records.

Speaking of, I got Megid to 21 and everything and the bots still don't croak all that quickly. I was under the impression they didn't hold up well to incap LV3, but it still takes quite a bit of repeated casting. Perhaps I'm just impatient.

Allison_W
Oct 20, 2009, 03:03 AM

Because it involves taking that money out of someone else's pocket while doing nothing whatsoever to earn it, not even serving a useful distributor role ("getting it all together in one shop" does not apply in PSU, where visiting a handful of shops instead of one is trivial to anyone who doesn't keep time in 3-minute White Beast S Diad run increments--and even if they do, the cost savings will, in many situations, be worth the loss of one run that isn't even guaranteed to produce). If someone wants to get a stack of something without taking the precious few minutes to go to a few different shops, they can take thirty seconds to post to a trade board with their offer, and then someone can go ahead and take the few minutes to buy up said stack and sell it to the buyer for a profit, given that profit is taken from the pocket of the person who requested someone do the service of getting it all together in one place for them. Of course, that'd still probably take longer than just doing it yourself anyway, but lazy is as lazy does. I'm pretty lazy and not even I'm lazy enough for that shit (and yes, for all the bitching I do about materials runs, I still get my own materials more often than not--except where the resins are concerned, and there the problem is not reasonably priced goods spread out over a bunch of shops, just stupid people selling above the NPC price; there I'm taking the trade board route and trying out quicker resin runs--Ambition's End is nice).

It is essentially forcibly inserting oneself as an unwanted, completely unneeded, and utterly worthless middle man between the base resource provider and the end user--a parasite who takes without giving back, not because they aren't capable of giving back, but because they're a greedy little fucktard who thinks it's OK to stick their dick in everyone else's mashed potatoes and demand money before they pull it out.

And no, "someone else will do it anyway lol" doesn't justify anything. It only means you've allowed yourself to become part of the problem, and that you are equally responsible. It's everyone's responsibility to not be an asshole, and that doesn't go away just because you think someone else will be an asshole in your stead.

Gunslinger is correct: to purchase the item to use yourself is not taking money out of someone else's pocket (except for resellers, who are the least entitled of all), even if it is denying them access: the product has to have an end user, but it does not have to have some douchebag inserting themselves in the middle to do nothing but raise the price and pocket the difference.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Oct 20, 2009, 03:27 AM
So for the past week I've been trying to get back into the groove of PSU after being gone for 7 months. I've had a bunch of boards in storage just waiting to be made. I start checking the prices of 10* Materials, glad to see Catilium down to 60K from when it was over 300K, and other metals also around 60K. My main is a Guntecher and I look around for some [B] Cubo Tuma and I notice that they are REALLY cheap, 10K - 20K. I want to save some of them for grinding when we get a boost or even just 3* luck. I missed the whole event in which Mot Walna dropped in abundance. 10K - 15K each. So I'm off to buy Petanite... 75K each! I have 9 in storage... I need 25, I spend 1 million meseta on Petanite. I get 4/5 of Cubo Tuma ( 1 broke ) and I'm pretty happy.

For weapons that need Gemstones, forget that idea, I have 4 [b] Svaltus Sword and if I wanted to BUY 60 Goldania? That's 10 million meseta. The Sword would have to come out 38% or above to even be worht the materials put in. I met a cool PSO WORLD forum guy and informed me of the Mission: Innocent Girl. So I've been doing that mission ( which is Solo only ) gathering up Par Walna & Nanopolymers to make many of the boards that are just sitting in player shops and finding many of my own and stocking up Materials so I can make more in the future. Innocent Girl A is a great mission for a Gunner-type and those Badges I earn I use in the Lottery hoping for some 10* materials.

This is where the problem starts... I want Hapotite to make Battlestopper I need 35, so I start putting up some of the other won 10* mats to basically trade for the ones I need. I also put up my Nanopolymers, I'm not going to start naming people, but someone would buy all the materials and then re-list them in their shop at a higher price. This has been going on for as long as PSU has been out. But with the state of the game what it is... that it's rare if we actually filled up Universe 1, you wouldn't think that players that have 100's of million of meseta would still be like this? I mean I helped out some noobs this weekend just to have someone to play with... that was before meeting with some of the PSO regulars to do some runs.

I've probably mentioned this before in the years, but why doesn't Sega just make those mateirals available in the NPC stores? I mean if 10* Metals were 50K in NPC Stores you would stop the squatters hording all the NEEDED maerials to make the items we want. Then when said materials are in abundance we either save them or place them for lower than the NPC. Also this would funnel-out some of the meseta in curculation, when I buy from a Player-shop the meseta is just transfered not really "used" This way all those S-Rank boards in shops could actually be made... then grinded and the value of a Weapon / Armor would be in the board not the materials to make it... this way MAYBE people would stop spamming White Beast and start doing runs for the items they want.

I have another suggestion in this regard, why aren't there more "fixed" drops, if I want Petanite... let there be a Guarnateed Petanite in a specific boss drop on a specific Difficulty. Kinda like how that Diad is in White Beast S ( even though it's not 100% ) That way we can play said mission to farm the needed materials for that item... or offer A -> S Metal Conversion Boards ( As a Boss Box Drop, not sold in NPC stores ) because when I get that Terinate I'm really pissed off, I just did this run with low - moderate drops just for the materials and they DIDN'T DROP! I like how certain Gemstones have definite fixed drops, even though Innocent Girl is a bit random, I like getting those 3 Olpad / Copernia / Morbinia, when it's Rubinad or Arminia I'm a bit irked, but Gemstones in general drop frequently in that mission. There need to be more like it and as a multiplayer mission.Why dont you ask sega to press the buttons for you then.... seriously stop moaning and go and do some runs its the same for everyone either go and buy the material or go and find it.

Allison_W
Oct 20, 2009, 03:43 AM
Why dont you ask sega to press the buttons for you then.... seriously stop moaning and go and do some runs its the same for everyone either go and buy the material or go and find it.

Not that this absolves resellers of douchebaggery or anything. And I'm going to guess you didn't read far enough into the thread to see the part where he retaliated against resellers simply by putting up information in his shop on where a given material could be found (read: encouraging the behaviour you are now, only in a useful fashion) and actually succeeded in taking the wind out of the artificially inflated reseller prices for them.

rayner
Oct 20, 2009, 05:47 AM
Why dont you ask sega to press the buttons for you then.... seriously stop moaning and go and do some runs its the same for everyone either go and buy the material or go and find it.

How are we then supposed to trade in this game? If I put a message on my store stating that I'm trading Catilium for Petanite what am I supposed to do? Wait in my room until someone comes knocking? If any of them check the prices they will see that Catilium sells for 15K less. I can farm Catilium in BLS2 T-shaped starting map to the right, 3 chances in 5 minutes. You can get 3- 4 in 15 mins and definitely more than 10 per hour.

I understand the "mis-pricing" scenario but I'm not sure if some people understand what I'm actually talking about. When I sell Materials to "trade" for others I need I will always put my price @ 3rd from the bottom. WHY? Well first is the squatter that lists 1 of the item at the cheap price to lure the "conditional search" user to the WRONG going price. Scammers are also lurking around the bottom-price to dupe you and change the price while you are at the counter ( not sure if SEGA fixed that, I don't trust it ) So third from the top of my scenario the other day was something like this:

Somewhere around 1/2 way down the list

Squatter 100K

I had thought that 75K was going price, you need an abundance of Polymers to make S-Rank Armors, I felt safe that someone would NEED those to make an Item from a board. Squatter comes in buys all 29 and even if it were 1 or 2 of other people they bought at least 50. Put it in their store for 100K

Today as I write this:

100K Squatter... it's about 1/2 down the list. This person is still doing it, I mean it's not hard to get this stuff, even with 1* luck you can skip all of the Trees and such in B1 and just rush to B2 in Innocent Girl A and get 2 per run on average, this mission should also bring down the price of S Grinders... I just make my own now.

Now if they just put the dam Nanopolymer in an NPC store @ 50K you can either rush to B2 get your 2 Nanopolymers or take 50K of meseta from mission rewards / drops and remove it from circulation. What will happen is that the initial influx of people would buy all the boards that require Nanopolymer and actually make armor, which will lower the price of the armors overall. The boards will increase to a price that would be worth hunting it again ( unless it was a common event-drop like Stormline )

The rich people don't want this... their precious items won't be worth billions... but shit, I just want people to play with, and a game where there isn't a mass exodus because White Beast is the only place worth the time to farm.

Volcompat321
Oct 20, 2009, 06:04 AM
How are we then supposed to trade in this game?

Are you not on a forum that has a dedicated section to Xbox 360, and Pc/Ps2 trading?
You can also use this part to buy things from players, even if it is catilium.
Picture for proof.
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/Volcompat321/59afef7d.png

rayner
Oct 20, 2009, 07:01 AM
Are you not on a forum that has a dedicated section to Xbox 360, and Pc/Ps2 trading?
You can also use this part to buy things from players, even if it is catilium.
Picture for proof.
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/Volcompat321/59afef7d.png

Let's see how long this takes:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2376291#post2376291

Volcompat321
Oct 20, 2009, 07:42 AM
Good luck.
You know what also works?
Being known in the game, which I know can be harder on the 360 for the amount of people there are.
Reputation goes a long way, if you're known as a nice guy, people might be more likely to help you out.
If you're someone not many people like, they might be resistant to help you.
Good luck either way.

rayner
Oct 20, 2009, 08:18 AM
Good luck.
You know what also works?
Being known in the game, which I know can be harder on the 360 for the amount of people there are.
Reputation goes a long way, if you're known as a nice guy, people might be more likely to help you out.
If you're someone not many people like, they might be resistant to help you.
Good luck either way.

That is very true, if it weren't for a cool honest and informative YTown Nate Dogg I would have looked at the Mission drop data from PSUpedia / PSO World for Innocent Girl A and been like bah! Here's a small excavation Report for anyone out there: 4 runs, 2* luck breaking almost all boxes / trees ( you'll be surprised at some of the prices of these things )

Zon-Photon x 2 @ 1,500 = 3,000
Megi-Photon x 3 @ 5,000 = 15,000
Agito Edge x 1 @ 1,250,000
Vulcaline x 15 @ 3,000 = 45,000
Merculine x 2 @ 3,000 = 6,000
Neptuline x 2 @ 6,000 = 12,000
Nanopolymer x 9 @ 75K = 675,000
Maotoob Truffle x 2 @ 2,500 = 5,000
Mad Truffle x 5 @ 2,500 = 12,500
Rotten Truffle x 1 @ 2,500
Balji Truffle x 1 @ 2,500
Omega Acid x 3 @ 20,000 = 60,000
Grinder Base S x 2 @ 70,000 = 140,000
Copernia x 3 @ 35,000 = 105,000
Goldania x 3 @ 150,000 = 450,000
Olpad x 9 @ 35,000 = 315,000
Par Ebon x 28 @ 2,000 = 56,000
Kubara Wood x 2 @ 7,500 = 15,000
Par Walna x 19 @ 10,000 = 190,000
Tear of Light x 3 @ 50,000 = 150,000

Bronze W. Badge x 15
Silver W Badge x 25
This is 11 Gold W. Badges and 11 tries for the Lottery.

I also got a Shigga Pakuda board that sells for about 2 million and I got 325,803 from drops and selling crap materials Rubinads, Kerseline, Vestaline, Junaline, Nanoresins ect...

I just made 3,832,803 mesets this past hour on materials. Any noobs out there wanting a good mission for all around good materials do this mission. Convert those Copernia / Olpad into Grinder Base S... get some boards and if your lucky you can get an S+10 that sells for 1,250,000 in this run alone I got 8 Grinder Base S. Pick up all but Poison Truffles, they trade in for the Room Decoration Bio Panic that's pretty cool. Now off to find some boards :-)

Delete
Oct 20, 2009, 09:31 AM
^I didn't know Agito Edges dropped there, I may start running there just because I need like 7 more edges :D

rayner
Oct 20, 2009, 09:48 AM
^I didn't know Agito Edges dropped there, I may start running there just because I need like 7 more edges :D

Yeah and the boards can drop as well. The only real problem is that it's a solo only mission and can get boring after awhile.

Delete
Oct 20, 2009, 09:54 AM
Yeah and the boards can drop as well. The only real problem is that it's a solo only mission and can get boring after awhile.

You Mean Agito Repcas ? :o

Actually just found out on PSU Pedia, I guess I'll be running there for a little bit :)
Thanks for the heads up.

Allison_W
Oct 20, 2009, 02:57 PM
The XP is also pretty good and the MP isn't too hideous.

NDW
Oct 20, 2009, 05:52 PM
That is very true, if it weren't for a cool honest and informative YTown Nate Dogg I would have looked at the Mission drop data from PSUpedia / PSO World for Innocent Girl A and been like bah!

You're welcome. :)

Yuicihi
Oct 21, 2009, 06:28 AM
Half the time, it's simply cheaper for me to just outright buy the damn weapon.