PDA

View Full Version : New Gurhalian Cup???

Red Talon
Oct 20, 2009, 04:12 PM
here is was Edward @ sega posted in the middle of a thread today...

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to come in here to confirm the JP site's announcement; obviously you already knew this but I prefer to let people know here, as well. If you want to (continue to) use this thread to complain that's fine, but please don't troll each other over it.

I'll have some more news for you all soon.

Also, although I realize that it isn't an update, if anyone is interested we are in the middle of planning the next Gurhalian Cup. We have some nice updates to the tourney that I think will make it more fun and definitely more interesting

Ecchi
Oct 20, 2009, 05:51 PM
Anything new is fine.........Be new Cup new updates new anything D:

Arika
Oct 28, 2009, 11:55 AM
JP never have Gurhalian Cup before, so I doubt it.

(not to mention I don't have team now when all take their break to different path <_<; )

note: where in the JP site he mentioned? I don't see anything news there. he meant 360 site right?

Tianna
Oct 28, 2009, 12:31 PM
We had the Great Gurhalian Cup on the pc/ps2 side for sure a while back (I cannot speak for the 360 side) and Edward stated that they were working on the next one. I can't remember which thread it was in but I do remember reading it on the official forums. It wasn't mentioned on the JP site though.

Dragwind
Oct 28, 2009, 04:42 PM
Gurhalian Cup again ay? I'm interested.

Ethateral
Oct 28, 2009, 07:46 PM
We had the Great Gurhalian Cup on the pc/ps2 side for sure a while back (I cannot speak for the 360 side) and Edward stated that they were working on the next one. I can't remember which thread it was in but I do remember reading it on the official forums. It wasn't mentioned on the JP site though.
Yeah, it was also on the 360. They both had different brackets. I was one of the running teams last year. I read in one of the threads that they might bring it back again this year. They're thinking about it, nothing more though.

necman
Oct 28, 2009, 08:43 PM
What do you do in this cup?

Ryna
Oct 28, 2009, 08:52 PM
What do you do in this cup?

It is a team-based time-attack tournament. After the team leaders register their teams, the GMs setup a tournament bracket. Each round is held at a designated stage. A team wins if they run a stage faster than the opposing team. I believe the winners from last year's contest received a gold medal room decoration.

Ruru
Oct 28, 2009, 11:15 PM
here is was Edward @ sega posted in the middle of a thread today...

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to come in here to confirm the JP site's announcement; obviously you already knew this but I prefer to let people know here, as well. If you want to (continue to) use this thread to complain that's fine, but please don't troll each other over it.

I'll have some more news for you all soon.

Also, although I realize that it isn't an update, if anyone is interested we are in the middle of planning the next Gurhalian Cup. We have some nice updates to the tourney that I think will make it more fun and definitely more interesting

to arika.

the part in bold isn't about the JP site in the previous paragraph. he was first responding to what was being said in the topic on the official forums. then in the second paragraph he was just giving a heads up about the cup.

i can't remember which thread it was now or what the actual topic was about though.