PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding RARE missions

DPShiro
Oct 20, 2009, 06:42 PM
Has anyone here saved up more than 2 rare missions at once, on different characters?

I've been trying to get a rare mission saved for each of my own characters. The first day i got 2 of them, but the 3 character is having some problems as i'm on my 4th day of running missions and still no rare flag.

Just wondering if there's a bug or something that won't let you save more than 2 rare missions at once.
(it probably isn't and i'm just having the worst luck, but it would be nice to confirm anyway)

Oh and before you ask, yes all missions i do are over 5 min.

NDW
Oct 20, 2009, 07:17 PM
I've had a rare free mission saved on three characters recently, so that rules that out. You're just having bad luck my friend. :(

Anduril
Oct 20, 2009, 07:21 PM
I haven't had a rare mission in weeks on any character. Like most things in this game, it's all about real life luck.

DPShiro
Oct 20, 2009, 07:24 PM
I've had a rare free mission saved on three characters recently, so that rules that out. You're just having bad luck my friend. :(

Yeah i figured as much :(
This is driving me crazy, but i won't give up!

When i have them on all characters, maybe i'll start on my wife's account too :D

GIB SN NAO!!

Freeze
Oct 20, 2009, 07:26 PM
I had three rare missions one right after another once, that was a good day but most of the time I never see them. It sounds like your just having a run of bad luck my friend.

Allison_W
Oct 20, 2009, 07:55 PM
I don't know why you're trying to save up rare missions, but whatever. Is there a minimum time requirement before a mission has a chance of granting a rare flag?

NDW
Oct 20, 2009, 07:59 PM
When i have them on all characters, maybe i'll start on my wife's account too :D

That would be so nice of you!

[spoiler-box]Unless you steal a Spread Needle if it drops from one of her rare free missions without her knowing. :o[/spoiler-box]

I don't know why you're trying to save up rare missions, but whatever. Is there a minimum time requirement before a mission has a chance of granting a rare flag?

Just in case if Holy Hallucination is coming soon.

Yes, you have to have at least 5 minutes on the mission's clear time to have a chance of getting a rare free mission. The more time spent in a mission gives more of a chance to get a rare free mission. The most time you can have on a mission's clear time for a maximum chance would be 30 minutes.

Max B
Oct 20, 2009, 08:15 PM
Yes, you have to have at least 5 minutes on the mission's clear time to have a chance of getting a rare free mission. The more time spent in a mission gives more of a chance to get a rare free mission. The most time you can have on a mission's clear time for a maximum chance would be 30 minutes.

Do you have any facts to back up this claim?:-?
Because this seems like a load imo

FOnewearl-Lina
Oct 20, 2009, 08:16 PM
Anything under 5 mins and you supposedly won't get a rare flag.
Apparently anything over the 4th minute into play counts as the 5th min as I've gotten rare missions from WB with 4 min clears but not 3 min clears.
You save them up so that when new rare missions or S2 difficulties come out, you can play them straight away!

Old ST news from way back; They said likelihood of rare mission increases with clear time, under 5 mins and you won't get it.
You'd have to do some digging to find it though.

Volcompat321
Oct 20, 2009, 08:22 PM

Yea, it's true.
Anything under 5 minutes wont spawn a rare flag, and anything over 30 minutes wont help towards a rare flag.
Basically, you want to get in a mission that takes at least 5 minutes, and no more than 30 minutes if you plan on getting the flag.

Max B
Oct 20, 2009, 09:09 PM
Yea, it's true.
Anything under 5 minutes wont spawn a rare flag, and anything over 30 minutes wont help towards a rare flag.
Basically, you want to get in a mission that takes at least 5 minutes, and no more than 30 minutes if you plan on getting the flag.

Untill I see some facts then i will not belive this.

Powder Keg
Oct 20, 2009, 09:12 PM

From my experience he may be correct. I used to find rare missions all the time running System Defense C, and not too long ago I could never find one (just trying to level my PM's B Stat). I only did find it once when I took a quick break and my mission time was at 5 minutes.

Delete
Oct 20, 2009, 09:13 PM
I haven't gotten a rare map in like 3 weeks. :( Of course I don't play that much, but still...I used to get these things like candy.

Volcompat321
Oct 20, 2009, 09:19 PM

If 8 people are telling you this is true, why are you not believing them?
Go find the info yourself, in the meantime, I'll try to find it for you.

NDW
Oct 20, 2009, 09:22 PM

"In addition, the longer the time elapsed clear mission is to increase the rate of occurrence. However, after 30 minutes did not increase the rate of occurrence, less than five minutes will not appear."

Source original: http://xbox360.phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=208
Source translated: http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fxbox360.phantasystarunive rse.jp%2Fnews%2Fwis%2F%3Fmode%3Dview%26id%3D208&sl=ja&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

FOnewearl-Lina
Oct 20, 2009, 09:31 PM
Design changes had not been [announced] :o

If 8 people are telling you this is true, why are you not believing them?
Go find the info yourself, in the meantime, I'll try to find it for you.
Must be some sort of conspiracy to throw him off getting rare mission, 8 ppl and rising.

Volcompat321
Oct 20, 2009, 09:36 PM
Must be :/
Nate, where did you find that?
I been looking for the last half hour. lol.

Red Talon
Oct 20, 2009, 09:58 PM
Here you go max b heres the proof.... in the begining during the first moatoob gbr there were teams of high levels doing the first mission in under 2 mins. and flagging the rare mission 5-10 times an hour the prices of everything went crazy even the red/force was down to 10 mill for a couple days back then. there was a time when you could all disband and each person hit the counter giving you 6 chances to get the rare mission each time... so sega came up with these changes in June 2008..

The method of finding rare free missions has been modified as follows:

* There is no need to disband after completing a mission, as only the current party leader will see a rare mission.
* The more party members you have, the higher your chances of finding a rare mission.
* Your chances of finding a rare mission also increase depending on the amount of time spent in a mission. However, spending more than thirty minutes in a mission will not increase your chances above the maximum probability. Also, if less than five minutes are spent in a single mission, there is no chance of a rare mission appearing.
* If players join mid-mission, in order for their play time to go toward increasing the chances of finding a rare mission, they must have been in the mission for at least 80% of the total time spent.

http://psupedia.info/Updates/June_2008

Delete
Oct 20, 2009, 10:10 PM
^ I was looking all through Psu Pedia and I could not find that. You'd think when you type "Rare Free Mission" in the search bar, it would bring up everything about Rare Missions but I guess that doesn't make sense lol.

NDW
Oct 20, 2009, 10:15 PM
Must be :/
Nate, where did you find that?
I been looking for the last half hour. lol.

I found it here (http://psupedia.info/Talk:Rare_free_missions).

Also, good job Red Talon.

DPShiro
Oct 21, 2009, 06:15 AM
That would be so nice of you!

[spoiler-box]Unless you steal a Spread Needle if it drops from one of her rare free missions without her knowing. :o[/spoiler-box]

Just in case if Holy Hallucination is coming soon.

I wouldn't have to steal it, she hates shotguns so she'll gladly give it to me :)
Since i buy her all the stuff she wants, i guess it's just fair :D

If i can get all of them before the release of HH, that would be at least give me 8 chances the same day. And we all know how rares seem to drop more the first days ;)

edit: Although she would most likely demand dinner and sex in exchange

Volcompat321
Oct 21, 2009, 06:34 AM
That's a price I bet you're willing to pay. :wink:

rayner
Oct 21, 2009, 06:48 AM
I have a quick question, can playing a story mission trigger a Rare Mission? I've been spamming Innocent Girl all weekend and I've not gotten a Rare Mission since.

Volcompat321
Oct 21, 2009, 07:01 AM
Not anymore.
You used to be able to get them in story missions, but they took it out for some reason.
Does Innocent Girl count as a story? :o

rayner
Oct 21, 2009, 07:05 AM
Not anymore.
You used to be able to get them in story missions, but they took it out for some reason.
Does Innocent Girl count as a story? :o

From my experience this weekend I must have done at least 60 runs @ about 15 mins each and no Rare mission.

Volcompat321
Oct 21, 2009, 08:00 AM
Sorry about your luck.
I happened to get one last time I played, which was about a day ago.
The time before that, was about 4-5 days ago.
I used to get the rare all the time (back when it was when the party leader got them).
I mean...up to 10 a day(though I was doing missions nonstop for like 7 hours...). Running WB back when Sieno was a low level, and I was always with some great friends.
Though nowadays, I get the rare flag once to twice a week.
EDIT: Oh yay, 3,800!

rayner
Oct 21, 2009, 08:29 AM
Sorry about your luck.

No, what I mean is that I've done about 60 Runs of Innocent Girl A ( Side Story ) and I haven't seen the Rare mission pop-up. So either you can't get it doing Story Missions or I am just unlucky. I did do some TD S2 & SB S2 to break up my solo-sessions, but that may have been 10 runs total.

NiceOnes
Oct 21, 2009, 10:12 AM
I've ran innocent girl a bunch too Kyle and I've never had the flag pop up. I'm thinking it is considered a story mission. They called it a "Side-Story Mission" when it first came out too so...

What did you manage to pick up in your 60 runs?

rayner
Oct 21, 2009, 10:42 AM
I've ran innocent girl a bunch too Kyle and I've never had the flag pop up. I'm thinking it is considered a story mission. They called it a "Side-Story Mission" when it first came out too so...

What did you manage to pick up in your 60 runs?

Total from memory

3x [b] Shigga Pakuda
3x [b] Battlestopper
2x [b] Gur Baurga? ( 12* Grenade Launcher )
5x Agito Edges

~ 120 Nanopolymers
~ 360 Par Walna
~ 150 Copernia / Olpads
~ 15 Goldania
~ 10 Morbinia

Random other Gemstones, this mission is where they seem to drop the most, at least from my experience. When you get those doors open you get Copernia / Olpad / Armania / Rubinad / Morbinia. The Goldania's drop frequently in all 3 areas.

Enough Badges to make about 125 Gold Badges, from what I've sold off from materials, meseta drops / mission rewards and such I made about 20 million meseta. I failed 1 of the 12* Grenade Launcher boards and made the rest of the boards. Sold 1 Shigga Pikuda for 2.5 million, kept the other two.

No [b] Agito Repca board yet...

NDW
Oct 21, 2009, 11:18 AM
I wouldn't have to steal it, she hates shotguns so she'll gladly give it to me :)
Since i buy her all the stuff she wants, i guess it's just fair :D

Yeah, that's fair enough. ^^

I have a quick question, can playing a story mission trigger a Rare Mission? I've been spamming Innocent Girl all weekend and I've not gotten a Rare Mission since.

Quoting PSUPedia's Updates/June 2008 article (http://psupedia.info/Updates/June_2008):
"Rare free missions will no longer have a chance of appearing after completing a story mission (http://psupedia.info/Story_missions)."

Innocent Girl is listed as a side story and a part of story missions.

I'm not entirely sure, because I've never hunted a rare free mission from a story mission when you could, but I think it's because one of the story missions ('Illuminus Ambition 1'; skip to trial) takes literally about 10 seconds to complete. Running that story mission would make hunting rare free missions too easy.