PDA

View Full Version : Finally luck confirmed to boost boss box

WHlTEKNIGHT
Oct 27, 2009, 12:49 PM
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=302142&page=26

Incidentally:

I can confirm that both player luck & GBR boost percentages affect boss drops.

Anyone still want to disagree with this? Its not been confirmed(or denied) for far to long. :)

Chuck_Norris
Oct 27, 2009, 12:52 PM
Oh my god. What's with the avatars on the official site? Those guys put some scary shit up.

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 27, 2009, 01:10 PM
Woot! Good to hear. Finally.

Mysterious-G
Oct 27, 2009, 01:14 PM
Incidentally:

I can confirm that both player luck & GBR boost percentages affect boss drops once we got that certain JP update.

Huh..

WHlTEKNIGHT
Oct 27, 2009, 01:33 PM
Huh..

omg your super

Dragwind
Oct 27, 2009, 02:16 PM
I really find this hard to believe, but ok. I can't wait to see some people test this again, because I swear it wasn't true before. :roll:

Volcompat321
Oct 27, 2009, 02:24 PM
I really find this hard to believe, but ok. I can't wait to see some people test this again, because I swear it wasn't true before. :roll:

Nothing works when you try it, ever.

Dragwind
Oct 27, 2009, 02:29 PM
It just doesn't make sense to me considering past boss box patterns. I'm hoping it's true though, it'll be another reason to motivate me to hunt stuff when I get luck.

Volcompat321
Oct 27, 2009, 02:33 PM
Yea, I never thought anything of it.
Though I don't have any RL luck, and I think that effects it more than a shiny ball of shine.

Luck did bring about 200 Par Walna within 3 days split between me and 2 others.
Did nothing for the elusive Armas though.

Powder Keg
Oct 27, 2009, 02:35 PM
I was somewhat shocked when I read that myself. Well, if it does affect it, it's nowhere near the level it affects regular drops.

Shou
Oct 27, 2009, 02:48 PM
It is probably another booboo like when he said that JP did not have moatoob relics with their moatoob GBR. :roll:

Edit: MY NEW SIGGY!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

beatrixkiddo
Oct 27, 2009, 04:43 PM
Edward is never wrong guys :shy:

Keilyn
Oct 27, 2009, 05:19 PM
I don't believe Edwards. I am not calling him a liar...but I am questioning the integrity of the information. Software programs are logical programs....meaning one can trace with accuracy if something is or isn't through the code.

I'm sorry but people say "Its been confirmed" but there is actually no real proof outside the statement of a person who doesn't have direct access to the game's internal code....

You want a real test?

Do 20 Runs in S2 with 6 people on a map......with Luck 0 and document all drops.
Do 20 Runs in S2 with 6 people on a map.......with Luck 3 and document all drops.

Finally....Increase a GBR rate to 300 - 500% and repeat the same test.

If the list is similar then the answer is a NO....
If the list is vastly different, then the answer is a YES.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Oct 27, 2009, 05:23 PM
of course its different lol seriously....................

Volcompat321
Oct 27, 2009, 05:28 PM
I don't believe Edwards. I am not calling him a liar...but I am questioning the integrity of the information. Software programs are logical programs....meaning one can trace with accuracy if something is or isn't through the code.

I'm sorry but people say "Its been confirmed" but there is actually no real proof outside the statement of a person who doesn't have direct access to the game's internal code....

You want a real test?

Do 20 Runs in S2 with 6 people on a map......with Luck 0 and document all drops.
Do 20 Runs in S2 with 6 people on a map.......with Luck 3 and document all drops.

Finally....Increase a GBR rate to 300 - 500% and repeat the same test.

If the list is similar then the answer is a NO....
If the list is vastly different, then the answer is a YES.

I'll do this when it comes out.
I keep logs of everything in the game and I'll just do it with friends so everything is picked up.

of course its different lol seriously....................

She said VASTLY different.
Meaning, if 2 diad drop from the Edwards theory 3* luck, and then with 0 luck none drop all 20 times...or something along those lines.

Mysterious-G
Oct 27, 2009, 05:29 PM
You would think that official information would shut people up.
Not because the information is right or anything, but simply because it is.. official.

As official as we will ever get it.

Volcompat321
Oct 27, 2009, 05:36 PM
Well, it may come from an official, but it may not be official.
I'm not attempting to say that to prove or disprove what he said.
Here's my quote from the official forums.-

Whether or not lady luck maidens shine works on drops or not, it's still a matter of just...luck.
RL luck helps 100% more than any shiny stuff by your character name.
I've found, and can prove some; I've gotten more "rare" things (weps, armor, whatever) by having 0-1 luck.
But maybe that's my RL luck.

Mysterious-G
Oct 27, 2009, 05:39 PM
Comparing luck that is determined by a game's coding and your real life luck that is simply a accumulation of coincidences might not be the right thing to do here.

Just saying.

Volcompat321
Oct 27, 2009, 05:49 PM
How is that any difference in believing Edward saying that in-game luck effects drops?
He is less likely lying, but could definitely be. (No, I'm not calling him a liar).
I'm sure there is coding, but it's not very nice.
It's luck, period.

Mysterious-G
Oct 27, 2009, 05:56 PM
That said coding affects the drop rates, even if only a little bit.
Now of course you need some rl luck - aka another coincidence - to find something.
But that simply does not change the fact that the coding helps in doing so.
And that has nothing to do with rl luck, because it always does.

Luck is, you could say, the totally wrong word for this little piece of coding.

Allison_W
Oct 27, 2009, 06:01 PM
I seriously doubt he's lying; it's far more likely that he's merely misinformed.

Or he might be right; who knows.

Volcompat321
Oct 27, 2009, 06:02 PM
I guess you could.
What I was arguing was Whiteknight said "of course it's different", when yea, of course it is.
Keilyin was disputing on how much it changes it.

It's obviously not that much, seeing how hundreds, maybe thousands of people over the course of PSU never noticed it. (so it cant equal to much).

Mysterious-G
Oct 27, 2009, 06:13 PM
So you are saying that Edward's statement might be false just because you cannot actually observe whether the additional drop boost has any big effect on the actual drop rates or not? That does not seem right to me.

Volcompat321
Oct 27, 2009, 06:18 PM
No, what I'm saying is, we were arguing two different points.
Probably by my mistake.

Mysterious-G
Oct 27, 2009, 06:22 PM
That is fine, I just do not like how people call Edward a liar just because they have another subjective view of the drop boost. Edward's information is as objective as it can get.

Let's not forget Darwin's theory of evolution cannot be proven, either. Yet, we still see it as the likely truth and will continue on doing so until somebody proves his theory to be wrong.

Volcompat321
Oct 27, 2009, 06:27 PM
Well, no matter what I was arguing, I clearly stated I wasn't calling Edward a liar.
I would never do such a thing.

How is that any difference in believing Edward saying that in-game luck effects drops?
He is less likely lying, but could definitely be. (No, I'm not calling him a liar).
I'm sure there is coding, but it's not very nice.
It's luck, period.

Neith
Oct 27, 2009, 06:35 PM
If it does change it, it's a new addition. I refuse to believe it ever affected them in previous GBRs, because I never see a difference in the quantity or quality of drops (and I've played since the very first GBR).

You get just as much awful stuff regardless of whether it's a GBR or not, and I fully expect the same to happen this time, so I really don't believe this- even if Edward was the one who said it.

:>

FUDGEHOY
Oct 27, 2009, 07:41 PM
I've seen better drops consistantly with GBR drop rate increase. I've also noticed better drops when having better photon fortune. Both officially increase drops, any further denial is just people who are spinning their wheels.

HyperShot-X-
Oct 27, 2009, 09:27 PM
To clarify, I don't think anyone would argue whether normal mission area drop(excluding boss area end boxes) is getting affected or not.

Officially it's supposed to affect drop rate for boss area end boxes as well as any other area in a mission, but maybe there could be some coding errors in the game so that only boss boxes would not take full advantage of the boosted luck. There's no way to disprove that official statement, so judge from your own past experiences.

Powder Keg
Oct 27, 2009, 10:20 PM
Doing only six runs of something with different luck isn't going to figure out shit.

RadiantLegend
Oct 27, 2009, 10:42 PM
I've always knew it did personally.

Keilyn
Oct 28, 2009, 12:32 AM
I believe in Logic and Common Sense.

I don't give a shit if luck affects the drops or not because it a statement that has no LOGICAL GROUND whatsoever...and suppose it was proven true...It would become a FACT that is very weak...

This is why the one question that a gamer cares about is not if "Luck" increases and improves the drops...but by how much and what is the variance..

This is what players care about and wish to know to determine the number of runs it takes to actually get an average drop to fall......

...and if this is the best one can do provided that its "OFFICIAL INFORMATION", then I might as well believe a priest who tells me he talks to god and has sex with god on a daily basis as well, rather than questioning it right?

I prefer to be logical and have reason when discussing software programming. It is either true or false...not in between..I prefer the variance always. ^_^

~Keilyn

Powder Keg
Oct 28, 2009, 12:50 AM
Unless we see game data or get word from someone who has, we can't determine anything. If luck does affect boss drops, the rate increase could be incredibly small, such as changing from 1/300 with 0* to 1/280 with 3*. We'll never know, and doing several runs isn't going to help you determine it. You could potentially find it twice in a row with 0* and none with 3*. One could easily argue that it doesn't affect it with that example, or vice-versa.

Keilyn
Oct 28, 2009, 01:04 AM
Thank you Artea ^_^

Ithildin
Oct 28, 2009, 12:13 PM
I really don't understand what the problem is here. What proof do you people need and more importantly why? Can't you just take Ed's word in this?

FUDGEHOY
Oct 28, 2009, 12:49 PM
Some people just need something to argue about. Photon Fortune and GBR% increase boss box drops. Anyone arguing against this is just too stubborn to admit that they have been mistakened about something for 3 years.

RemiusTA
Oct 28, 2009, 01:26 PM
he said it boosts the rates, but that could mean anything. So the rates of that rare you're hunting goes from 0.033% to 0.035, big deal. If it wasn't noticable before, it isnt bound to change unless they changed something.

Shou
Oct 28, 2009, 03:45 PM
I really don't understand what the problem is here. What proof do you people need and more importantly why? Can't you just take Ed's word in this?
Because he said "My understanding" meaning he doesn't really know 100%, and because he lost some brownie points when he stated that JP did not have the Moatoob relics mission with their Moatoob GBR when they did.

Please don't tell me you believe what he said because he is Edward...

Keilyn
Oct 28, 2009, 04:56 PM
I will explain why.

Months ago I played with friends and within that circle...I became the leader of a group. It wasn't through "Self Appointment." It was that one of us rose in the group to become its leader and thus was accepted as one.

Over time, I've helped players in the group become leaders themselves. Each player in the group itself takes on a leadership role in their own group at times. It means I don't have a group of followers...I have a group of leaders.

They trust me a lot with information and I don't want to contaminate my group and six to seven groups by returning to them and sharing unverified information that will make it to their own groups. The pressure is on me (and them) to bring information that has some accuracy to it.

Edwards is a nice person and when I met him I was surprised...Its nothing against him. If I don't question information like this...I become part of the problem of misinformation and rumors that spread throughout the game...

Also, if this information was true....then it still doesn't matter because the only way I could use it is if I were to find out by how much luck actually improves the chances of an endbox drop.

So its nothing personal. Im doing what I can for my friends and their group by being the analytical and critical person who questions everything and anything.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Oct 28, 2009, 07:09 PM
Because he said "My understanding" meaning he doesn't really know 100%, and because he lost some brownie points when he stated that JP did not have the Moatoob relics mission with their Moatoob GBR when they did.

He did not say my understanding at all, he said:
Originally Posted by Edward@Sega
Incidentally:

:roll:

Keilyn
Oct 28, 2009, 08:41 PM
First rule of investigation and logical thinking is to never judge upon any statement opening with a potential as true or false.

"I can confirm" is different than "I have confirmed and here is my evidence"

Ecchi
Oct 28, 2009, 09:06 PM
To take someones word for something isnt alwayz a grand idea....As ppl do tend to be mislead or lied too. Not saying any of these things have happened involving this whole luck thing.

But it seems like none of us will know whether it is true or not......

But in my experience with 3* and a hefty boost my odds of getting higher end drops from runs & bosses seem to be better.

Either way this seems like a person to person bases....Cuz in the end it really does all depend on individual luck.

Shou
Oct 28, 2009, 11:15 PM
He did not say my understanding at all, he said:
Originally Posted by Edward@Sega
Incidentally:

:roll:
Then you did not read his more recent post on the topic.
http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5335532&postcount=294

You also must have missed my post on the official forums as well when I quoted him.
http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5335819&postcount=11

Ruru
Oct 28, 2009, 11:22 PM
it's kind of funny reading through all this to be honest.

my oppinion on the matter is. in game luck doesn't help (ME) in the slightest, as for the rest of you, who knows.

as for edward "confirming" that 3* luck helps with boss boxes, all i can say is, although i dont think edward is flat out lying to us, he has been wrong before.

he didn't post any proof aside from his word, and for most that might be enough, as for the rest of us... we'll wait until we can see some "REAL" proof

The_Brimada
Oct 29, 2009, 02:50 AM
Why does this even matter, seriously? If its supposedly been around the whole time then it still doesn't change a damn thing. We've already seen the drops from 3* max GBRs before. Now if it were recently "added" then it would be something to be excited about.

Ithildin
Oct 29, 2009, 11:15 AM

I'm more inclined to believe him than any of you lot.

Shou
Oct 29, 2009, 01:15 PM
This is off topic but I never know there was a little rivalry going on between the official forums and pso-world until I joined the official forums. lol

Sounds a bit one-sided to me.

Ithildin
Oct 29, 2009, 03:05 PM
This is off topic but I never know there was a little rivalry going on between the official forums and pso-world until I joined the official forums. lol

If there is any rivalry for my part its meant to be light hearted. I started off on psow, its a great website, there is none better for PSO imo. Now I have moved on to PSU and well the official forums really. I use both sites but have made my home over there. I only talk about psow badly in jest. To be honest some ppl take things far to seriously.

DreXxiN
Oct 29, 2009, 03:08 PM
Edward knows what he's talking about, guys. He was right about the Moatoob Relics not being in JP's GBR, so how could someone so informed possibly be wrong about this?

And don't you remember how promptly he gave us information of when hacked items from February would be returned?
In Edward we trust.

NiceOnes
Oct 29, 2009, 03:20 PM
I'm more inclined to believe him than any of you lot.

This.

Volcompat321
Oct 29, 2009, 03:21 PM
Yea, about those.
Where's mine? :o

Also, I started on PSO-W too, and love the place.
I cant go a day (unless I have to because it was down...) without talking to the people here.
Amazing group!
To be honest, I don't look anything up about PSO or PSU, so the items part has nothing to do with me.
It's 100% the people why I come here.

Keilyn
Oct 29, 2009, 03:29 PM
After analysis of his statement through the use of discreet mathematics, I am inclined to believe the statement is weak. The probability of this statement being true is 12.5%. A statement opening with a potential as a measure of claiming fact is the sign of being unsure about ones own information.

I am not claiming that Edward is a liar. I have verified the statement as being so weak that the man is unsure of the accuracy, otherwise there would have been more confidence behind it and delivery would have proven to have a truth potential higher than 1/8th

Mysterious-G
Oct 29, 2009, 03:33 PM
Can you show me exactly what you calculated, please?

Ithildin
Oct 29, 2009, 03:41 PM
After analysis of his statement through the use of discreet mathematics, I am inclined to believe the statement is weak. The probability of this statement being true is 12.5%. A statement opening with a potential as a measure of claiming fact is the sign of being unsure about ones own information.

I am not claiming that Edward is a liar. I have verified the statement as being so weak that the man is unsure of the accuracy, otherwise there would have been more confidence behind it and delivery would have proven to have a truth potential higher than 1/8th

Jeez you really have far too much time on your hands. There's a whole world out there. Go enjoy.

Frosty7645
Oct 29, 2009, 04:01 PM
Yea, about those.
Where's mine? :o

Also, I started on PSO-W too, and love the place.
I cant go a day (unless I have to because it was down...) without talking to the people here.
Amazing group!
To be honest, I don't look anything up about PSO or PSU, so the items part has nothing to do with me.
It's 100% the people why I come here.

love you to man lmao

DreXxiN
Oct 29, 2009, 04:19 PM
Jeez you really have far too much time on your hands. There's a whole world out there. Go enjoy.

Wait, why are we posting on forums again?

FUDGEHOY
Oct 29, 2009, 04:25 PM

I am not claiming that Edward is a liar. I have verified the statement as being so weak that the man is unsure of the accuracy, otherwise there would have been more confidence behind it and delivery would have proven to have a truth potential higher than 1/8thThis is clearly more reliable than a statement by a GM.:-?

Ithildin
Oct 29, 2009, 04:34 PM
Wait, why are we posting on forums again?

Exactly! *gets up and goes outside*

Powder Keg
Oct 29, 2009, 04:40 PM
I don't believe anyone.

Do I win?

Mysterious-G
Oct 29, 2009, 05:24 PM
I don't believe anyone.

Do I win?

I could say 'Yes!', but you would not believe me, lol.

DreXxiN
Oct 29, 2009, 05:29 PM
Exactly! *gets up and goes outside*

I'd go outside but I might get shot! :disapprove:

FUDGEHOY
Oct 29, 2009, 09:54 PM
Some people won't accept something no matter how much proof there is.

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 29, 2009, 10:25 PM
Of course it makes sense. It's hard finding Armas Line boards these days, but they dropped fairly often during Parum GBR.

DreXxiN
Oct 29, 2009, 10:35 PM
Of course it makes sense. It's hard finding Armas Line boards these days, but they dropped fairly often during Parum GBR.

No way, Armas Lines dropped more when the entire population was running what dropped Armas Lines!

Powder Keg
Oct 29, 2009, 10:42 PM
No way, Armas Lines dropped more when the entire population was running what dropped Armas Lines!

lol, I'm glad someone said this before I saw the quoted post.

Shou
Oct 30, 2009, 12:12 AM
:O I just want to see this proof I just heard about! :O

WHlTEKNIGHT
Oct 30, 2009, 02:12 AM
No way, Armas Lines dropped more when the entire population was running what dropped Armas Lines!No armas lines dropped a lot in the gbr because of the boost, I saw atleast 15 during the gbr and since the gbr I have run a lot more missions then I done then and only seen 6.

Arika
Oct 30, 2009, 02:34 AM
lol, this is a funny thread! :P

well, GBR also have another effect too: "It boost population!"

Ellipsis...
Oct 30, 2009, 02:39 AM
lol, this is a funny thread! :P

well, GBR also have another effect too: "It boost population!"

Maybe we'll see 1 full star + an empty one :D!

Ruru
Oct 30, 2009, 02:44 AM
Maybe we'll see 1 full star + an empty one :D!

here's hoping.

HyperShot-X-
Oct 30, 2009, 03:14 AM
I've only seen a few armas[b] drop out of many 300% full party runs during parum gbr, one came to me and i sold the [b] for 65mil and bought 24% dark armas made for 40mil or so at that time. It doesn't seem to have changed much since then either the drop rate or the current market going price(on 360 ofcourse).