PDA

View Full Version : AotI Would the Spread Needle be hard to obtain?

PKS
Oct 29, 2009, 08:52 AM
I've been trying to wonder how it would be since I heard about the Ruins rare mission and was unable to really figure it out.
I've also been trying to ask around and also search these forums with no luck...
Does anyone know (hopefully a JPN server player) if it would be like the Al-senba, Lumirus Line, and Rabol Lumirus?

That's how I've been looking at it while I've tried to logically put all the rare missions in perspective.
They all have a Red/Unit and then another unit like Cati/Power and such... they also do have the armor, but I don't see an armor listed for Ruins making me wonder if the Spread Needle would be taking the place of the armor meaning not "that" hard to obtain.

Update's tomorrow, I'm just anxious to know before I get disappointed in the 5 Rare runs I have waiting on this item, lol.

Allison_W
Oct 29, 2009, 08:55 AM
From what I hear it is really rare and one went on the JP servers for like a billion or something.

Which is to say you probably won't get it in the five runs you have saved up. You might get lucky... but don't get your hopes up.

FOnewearl-Lina
Oct 29, 2009, 09:09 AM
They're really really rare... everybody has one.

EspioKaos
Oct 29, 2009, 09:13 AM
I'll say this about it. Don't expect to see it drop very often at all. Phantom Ruins is just about the only rare mission I've been running for the past ten months (maybe take it down to nine months, since I did need time to level up enough to be able to do S runs), and I've seen a grand total of zero drop. Expect to see tons of Photon Claws and Orpa/Power Charges, though!

Arika
Oct 29, 2009, 09:20 AM
The drop rate is worse than red/unit. I think data on Festa #3 shows it to drop in 1/2 rate of red unit. (credit to Ceresa)

in xbox 360 you might be able to buy it with lots of meseta like what happen in JP (gold trade), but in PC/PS2 server.... I think you have to find it on your own, people here dislike to sell any good rare... no matter what price. (that is why I always try to do easy trade with friends that ask any stuffs that I don't need. sold good stuffs cheap to zizan and TELOS. I want the PSU market crisis flow a little more.)

Ceresa
Oct 29, 2009, 09:30 AM
Oh an error was pointed out and it was corrected a few posts later, it's more like the same drop rate as red...

FOnewearl-Lina
Oct 29, 2009, 09:31 AM
The drop rate is worse than red/unit. I think data on Festa #3 shows it to drop in 1/2 rate of red unit. (credit to Ceresa)
And S-T-H already corrected him, because Ceresa mistook Caves for Ruins and read the wrong numbers.
Needle is a bit rarer than Red Knight, but if you check the equipment of most GMs, alot of them have a Spread Needle.

Allison_W
Oct 29, 2009, 09:48 AM
I still need to get my Red units. >=|

Not that it'll matter until I have a rainbow set of S-rank armour to put them in.

Arika
Oct 29, 2009, 10:18 AM
Oh an error was pointed out and it was corrected a few posts later, it's more like the same drop rate as red...

oh alright then, so yeah to OP, it is around the same :P

May be it was so expensive at the first time it released just because people were huger for new top class shotgun!

Squirrel3D
Oct 29, 2009, 10:31 AM
But what if it does drop during the rare mission more often than not?

I don't know that is true though, but we'll have to find out tommorrow.

FOnewearl-Lina
Oct 29, 2009, 10:33 AM
The reason why Needle remains expensive compared to Red Knight even though they might have the same drop rate is because you only need 1 Red Knight...

Ellea
Oct 29, 2009, 12:52 PM
Twould be nice if it did have a decent drop rate...
I need a good shotty.

TwistedDragon
Oct 29, 2009, 01:11 PM
Twould be nice if it did have a decent drop rate...
I need a good shotty.

Well the spread needle only has 15 more attack than the G at 10/10, I'm also going assume we wont see many Spread Needles 10/10s. Anyway I hope the drop rate wont be to bad.

http://www.psupedia.info/Shotguns

Allison_W
Oct 29, 2009, 04:32 PM
The reason why Needle remains expensive compared to Red Knight even though they might have the same drop rate is because you only need 1 Red Knight...

If you're willing to throw it in your common box after every play session, I guess. :(

DreXxiN
Oct 29, 2009, 06:02 PM
You guys are going to be extremely depressed if you try to formulate that Spread Needle will have anything but an absurdly low drop rate.

But hey, don't take it from me. I've done hundreds of Caves runs with seeing no Red/Knight drop, so you're probably more fortunate.

Ruru
Oct 29, 2009, 06:13 PM
You guys are going to be extremely depressed if you try to formulate that Spread Needle will have anything but an absurdly low drop rate.

But hey, don't take it from me. I've done hundreds of Caves runs with seeing no Red/Knight drop, so you're probably more fortunate.

it's not just you.

i've done only phantom fissure runs since it was released and havent seen a single red / knight in however many runs i've done. same with all my friends. we even did 6 or so that we all had saved up in one day and got nothing lol.

Vickie
Oct 29, 2009, 06:31 PM
just play, forget that shitgun even drops and you will have one in your inventory one year.

btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kHJhAJqKGo&feature=related

lalalalalalalala, You know what she is

FOnewearl-Lina
Oct 29, 2009, 06:44 PM
If PSU even lasts that long...

Vickie
Oct 29, 2009, 06:45 PM
If PSU even lasts that long...

good point