PDA

View Full Version : SEGA is throwing a Official PSZ Party! YOU CAN GO! First time ever community event :)

Quintus_The_Force
Oct 29, 2009, 01:20 PM
http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/10/28/the-psz-community-day-event-is-finalized-check-here-for-all-the-details/

^CHECK THAT FOR ALL THE DETAILS^

(can someone quote Sega and post it here for me? Im not on PC)

Java378
Oct 29, 2009, 01:30 PM
Wednesday Oct 28, 2009
The PSZ Community Day event is finalized! Confirm your reservation here!

Hey there Phantasy Star fans,

The PSZ Community Day Event is almost here! As promised, we’ve now got full details including time, what to bring, and what you can expect from our first event where fans like yourselves get to visit SEGA! Please note that due to the overwhelming response last weekend, we have upped the reservation list from to thirty people. This means that there are still a few spots left!

Who: You! If you’re on the reservation list below, you can attend!

When: Wendesday, November 4th from 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM.

Where: SEGA of America, 350 Rhode Island Street, Suite 400, San Francisco. Come up to the 4th floor and check in with our receptionist!

What to bring: Your Nintendo DS or DSi !

Details: For the first time ever, SEGA is hosting a special event that is open to both press and our fanbase! Phantasy Star fans are to invited visit our office for a special three-hour multiplayer session with Phantasy Star Zero! Fans will need to bring their own DS or DSi - we’ll provide the rest, including snacks and drinks! Space is limited, so make sure you’re on the reserve list below. Those on this list need to post here or contact RubyEclipse on the SEGA forums to confirm their reservation.

The Reservation List:

1. Daniella- Confirmed!
2. Ron- Confirmed!
3. Pants - Confirmed!
4. Allan
5. Lando
6. Andrew Rico - Confirmed!
7. Anthony Carreon - Confirmed!
8. William - Confirmed!
9. Paul Tidd - Confirmed!
10. Paul’s Brother - Confirmed!
11. Travis
12. (Reserved) Travis’ Brother
13. Fiend
14. DeVeAn - Confirmed!
15. Ryan Cameron
16. Douglas
17. Nai_Calus - Confirmed!
18. Juan - Confirmed!
19. Mrpibb
20. Jonathan - Confirmed!
21. Indescribably - Confirmed!
22. Yellowaznboy
23. Reon
24. (Reserved) Reon’s Friend
25. Jonathan’s Friend - Confirmed!
26. Mario (DeVeAn’s friend) - Confirmed!
27. Skubator - Confirmed!
28. Gabe Ponce - Confirmed!
29. Peter - Confirmed!
30. Tami - Confirmed!

The Waiting List

1. Andrew’s Sister
2. Oscar

Niered
Oct 29, 2009, 01:40 PM
This is sort of old news, check the front page of PSOworld, they have a thing up there about it.

Akaimizu
Oct 29, 2009, 01:47 PM
It's still nice. It's kind of like a Willy Wonka thing. You get to visit the offices and all. The visit alone will be the coolest aspect of this party. I wouldn't mind meeting Sonic Team at the offices, myself. However, I'm exactly on the opposite side of the United States.

xSHiNOx
Oct 29, 2009, 02:08 PM
too bad its only in san francisco

Zantra
Oct 29, 2009, 05:57 PM
I got in!!! I'm Paul Tidd on the list. My Brother and I are going, and i'm taking my digital camera, so I will be sure to snap lots of pictures! :)
I'm so excited!!!

CAMPSO
Oct 29, 2009, 06:31 PM
I would go. But i dont feel like driving all the way to san francisco. Yeah im lazy

Zero Revenge
Oct 29, 2009, 06:59 PM
I got in!!! I'm Paul Tidd on the list. My Brother and I are going, and i'm taking my digital camera, so I will be sure to snap lots of pictures! :)
I'm so excited!!!

!!! That is freakin awesome. Be sure to upload them so we can all be jealous!

kirtblue
Oct 30, 2009, 01:43 AM
!!! That is freakin awesome. Be sure to upload them so we can all be jealous!

im already jealous

Quintus_The_Force
Oct 30, 2009, 02:49 AM
im already jealous

ME TOO :trout:

Zantra
Nov 1, 2009, 10:23 PM
Well, i'll try to make a thread here, after it happens. I think somebody else might be doing the same, so if they start a thread before me, i'll just add my photos. I'm so excited!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :)

kirtblue
Nov 2, 2009, 02:43 AM
Well, i'll try to make a thread here, after it happens. I think somebody else might be doing the same, so if they start a thread before me, i'll just add my photos. I'm so excited!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :)

thanx dude thats really kewl for people like myself way to far away/broke to even try and attend

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 2, 2009, 10:08 AM
Everything happens in San Francisco....

What no love for the East Coast? Bastards.

Zero Revenge
Nov 2, 2009, 10:27 AM
More like no love for New Jersey.

Despite the fact that we're the best stae ever.

Minus the most taxes in the Union.

....Dammit Corzine, you rat bastard of a governor.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 2, 2009, 10:34 AM
More like no love for New Jersey.

Despite the fact that we're the best stae ever.

Minus the most taxes in the Union.

....Dammit Corzine, you rat bastard of a governor.

Haha! Don't forget our Diners kick so much ass. I frequent a lil diner called the "Americana". Food is delicious. A bit pricey but well worth it. But yea Corzine just kills EVERYTHING. What made me laugh was that he said that Rosa Parks was his inspiration. What the hell? Why couldn't he have died in that car crash some years ago? What really made me wonder why he was governor was when the chief of the State Police threatened those two DJs and they're families. I think that dude still has his job. I hope people choose either Christie or that other dude. If Corzine gets back in my ass is leaving.

Zero Revenge
Nov 2, 2009, 10:42 AM
One Million Kudos points to you, my good sir.

Yes. I'm voting for Christie. Daggett's just as bad as Corzine is, so don't hope that he wins!

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 2, 2009, 10:44 AM
One Million Kudos points to you, my good sir.

Yes. I'm voting for Christie. Daggett's just as bad as Corzine is, so don't hope that he wins!

Same here. Intel says that Daggett is Corzine's bitch.

Krupp
Nov 2, 2009, 11:04 AM
I will be there as well! Hope to see some of you psu people there! :o.

Zantra
Nov 5, 2009, 02:18 AM
I'm working on the thread now...

MSAksion
Nov 5, 2009, 03:21 AM
WOOOT i posted some pics in your official thread but only 4. I'll post more tomorrow.

I met Zantra, Krupp, Hunewearl Meira as well as Ruby Eclipse, Clumsy Orchid, and Edward in person. All of you are cool and it was a blast.

TIMELINE. Correct me if i have errors.

5:00 we were ushered in and introduced. their office is clean, bright and many stuffed animals on their cubicles. Sorry we did not see any info on the upcoming SONIC THE MUMMY =P

5:10 The conference room is professional and their chairs are the vented executive swivel lean back chairs. 6 tables and 6 teams of 4. I was partnered with Zantra and his brother.

5:15 - the food is ready to eat ^_^ All this time they had Energy drinks, Sodas, and 6 trays of SUSHI. California rolls, EEL, Spicy Tuna, Cucumber, all kinds. I'm still full from all the Sushi and POCKY =D

5:20 We split into 6 teams of 4 and we all played Single player mode to level up. Then we were supposed to go into 4 player linked mode but XD we were having too much fun with single player. The other office crew taught us all about the neat PSO and PSU style things.

MAGS. MAG feeding 5 items every 2 mins or so. Photon Blasts. Timed Hits combos. Chain combos. Dodge Roll. Palette Equipping. PHOTON ARTS. Charge Attacks. Charged Photon arts O_o GUNS have Charge & Photon Arts =D

Note - i love the Grenade Cannon's PA. You somersault and upside down you blast everyone below you. How Pimp =D

Found out CLAW is really SABER. Everyone can use SABER so everyone can use single, twin, double sabers as well as CLAW/knuckle types.

7:00 - When the TIME ATTACK race occured we had to quickly get into a team and learn what each other had figured out. We went through the snowfield and had to race to the boss. The winning team won 4 rare japanese gashapoon figurines T___T http://www.videogamemm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=6023

8:00 hanging out until the conference with Sakai-san and Sonic Team Japan. Met Krupp and Hunewearl Meira and Hunewearl Meira's 2 week daughter awwww ^^

RE: Conference call via Video. Questions about PSzero mostly.

1) PSO battle system was chosen due to simplicity of DS system. PSP2 has PSU battle system.
2) PS will return to consoles if handheld sells well.
3) Handheld is perfect for RPG due to length of game and you can play in short bursts, save, or just close the lid and standby until you are ready to play again.
4) PSzero MIGHT be a prequel to the launching of the Pioneer 2. The planet might be earth =O hence no beasts yet. You gotta play the whole game to know.
5) PSzero MIGHT be linked to PSO and PSU story of ever living evil in deep space.

9:00 - the PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE questions and Trivia game. People won free Sega games like Armored Core 4, Shining Force EXE, and... a sealed copy of PSO Online Gamecube T__T BUT at least i won an inflatable GH-101 PETE ^_^ Its so cute.

I was like... "Whats this?" And Ruby takes back a lame PSU wrist band and gives me the inflatable Pete ^_^

9:30 - hang out with Ruby in the lobby asking impromteu questions. Hes a funny guy and has many stories of PSO and how he wont let PSU die without a fight.

BTW - Sega Filmed the entire event =O I wonder where they will post this massive 4 hour video.......

Krupp
Nov 5, 2009, 04:22 AM
It was awesome meeting you guys, great event really. We definitely need to meet up on psu now! Haha!

Saintdane
Nov 5, 2009, 07:55 PM
It was awesome meeting you guys, great event really. We definitely need to meet up on psu now! Haha!

Ummm, I'm about to go totally off topic right now but Krupp, your user name doesn't have anything to do with vice principal Krupp from Captain Underpants would it?

Krupp
Nov 5, 2009, 09:44 PM
Ummm, I'm about to go totally off topic right now but Krupp, your user name doesn't have anything to do with vice principal Krupp from Captain Underpants would it?

Lol! Indeed it does! Yup, I've been using it since I first read captain underpants almost.. 10 years ago.. wow. Good call. XD I quite don't remember him as the vice principal though.. maybe the principal.

Saintdane
Nov 5, 2009, 09:54 PM
Lol! Indeed it does! Yup, I've been using it since I first read captain underpants almost.. 10 years ago.. wow. Good call. XD I quite don't remember him as the vice principal though.. maybe the principal.

You sir, are my new best friend.

MSAksion
Nov 5, 2009, 09:56 PM
Paraphrasing a story ruby told us about WARHAMMER in the lobby after 9:30

"IF people think PSU is bad at updating - check out Warhammer. Does anyone play that anymore? No? Its because in an update they lost an entire planet! " -Rubyeclipse.

No word on his thoughts on WOW. But you get the gist.

Also during the PSU question answer session - he made a joke about PSO and data corruption. Paraphrasing - he was worried sick if his characters would survive till the next day. And the haxed weaponry everyone had them and no one care.

I'd be pissed if my PSU account got messed up and i lost it all =P

xBladeM6x
Nov 5, 2009, 09:57 PM
OMG! I read all those when I was in like 2nd grade! :D Those were awesome. ...Ohh....Good Times...

kirtblue
Nov 6, 2009, 05:00 AM
damn dude a whole planet that sucks but so does wow

keep preaching the good word ruby