PDA

View Full Version : Best and worst partner characters

tadtwisted
Oct 29, 2009, 07:18 PM
I just want to know what partner characters other people use and why, I for the most part always use my PM (until it reaches 200) and Curtz. I like curtz because his gravity break is better than bruce and he has a chance of a SUV (even if he aims it the wrong way) but bruce breaks out the healing stick more often. For the worst i gotta give it to Maya

Ruru
Oct 29, 2009, 07:39 PM
i always just use my PM and Tylor or Nav.

as for worse..

i dont know. i'd have to say it's a mix between karen the one hit wonder or hyuga. i like karen alot i just can't stand how fast she dies.

Volcompat321
Oct 29, 2009, 07:41 PM
I never use NPC's.
Used to level my PM, bring her everywhere. Not sure why I stopped.
Hate the talking for the most part, wish I could turn it off.
Then I'd start bringing the NPC's again.
(Yes, it's much different talking to party members, compared to the NPC's random talk. At least (most of the time) the other players talk back to you).

Allison_W
Oct 29, 2009, 08:33 PM
It wouldn't be so dreadful if the characters that are storywise supposed to be so talented or skilled actually had a higher character or class level to represent it--maybe then the ones that are lackluster in practice could catch up to Leo/Tonnio/Tyler/Curtz/Bruce.

NDW
Oct 29, 2009, 09:16 PM
For fighting NPC's I use:
- GH 424
- Alfort Tylor
- Bruce Boyde
- Ethan Waber

For healing NPC's I use:
- GH 450
- Maya Shidow

Anduril
Oct 29, 2009, 09:56 PM
I found the best NPC for me is Bruce. Since he only has two weapons, his Creasword and a wand, he does quite a bit of attacking and healing with very little idling time I've seen from other NPCs.

Pwincess
Oct 29, 2009, 10:00 PM
I never invite my PM or npc's. I'd rather play with friends =]

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 29, 2009, 10:10 PM
The bestest in all honesty was between Mikura and some of you guys on here. As for the worst...some knob named Zanget$u. God that guy was a moron...The dude ran into battle, spammed PAs, and when he ran out he begged for PP restoring items. I wanted to strangle him/her with a piano wire. Oh also he died alot. And by alot I mean EVERY 5 MINUTES! He didn't want to change armor because he liked the name and the color. He made me want to cry...and choke him with piano wire.

BIG OLAF
Oct 29, 2009, 10:13 PM
I only use any combination of two of these three: Curtz/Nav/Ethan. It seems to me that they heal more than any of the other NPCs.

Allison_W
Oct 29, 2009, 10:24 PM
Some PMs are really good about healing. I've also noticed that Maya seems to be good at it. Also, she's the most fun to get compliments from when you score an S ranking. (Though Laia is the best when you do terribly.)

DreXxiN
Oct 29, 2009, 10:47 PM
I heard that some NPC's have really broken AI. For example, Zizan and ALPAL late at nights tend to run into walls for several minutes at a time. This may have been patched since I quit awhile ago, but I'm doubting it.

VetroDrago
Oct 29, 2009, 11:50 PM
I loved that last post, but I use the pm that uses killer elite on my techer, and man she 1 hits often with killer shot. On my main I use 424 I think is its number. NPC wise, Curtz is my current fav.

Ellea
Oct 30, 2009, 12:07 AM
The bestest in all honesty was between Mikura and some of you guys on here. As for the worst...some knob named Zanget$u. God that guy was a moron...The dude ran into battle, spammed PAs, and when he ran out he begged for PP restoring items. I wanted to strangle him/her with a piano wire. Oh also he died alot. And by alot I mean EVERY 5 MINUTES! He didn't want to change armor because he liked the name and the color. He made me want to cry...and choke him with piano wire.

lmao This is a thread talking about 'Partner Characters'. Not actual players.:lol:

Noblewine
Oct 30, 2009, 01:53 AM
Lou and Hyuga.

garjian
Oct 30, 2009, 05:32 AM
Ethan's the best, he heals LOADS... has high damage PAs, and generally isnt useless...
if i wasnt using my bot, id pick hyuga next, he runs up to heal YOU... if either you or him is on low health... useful if your a lazy gunner...

worst..? Karen easily... lowest health, lowest damage, worst resta... whats the point?
and maya... strafe for 5 minutes, pull out a lvl1 crossbow? she doesnt even heal anymore :\ terrible...

Yuicihi
Oct 30, 2009, 06:42 AM
I tended to play solo, or with an actual team of people when I played.

From the single player, Maya is probably the worst there. I've seen her have monsters right in front of her, and she didn't attack.

necman
Oct 30, 2009, 07:56 AM
I always use my partner machine till it's battle stats are maxed. With my gunner I use lumia for her shifta since it's much better then the agtaride and maya for her giresta. With my acrotecher I use a cast and beast. any really they all suck equally anyway. My other two characters are not mine so I don't know about them.

barnacleez
Oct 30, 2009, 02:14 PM
I heard that some NPC's have really broken AI. For example, Zizan and ALPAL late at nights tend to run into walls for several minutes at a time. This may have been patched since I quit awhile ago, but I'm doubting it.

"Hey, guess who I am!"
*sharp left turn into wall*
:lol:

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 30, 2009, 02:24 PM
lmao This is a thread talking about 'Partner Characters'. Not actual players.:lol:

Partner characters? You mean meat shields?

Uhmmm....uhmmm...uhmmm.....

They're all expendable therefore they're all my favorite!

DreXxiN
Oct 30, 2009, 02:32 PM
"Hey, guess who I am!"
*sharp left turn into wall*
:lol:

Of course, man. Where else would I get the inspiration to say such a clever thing? Also where the fuck have you been?

AmenRa
Nov 3, 2009, 03:00 PM
I always use ethan and curtz, they both have a special attack that usually dishes out 1000+ damage and they both can heal me and take a beating.

Delete
Nov 3, 2009, 03:16 PM
Good PM's:

Ethan Waber
Fuylen Curtz
Alfort Tyler

Bad PM's:

All the others :P