PDA

View Full Version : Whos upgrading to the DSi XL for PSZ in Q1 2010?

Quintus_The_Force
Oct 30, 2009, 02:37 AM
Have you seen the GIGANTIC 4.2 Inch screens? *faints*

Im gettin one DEFINETLY! :ak:

xSHiNOx
Oct 30, 2009, 03:07 AM
i think ill stick to my ice blue ds lite

kirtblue
Oct 30, 2009, 03:31 AM
the ds is already kinda a gimmick handheld as is i think this is just pushing the envelope too far imo

Hitoshura
Oct 30, 2009, 04:00 AM
No, it doesn't look good to me at all. Everything's going to look stretched and blurry.

Quintus_The_Force
Oct 30, 2009, 04:01 AM
DS is a gimmick? pffft :/

and you guys gotta be kidding me! XD

Your tellin me u dont want that? I can understand that you dont need it, hell I already have a DSi and am mad im going to have to trade it along with about 100 bucks probably but DAMN the XL is just AWESOME!

You cant deny that its sexy... plus its Stylus seems perfect now, big, fat, nice and comfortable, wont get lost as easily, the system itself is wider, more comfortable for adult hands, might not put them to sleep as easily lol... and imagine, PSZ on the BIG SCREENS, I will not have truly played Zero, untill I beat the Final Boss on a XL with it hooked up to my Surround Sound! Which I will be doing DAY ONE of the XLs release...

cApNhOwDy
Oct 30, 2009, 08:15 AM
the system itself is wider, more comfortable for adult hands, might not put them to sleep as easily lol... and imagine, PSZ on the BIG SCREENS, I will not have truly played Zero, untill I beat the Final Boss on a XL with it hooked up to my Surround Sound! Which I will be doing DAY ONE of the XLs release...

My thoughts exactly. If I'm going to be forced to play on a portable console, I'm going to want to play it on the most comfortable option. I have a difficult time seeing the action on PS0 on my DS Lite. I am very ready for this upgrade, glad I didnt get a DSi.

Arikado
Oct 30, 2009, 10:19 AM
I got my DSi about 3 months ago so yeah, i'm with those who got screwed over.

I definitely would've bought a DSiLL instead of a normal one but whatever, not the first time i've been screwed over. :P

So yeah, I definitely won't be getting a DSiLL.

EDIT: There's no Black DSiLL by the way, only DARK BROWN LULZPWNED. (Joking but it's not a joke, no black.)

EDIT2: Those saying the graphics are gonna be more blurry are wrong by the way, DSiLL looks awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghukC2XXLSI

TheRealFlow
Oct 30, 2009, 10:59 AM
I'll be sure to grab one. But until it's released, I'll stick with my black DS lite.

pso_crash
Oct 30, 2009, 11:10 AM
I don't know. I wonder if this means there is another generation of handheld systems on the . After seeing the video, I might. I thought it would look very grainy on the bigger screen. It ooks okay in the video.

Zantra
Oct 30, 2009, 11:20 AM
As a current DSi owner, if game crazy or gamestop has a good trade in offer, I will 100% get this. The current screen size gives me migrains, if I play too long. So, I look forward to a bigger screen. And, to all the people who complain about playing these games on a bigger screen. Have you ever used the Gamecube's Gameboy Player? Depending on your tv, that could make the screen size 1000's of percent bigger, and the games looked exactly the same! A bigger screen, does not equal broken graphics.

Java378
Oct 30, 2009, 11:32 AM
I'll get it and I crossed the Dsi off the list of stuff to get from my wholesale supplier of games.

landman
Oct 30, 2009, 12:12 PM
Does it have TV out connection? if it has I'm buying it day one, if it doesn't I may wait a little for Nintendo to announce a new version, and I will continue playing with my ver.1 DS console.

xSHiNOx
Oct 30, 2009, 03:12 PM
no tv out and probably never will be

Itchee
Oct 30, 2009, 05:02 PM
TV out would be cool if it wasnt implemented like how they did it on the PSP Slim.
Clunky piece of shit....

kirtblue
Oct 30, 2009, 06:14 PM
ok at first i said i didnt like it but after reading everyones posts i might have to reconsider

its like this i have large hands and i have broken them both several times and now have arthritis in both

long gaming sessions tend to make my hands cramp really bad if a new dsi xl screen can fix this problem than sign me up

Celi-Ka
Oct 30, 2009, 11:47 PM
I really want to get some hands-on experience with this new DSi before committing to it. It looks sweet from all the pics I've seen.

Giezus
Oct 31, 2009, 01:56 AM
If the only difference between the new and old DSi is a bigger screen and fatter stylus, I think I'll probably pass. Screen size alone isn't worth spending extra just to get. Plus I like how compact the current DSi's are. Even though the new one won't add that much to it's size, it's still making it bigger, which is a turn off for me when it comes to handhelds.

Yuicihi
Oct 31, 2009, 08:06 AM
I might.

I'm still rocking my old launch DS.

Quintus_The_Force
Oct 31, 2009, 11:20 AM
I might.

I'm still rocking my old launch DS.

I think you should! When I buy the DSi XL that will mean ive purchased every DS model atleast once, and I regret nothing lol I honestly WILL NOT even touch a original DS, its really really dim and clunky, I dont think I could ever go back to the others... Ill definetly be getting the XL. Was it a waste of money buying new iterations of the same handheld? perhaps, depends on how u look at it... you should do what I didnt do... Go straight from a Original DS to the DSi XL! I promise you it will be glorious and worth it lol

xBladeM6x
Oct 31, 2009, 11:32 AM
I'm not just because I already bought a DSi not to long ago, and from what I've seen, the image on it will be a little more blurry due to image stretching.

pso_crash
Oct 31, 2009, 11:57 AM
I'm gonna have to wait and see. I traded in my phat for a lite because it was a little awkward to hold it and reach the touch screen. I doubt I would get an xl for the same reason, but I would like to try it out before making a final decision.

landman
Oct 31, 2009, 01:24 PM
The definition will provably be the same. Pixelation you mean? yes, the larger the screen, the more you see the pixels, but I love hi-def pixels ^^

BIG OLAF
Oct 31, 2009, 01:38 PM
As Yuicihi said, I'm still rocking my regular old DS (that I've had since the DS's launch). I have no intention of replacing it, either. Why waste money on a Lite/DSi/LL if I don't need to? I don't care about the bigger screen or the fancy features. I do care about not having to spend unnecessary cash, though.

Anon_Fire
Oct 31, 2009, 02:09 PM
I might replace mine, because the right hinge broke and it will eventually break.

Quintus_The_Force
Oct 31, 2009, 05:29 PM
I'm not just because I already bought a DSi not to long ago, and from what I've seen, the image on it will be a little more blurry due to image stretching.

Uhhhh its not going to blur at all! Its not stretching the image to fit the bigger screen, its enlarging each pixel individually, so yeah... your wrong

Dragwind
Oct 31, 2009, 06:14 PM
I might replace mine, because the right hinge broke and it will eventually break.

My oldschool DS is still going strong even with a broken hinge as well haha, but the DSiLL looks pretty tempting.

juonior
Nov 1, 2009, 01:11 PM
I sadly bought a DSI the day it came out but im deffinently buying a DSI LL ill just give my Dsi to my baby bro who has been wanting one:D

kirtblue
Nov 1, 2009, 08:39 PM
sounds like alot of people still use the old ds phat it also sounds like alot of broken hinges lol

landman
Nov 2, 2009, 11:49 AM
Mine is in very good state, and I played a lot... when it was released, before PSŲ I didn't touch it in two years lol (same with PSP and Phantasy Portable)

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 2, 2009, 12:32 PM
I hope they got some sorta trade in deal when the DSiLL comes out. But chances are I prolly need the box and all that nonsense. Shenanigans....

kirtblue
Nov 2, 2009, 05:02 PM
nah just take it in as is to game stop for a good bumming

RandomTask
Nov 3, 2009, 03:02 AM
I'm still rocking my original "gen1" DS from way back in the day. Thing is still mint and I guess I'll be playing PSZ on it. Now I wouldn't mind getting this new version but I tell you, Nintendo can't even give me enough time to decide on getting a new model without releasing yet another new model. This is just getting out of hand, Sega would've been burned at the stake for releasing the same system in now 5 (or more?) different versions and counting. I can just see as soon as I picked up the new XL/LL whatever it's called, the DS XYZ is gonna come out and kick me in the face. Remember when companies released new hardware, now they just pump out the same stuff in a different design.

Hero_Of_Fate
Nov 3, 2009, 03:57 AM
I'll stick with my Crimson/Black DSL for now. Especially since there won't be an increase in the amount of pixels on the screen, so the image will just be stretched out. Probably won't look as good as people think.

Arikado
Nov 3, 2009, 05:23 AM
I definitely wanna see it in action before buying one, hell I doubt i'll even buy one, i'm happy with my Black DSi.

If GameStop offers a trade for DSi + reasonable amount of money i'll get one, if there's no deal then... NO WAY IN HELL I'M GETTING ONE OF THOSE I JUST PAID 225$ (Tax included.) FOR MY DSi ABOUT 4 MONTHS AGO. /rage

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the image won't be blurry, it'll be bigger and as sharp.

EDIT 2: Decided to drop another image.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4260/dsill2.jpg

Screen is bigger but not THAT BIG either.

Also, http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/dsiLL/index.html#/display/

Quintus_The_Force
Nov 3, 2009, 02:56 PM
I wanna see a half XL and half DS Phat! :trout:

I can tell the difference between a DSi and a Lite...BIG TIME so this next upgrade Will be AWESOME, then ill trade the XL in for a DSi 2 XL :D

kirtblue
Nov 3, 2009, 11:49 PM
they better get some better colors though i mean damn those suck

seriously wine red can blow me

landman
Nov 4, 2009, 10:34 AM
I do like the red wine one lol

Zero Revenge
Nov 4, 2009, 10:45 AM
It'd be better with some Steak though. :)

Akaimizu
Nov 4, 2009, 11:52 AM
I'm sticking with my DSi. It got that too recently to invest in another DS for some time. Plus, I don't want any DS bigger than what I have. I'd love a display output option, but I'd only have reason to use it to record gameplay video, clean.

Quintus_The_Force
Nov 4, 2009, 07:05 PM
It'd be better with some Steak though. :)

There is a Dark Brown DSi XL, THERES UR STEAK lol and the white one could be the napkin :D