PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here play PSZero?

JapansRobo
Oct 31, 2009, 04:25 AM
I got the game back when it first came out, and got to 93 on my FOnewm. With the US version coming out soon, and lots of people I know getting it, I'd like to hit 60 on my RAcast (he's 49 at the moment). However, out of all the people I played with when I got the game, there's only one person who I see online. So, are many people here active, or should I just continue soloing offline?

Arikado
Oct 31, 2009, 06:43 AM
Why waste your time doing something you can do in about 10 days, in english?

EDIT: I think you should just play offline until Nov 10th to kill some time.

Reksanden
Oct 31, 2009, 10:00 AM
When I get PSZ, i'm going to solo to get the hang of the controls(unless they're the same as PSO), and level up a bit. BTW, has anyone heard from KreaK?

xSHiNOx
Oct 31, 2009, 02:08 PM
i just dont understand why people still play the japanese version when the american version is around the corner

Niered
Oct 31, 2009, 02:18 PM
This might be a bit off topic, but there is something of a conundrum were going to face when the game comes out here in the US.

I'm assuming there are alot of people out there like myself that want to hop online as soon as they can to play the game with folks from this board. That would be great, except that from what I understand you cant actually unlock later stages by playing multiplayer. Player 1 has to have them unlocked already.

This could be addressed by simply having the folks who get the game earlier playing through as much of story mode as possible until the rest of us get the game. Even then though you have the annoying fact that those people will be a bit over leveled for the areas everyone else would be playing with them, or the new players will be under leveled for the later areas.

Kind of annoying, it would have been nice if you could just play through the whole game in online like PSO. But eh, you cant have everything I guess.

JapansRobo
Oct 31, 2009, 02:56 PM
I bought a japanese PSZero, and don't want to buy it again, so I'm not getting the english game. Other people I know are, and I don't want to debate whether I want to support them with my FO or help level up my cast.

So, back to my original question, is there anyone here who still plays and would be willing to help me get to 60?

@ Shino: Are you the same Shino I played with on the IRC earlier this year?

@ Arikado: If I wanted to kill time I'd turn on my Gamecube and play online.

Arikado
Oct 31, 2009, 03:07 PM
Kind of annoying, it would have been nice if you could just play through the whole game in online like PSO. But eh, you cant have everything I guess.From what i'm assuming, you can "beat" the game online without having the stages unlocked, the thing is next game you make you won't have them unlocked, you have to play offline to have them permanently unlocked. (Exactly like PSO, can't unlock maps online, gotta do it offline.)

Niered
Oct 31, 2009, 03:19 PM
From what i'm assuming, you can "beat" the game online without having the stages unlocked, the thing is next game you make you won't have them unlocked, you have to play offline to have them permanently unlocked. (Exactly like PSO, can't unlock maps online, gotta do it offline.)

Can anyone confirm this? It would be great if it were true.

xSHiNOx
Oct 31, 2009, 04:07 PM
I bought a japanese PSZero, and don't want to buy it again, so I'm not getting the english game. Other people I know are, and I don't want to debate whether I want to support them with my FO or help level up my cast.

So, back to my original question, is there anyone here who still plays and would be willing to help me get to 60?

@ Shino: Are you the same Shino I played with on the IRC earlier this year?

@ Arikado: If I wanted to kill time I'd turn on my Gamecube and play online.
i dont know if i played with you. there was this other shino in the irc which isnt me kuz i always use xshinox. why wont you buy the american version? you will be missing out on the translated story, items, etc.

as for the level unlocking, you MUST play story mode and progress far in it to unlock levels for multiplayer.

JapansRobo
Oct 31, 2009, 04:30 PM
I can read what the translated story is online, since I have no doubt someone will post it.

I was Raphael on the IRC, and had a FOnewm with that name in Japanese. I don't remember which of the Shinos I played with, though, because my memory is that bad.

xSHiNOx
Oct 31, 2009, 04:57 PM
i think i remember a raphael. arent you the admin for the irc channel or something?

JapansRobo
Oct 31, 2009, 06:24 PM
Nah, i was just a regular person on it.

Arikado
Oct 31, 2009, 07:16 PM
Hey Shino, can you answer this question please?

If you don't have any maps unlocked, can you still "beat" the game online or do you have to play offline (Story Mode), in order to be able to progress online?

EDIT: Oops sorry, I missed one of your post, so you really have to play offline in order to have maps online? That's kinda lame if you ask me, I preferred PSO way of doing things, you'd unlock maps for a game only then lose them again, but at least you could progress without having to play offline mode.

EDIT: Dosen't really matter to me as I planned to play offline mode before going online. :P

xSHiNOx
Oct 31, 2009, 07:37 PM
IIRC, if you start online right away, you only have access to about 3 levels. progress far in story mode to unlock the rest for multiplayer.

Arikado
Oct 31, 2009, 07:38 PM
IIRC, if you start online right away, you only have access to about 3 levels. progress far in story mode to unlock the rest for multiplayer.Thanks for clearing this up.

Donnikun
Nov 1, 2009, 12:32 AM
i will be playing PSZ very soon, when english comes out, gonna pick my copy up the 12th, the day i dont have class, cant pick it up sooner, college classes and all, but I cant wait to recreate my old FOmar from PSO, with a costume makeover of course. Then ill play new experience with a HUnewm(i wanted a male newman hunter since PSO on DC) and ill also go ultimate DC nostalgia with a RAcast, maybe a RAcaseal, most likely the male one though. My main will be FOmar, and ill take turns on playing my 2 alts, and decide which to finish leveling first depending on which i find more fun.

CAMPSO
Nov 1, 2009, 02:22 PM
I'm probably gonna play offline a little bit before i go online anyways. I'm lookin forward to remaking my force and maybe even a ranger as an alternate

Niered
Nov 1, 2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks for clearing this up.

Yes, seconded. Its just lame that we cant beat the game online like we used to be able to.