PDA

View Full Version : Rappies Make Things Better Contest

Ryna
Nov 1, 2009, 01:58 PM
Overview
The idea of this contest is to take an ordinary situation and add one or more rappies to make it more humorous. Submissions may be photos, manipulated images, hand-drawn illustrations, or any other kind of picture you can come up with.

You have until November 30th to submit up to two entries. After the submission period ends, a voting gallery will be setup. Voters will be instructed to vote for the most humorous work. The top five winners will receive one of the prize packages listed below.

Prizes
1st Place - 1× PS0 Inflatable Rappy, 1 x PS0 Figurine, 1x Custom Forum Avatar
2nd Place - 1× PS0 Inflatable Rappy, 1 x PS0 Figurine
3rd through 5th Place - 1× PS0 Inflatable Rappy

Submission Process & Deadline:
Submit entries by private message to HUnewearl_Meira (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=4746) or Ryna (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=27657), by 11:59:59PM PST, Monday, November 30, 2009. Be sure to include a title for your submission!

Rules

Maximum of two entries per person.
The maximum size for an entry is 1600 x 1600 pixels.
All entries must comply with the forum rules.
Entries are by Secret Submission. Entries posted on the forums prior to the end of the contest will be disqualifed. Entries should not include any overt information that identifies the author.
Author identities will be revealed at the end of the voting period.
The Voting Gallery will open shortly after November 30. Voters will be instructed to vote for the most humorous entry. The submissions with the largest number of votes will be declared the winners.

If you are unable to take screenshots or cannot find any Rappy material to work with, a packet with some Rappy screenshots (http://www.pso-world.com/images/rynaspicturestash/rappy_screenshots.zip) has been prepared. Credit goes to Hrith and Dragwind for helping with the packet.

SirTopps
Nov 2, 2009, 12:11 AM
love you guys.

Massamix3.0
Nov 2, 2009, 03:57 PM
An art contest involving Rappies!? Truly this is a glorious day!

Quintus_The_Force
Nov 2, 2009, 10:23 PM
Can we enter Flipnotes?

Ryna
Nov 2, 2009, 11:02 PM
Can we enter Flipnotes?

Depending on what you have in mind, an animated gif might work well for you.

Arikado
Nov 3, 2009, 07:36 AM
Aww man I wish I had some artistic skills, sadly I don't have any thus I can't participate in this event.

Guess i'll just contribute a bit to give you guys ideas.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2761/zakumandragrappy.jpg

(This wasn't made by me.)

Elwain
Nov 3, 2009, 09:31 AM
Oh this is gonna be fun!

Konekochan07
Nov 3, 2009, 11:32 AM
I want a Rappy! Because rappies do make it better...^-^

Zero Revenge
Nov 3, 2009, 11:49 AM
My Eyes! The goggles! They do nothing!!

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/thegoggles.jpg

pso_crash
Nov 3, 2009, 12:25 PM
Aww man I wish I had some artistic skills, sadly I don't have any thus I can't participate in this event.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2761/zakumandragrappy.jpg

oh gawd, am I a furry now?

Ryna
Nov 3, 2009, 04:37 PM

*snip*

That image was created by zakuman for the Extreme Beach Volleyball Celebration contest a long time ago. Here is the gallery for that contest:
http://www.pso-world.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=723

SirTopps
Nov 3, 2009, 04:53 PM
i really need to enter this. i need a good idea. gosh. i need to put my creative juices on full blast.

lavisblade
Nov 3, 2009, 09:09 PM
Whoever came up with the idea of a Rappy art contest RULES!!!! That is so AWESOME!!!!

Izanagi_pr
Nov 3, 2009, 09:42 PM
I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!! I WANT THE FIRST PRICE OF COURSE!!! BUT ALL THE PRICE ARE EXCELLENT

I WANT THE GAME!!!!!! I CANT WAITTT!!!!!!!

lavisblade
Nov 3, 2009, 09:55 PM
Lul I lost the game

Ryna
Nov 3, 2009, 09:57 PM
I WANT THE GAME!!!!!! I CANT WAITTT!!!!!!!

The game will be released in a few days. Until then, you can spend some time on putting together a submission. :-P

SkyteXIII
Nov 5, 2009, 07:18 AM
that soo coool

Hatrix
Nov 5, 2009, 05:25 PM
SLAY RAPPIES!!!

SirTopps
Nov 5, 2009, 06:18 PM
poor birds

lavisblade
Nov 12, 2009, 11:50 AM
Awww no one got the "lost The Game" joke?

VorpalLord
Nov 12, 2009, 09:24 PM
This contest is cool, it's going to be nice to see the entries.

Padium
Nov 13, 2009, 11:17 PM
Awww no one got the "lost The Game" joke?

I did, quite a while later...

Now to work on my submission... And I have the most amusing idea, inspired by Walmart's hot deli!

EDIT: By quite a while later, I mean, I just cam back to the site today for the first time in about a year...

jmanx
Nov 20, 2009, 02:17 PM
Hey I'm kinda confuse because at the end it says voting for best comic. We can do just pictures right.

Akaimizu
Nov 20, 2009, 02:22 PM
I want to work on one, but my drawing is atrocious. I have a big idea for a 4 or 5 panel comic, but whether I could do it justice is another thing. Couldn't hurt to try, but I'll have to see when I can put time to doing it. Not really being a 2d visual artist kind of hurts me for the extra time I'll need to spend, to do it.

Sinue_v2
Nov 21, 2009, 04:15 AM
http://www.psalgo.com/images/ps_gall/ps3/ozaki-lena1.jpeg

Rappy is not amused by this blatant exploitation.

(Not an entry. Toyo Ozaki's artwork)

Izuna
Nov 29, 2009, 08:32 PM
I can't wait to see what everyone else does. Good luck everyone!

Niered
Nov 30, 2009, 12:23 AM
Hrm, I considered drawing something for this, but the deadline is already here and I can only assume that some photo-manip would have won instead.

Ryna
Nov 30, 2009, 08:44 AM
Hrm, I considered drawing something for this, but the deadline is already here and I can only assume that some photo-manip would have won instead.

Even though it is the last day, don't let that discourage you. You still have 18 hours until the deadline.

Izuna
Dec 1, 2009, 12:08 PM
I'm guess there weren't many entries then?
I'm intrigued to know why the competition hasn't begun its voting stages yet.

Vanzazikon
Dec 2, 2009, 03:48 AM
Entries were submitted to either HUnewearl Meira or Ryna. I'm sure there are a lot of entries.

Ryna
Dec 2, 2009, 08:22 AM
The number of submissions was in-line with what I was expecting.

We hope to have the Voting Booth ready near the end of the week.

Izuna
Dec 2, 2009, 08:29 PM
I can't wait -- sounds very interesting.

lavisblade
Dec 2, 2009, 09:36 PM
I'm sure it's because there were so many posts, they are having a hard time setting up the voting thing. Or they're just busy. "Patience is a virtue" lol people tell me that all the time...it gets so annoying

VorpalLord
Dec 4, 2009, 12:24 PM
Hope its up soon.

Ryna
Dec 4, 2009, 12:30 PM
The contest gallery will be formally announced on Saturday or Sunday. We're going to spend one more day testing it.

Hatrix
Dec 6, 2009, 03:03 PM
One of those entries had me laughin pretty good, the point of the contest was to be funny so I hope they win

VorpalLord
Dec 16, 2009, 10:36 AM
who won this, it's been 4 days sense the contest ended >.>

Mysterious-G
Dec 30, 2009, 06:21 PM
Huh? What is that? A package? A letter...? OHHH, could that be!!

Merry, merry, christmas, Cath! You did a great job, lion king is by far my favorite childhood movie, so of course you got my vote! I am starting to think you would be a great addition to the team.....
But well, I do know for sure that you would have deserved your custom avatar!

Either way, have a great new year, Cath!
Your sincere psow team member and mod,
Ryna

PS. I know you wanted the Humarl figurine the most, so guess what you get...!

Ohhh, wow *unwraps*, that's pretty ni-
What the, this is a Hunewearl! D:
Eh? A second letter...?

All I wrote in the first letter is a lie.
Truly not your's,
Ryna'

Haha. Yes kids, that would have been mean, right? But actually I really got the Humarl! Spiffy!
Thanks team and thanks for sending, Ryna!
Happy New Year, team! ^^