PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Still playing PSU X360?

Feggge
Nov 2, 2009, 01:39 AM
Sorry if this thread exists. Couldn't find any.

Just have a question, are there still alot of people playing PSU on the Xbox 360? I haven't played for an eternity and I just picked up the offline story mode and got a little interested in starting to play Online again.

But I don't wanna start playing just to find out there are no people online and then have to go through the whole process of calling MS to remove the license again.

Or does anyone possibly know if there are more players on PC?

Thank you!

ashley50
Nov 2, 2009, 01:45 AM
360 should have more players.

PC/PS2...don't even bother with our side lol, since there's only a few handful of us left.

rayner
Nov 2, 2009, 06:55 AM
With the GBR going on I've seem Universe 1 filled + 2 - 3 stars of Universe 2. Right before the event Universe 1 would fill up on Evenings ( US Time ) Most people run White Beast, but find yourself a nice group and they will do other runs.

Yuicihi
Nov 2, 2009, 08:17 AM
When events are on, Universe 1 will be full, and Universe 2 will be nearly half full.

The population is slipping, however, but it's still quite a bit more than on the PC/PS2 side. Other times when no event is on, Universe 1 seems to hit four stars now.

Tetsaru
Nov 2, 2009, 10:42 AM
There should be more people on the 360 side, but I wouldn't bother. You've got new missions and items here and there, but really, nothing's changed that much. The Colony GBR came out last Friday, and I've already read people's comments on the forums about how bored they are with it. =/

Squirrel3D
Nov 2, 2009, 11:22 AM
The Colony GBR came out last Friday, and I've already read people's comments on the forums about how bored they are with it. =/

I'm not bored with it. Maybe it's the good luck I've had with joining good random parties lately.

fay
Nov 2, 2009, 11:33 AM
I only signed back up to PSU about 3 hours ago and i'm ready bored of running this GBR. Only ran it twice as well :/ lol

If anyone wants to join me for other runs you're more than welcome :)

Feggge
Nov 2, 2009, 01:03 PM
Excuse me for asking but... What's GBR? I believe there have been veeeeery many changes since I played it last. Part of the reason why I'm thinking of rejoining.

rayner
Nov 2, 2009, 01:28 PM
Excuse me for asking but... What's GBR? I believe there have been veeeeery many changes since I played it last. Part of the reason why I'm thinking of rejoining.

GBR is Guardian Boost Road... basically there are 4 Missions you do in order to raise the drop rate for said missions. Each time you finish a GBR mission you get the following poinst:

C = 1
B = 2
A = 3
S = 4
S2 = 5
S3 = 6

The "boost" will be according to the misson of the 4 that has the lowest points. I'm not sure of the point distribution to get 50% but that is MAX... and each player in the group can add their GBR boost to the total. So 6 players x 50% = 300% MAX boost.

Again this Drop Rate Boost is for only the 4 missions of the GBR... and what's cool is that the lobbies connect so you can find a group and do all 4 mission in a row.

Squirrel3D
Nov 2, 2009, 02:08 PM

http://psupedia.info/GUARDIANS_Boost_Road

NiceOnes
Nov 2, 2009, 02:53 PM
I'm not bored with it. Maybe it's the good luck I've had with joining good random parties lately.

Definatly not bored yet... Mind you these are some of my favorite missions without the GBR so...

Seen you on lately Squirrel.. We should probably do a run or two!

Feggge
Dec 15, 2009, 12:16 PM
Wow, I'm totally lost.

I returned to the world of PSU the other day and I am soooo lost. My character was still there so I tried to go from there and mold him into something good. But i don't know how to acquire any good weapons or where to grind up enough money to buy stuff.

Does anyone have any tips on how to gather money "rather" quickly and how to know which weapons are good and where to get them?

I'd really appreciate some heads-ups.

Thank you!

Orrefe
Dec 15, 2009, 01:15 PM
There's still a semi-kinda healthy population on the 360 servers, but it's kinda weird. I found that the players on the PC server [atleast, as far as joining randoms goes] were far more skilled. It's kinda weird :/ I've yet to run into a random techer with Reverser [or Sol Atomizers, for that matter], which has caused many an avoidable death in White Beast. I haven't been kicked from any party yet, which is pretty great.

Akaimizu
Dec 15, 2009, 01:58 PM
I've taken a bit of a siesta from PSU, myself. To get into and catch up with other games, mainly. Sometimes to keep up with what others are playing (yeah a bit unhealthy), but other times to really finish stuff I should've finished a long time ago.

To a certain degree, I want to come back when I've felt I fell behind and have a lot to work on. But I guess if I was to mentor or help some other folk, I'd be game to come on in, like I did for Halloween. It just seems long because it kind of came at the tail end of my typical PSU disappearance. A local seasonal festival, that I get involved in, which has me out of the house 7 days a week, and home mainly when I'm tired and want to go to bed.

lokey013
Dec 15, 2009, 03:25 PM
I used to play this thing fairly often since it's release....but there hasn't been any worthy updates of late and ended up cancelin my subscription....plus it seems like Sega is focusing most of their efforts on the portable versions....=/

I might try the DS version...looks fun....plus it's free online =)