PDA

View Full Version : How overpowered at Forces?

Zero Revenge
Nov 2, 2009, 01:06 PM
I've been hearing about of talk both here and on other forums, about how the power of Forces.

Without going into a big long-winded opening line. How overpowered are Forces in comparison to Hunters & Rangers?

I assume at Level 1, Hunters are still better? But by level 100, Forces are King? But how badly are they towering over the other 2 classes?

Edit: God dammit! I screwed up the spelling in the title! "How overpowered are Forces?"

xSHiNOx
Nov 2, 2009, 02:28 PM
way over powered. lets say a hunter does 100 damage per hit while a force's single magic use will cause 200-400.

they will be doing more damage than your hunter's 3 hit combo

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Nov 2, 2009, 02:43 PM
thats almost wut happens in PSO as well

Jonty
Nov 2, 2009, 02:46 PM
thats almost wut happens in PSO as well

Not once you get to Ultimate, if I remember correctly.

Niered
Nov 2, 2009, 02:55 PM
Yeah, once you hit ultimate in PSO Forces cant out-damage anyone, because the enemies resistances go way up.

I don't really care if Forces are overpowered, theirs always going to be balance issues in a Action RPG, im still sticking with my Ranger.

Zero Revenge
Nov 2, 2009, 02:55 PM
way over powered. lets say a hunter does 100 damage per hit while a force's single magic use will cause 200-400.

they will be doing more damage than your hunter's 3 hit combo

God dammit. Almost doesn't seem worth it making a Hunter & Ranger...

Donnikun
Nov 2, 2009, 03:01 PM
uh, keep in mind though, Forces are also very squishy and dependant on MP. the only one who can hold its own in physical combat is FOmar, and somewhat FOmarl, the newmans die very fast if hit. If we run out of magic points we have to resort to a little staff or wand, or slicer. we could use a gun or a sword type, but we all know Rangers are better with Guns and Hunters better with swords. Forces are only overpowered if used properly, but forces are also more challenging to use to their full potential, rangers are easier ranged fighters to use because they just sit and shoot, not worrying about MP, and hunters can go in and hack away without dying in 4 hits. It all depends on how you play, voerpowered and underpowered are only silly conseptions. What is overpowered is whatever class feels natural at your thumbtips. If you try all 3, one will feel easier to you than the others. It just depends on how you react to it.

Niered
Nov 2, 2009, 03:06 PM

It seems fairly silly to be worried about that. I just play the class that I enjoy the most. Just thank god its not like some other games where your actually a liability to your party members because of the class you choose (Hellgate, Dungeon Explorer, Dungeon Siege 2).

In PSZ, your still going to be useful no matter who you play as.

CAMPSO
Nov 2, 2009, 03:26 PM
I've also seen that people say forces are overpowered but it doesnt mean other classes arent useful. Just have fun with whoever you like

Donnikun
Nov 2, 2009, 03:27 PM
really all classes in PSZ are about equal, just different allocation of stats. plus this is the kind of game where any 4 can get together and just hack n slash through za level, unlike in mmorpgs where you gotta have tanks, a healer, dps, and you gotta plan out your strategy. PS is just walk in and kill stuff, just as fun, but its relaxing to do instead of stessful, and much more room for error, unlike in WOW, where one mistake results in a group getting wiped by the mobs.

also, when i VSd my fiend in battle mode in PSO, his RAmar always outranged me until i learned to hit him with the right spell. Trust me, calling something overpowered is what you do when you keep losing to it. My paladin in wow was overpowered to a warrior, but to a warlock, well the fear me to death, then in turn that warlock, is killed by a priest with fear ward, so its all a circle of power, what is strong to one is weak to another. in PS it seems like Force kills Hunter, Hunter kills ranger, and Ranger kills force. at least in my experience. perhaps other peoples experience varys.

xSHiNOx
Nov 2, 2009, 03:33 PM
uh, keep in mind though, Forces are also very squishy and dependant on MP. the only one who can hold its own in physical combat is FOmar, and somewhat FOmarl, the newmans die very fast if hit. If we run out of magic points we have to resort to a little staff or wand, or slicer. we could use a gun or a sword type, but we all know Rangers are better with Guns and Hunters better with swords. Forces are only overpowered if used properly, but forces are also more challenging to use to their full potential, rangers are easier ranged fighters to use because they just sit and shoot, not worrying about MP, and hunters can go in and hack away without dying in 4 hits. It all depends on how you play, voerpowered and underpowered are only silly conseptions. What is overpowered is whatever class feels natural at your thumbtips. If you try all 3, one will feel easier to you than the others. It just depends on how you react to it.
overpowered meaning they do more damage than the other class >_>

getting meseta is freakin easy in this game since they drop a lot of useless weapons that you can sell for money and use that to buy fiuds to replenish your MP.

Akaimizu
Nov 2, 2009, 03:35 PM
The typical MMORPG has high-end battles with the one mistake, everybody fails, aspect.

But in this game, the good aspect is that everybody gets strong. And Forces technically don't get strong enough that they can't gain help from other classes entering the party. It's still the more, the merrier. It's a case in which the weakest class (which is still argued) still becomes a titan. Thing is, the character mods, along with MAGs, really give the player more respec options. That's part of what makes so many of these classes quite viable. So in a nutshell, it's still a game in which I highly recommend you play with what classes you have the most fun with. You're going to be with them for over a hundred hours, so you better have fun with it. :)

Newman race Forces do have some surprisingly good melee damage with their staff (particularly ones with melee PA arts). The human ones as well. There are times in which using techs is harsh on Forces because of the bad position they leave you in. On the other hand, I've been sort of experimenting with a Fomar's use of melee weapons. Particularly since a lot of them do hit multi-target and with a lot less of PP usage than the good ol' Staff specials.

Jonty
Nov 2, 2009, 03:49 PM
Yeah, PSZ isn't rock hard for any class really - I've levelled a hunter, ranger, and force to a relatively high degree, and it's no less fun for any particular class. Things do die quicker with a force though. Quite a lot quicker. There's no arguing against it - they do bloomin' loads more damage than anyone else. It's pretty peripheral in the end mind; you'll have fun whatever you play as.

pso_crash
Nov 2, 2009, 04:05 PM
It's not going to matter to me which class is superior. This game is totally co-op and we don't have to share our loot. As far as I know we don't have to pay to repair our armor and weapons. The only reason you wouldn't want to bring someone is if your whole team isn't strong enough, they are cheating, or they just play very poorly.

kirtblue
Nov 2, 2009, 05:10 PM

this mean you gunna join our club then zero?

rockepidemic
Nov 2, 2009, 05:20 PM
Although I'm the type that feels that it's completely about your own personal playing style, I'm completely all right with my party's Force player being overpowered. She'll be thrilled at the idea, I'm sure. And she'll probably get to save our impatient HUmarl playing friend when they bite off more than they can chew.

kirtblue
Nov 2, 2009, 05:25 PM
Although I'm the type that feels that it's completely about your own personal playing style, I'm completely all right with my party's Force player being overpowered. She'll be thrilled at the idea, I'm sure. And she'll probably get to save our impatient HUmarl playing friend when they bite off more than they can chew.

this is a great point here if your hunter ranger classes get in to deep the force role can now not only heal and that sort of thing but can help bail you out before you get screwed

Donnikun
Nov 2, 2009, 06:53 PM
they may deal the most damage, but they can take the least damage, that is something to keep in mind. Forces may hit hardest, but they also die fastest if attacked.

xSHiNOx
Nov 2, 2009, 06:59 PM
and that is why they attack long range and not close range >_>

Xhero
Nov 2, 2009, 06:59 PM
Aint it supposed to be like that arent Forces ment for skilled players its just logical that if your playing a harder class you should get a better reward then just a hack and slasher just run up to hit something for me that's just a plus of the Forces.

Xhero
Nov 2, 2009, 07:01 PM
they may deal the most damage, but they can take the least damage, that is something to keep in mind. Forces may hit hardest, but they also die fastest if attacked.

Yup us Forces are always kill fast and Die fast! That's are reward but also are risk.

Zero Revenge
Nov 2, 2009, 07:19 PM
this mean you gunna join our club then zero?

What? Hell no. I love guns too much to not stay a Ranger. I'm just a little disappointed that Forces will be mad-OP.

kirtblue
Nov 2, 2009, 07:24 PM
What? Hell no. I love guns too much to not stay a Ranger. I'm just a little disappointed that Forces will be mad-OP.

so what forces cant use a gun now? lol

some of my fav times in pso was running around with my force and angel harp i think thats what it was called

Xhero
Nov 2, 2009, 07:26 PM
I dont Remember But I think I used the RedHangun too hehehe.

kirtblue
Nov 2, 2009, 07:29 PM
i think the fomarl could also use mechguns something or another combat

Zero Revenge
Nov 2, 2009, 07:38 PM
so what forces cant use a gun now? lol

some of my fav times in pso was running around with my force and angel harp i think thats what it was called

I have a lot more fun blowing away some ungodly beast with a high caliber rifle than I would waving my hands and throwing ice at it.

kirtblue
Nov 2, 2009, 07:41 PM
I have a lot more fun blowing away some ungodly beast with a high caliber rifle than I would waving my hands and throwing ice at it.

angel harp is a riffle

Zero Revenge
Nov 2, 2009, 07:51 PM
Force with a Rifle? Doubtful.

Either way. Looking like a Union/Civil War soldier > man-robes.

alpha koing
Nov 2, 2009, 07:54 PM
wow they didnt nerf the forces power in psz
hunters prepare to have kills stolen by random zonde >_>

xSHiNOx
Nov 2, 2009, 07:58 PM
everybody gets exp no matter who kills the enemy but the one that kills the enemy gets a little more exp than someone sitting back letting the others kill

kirtblue
Nov 2, 2009, 08:00 PM
Force with a Rifle? Doubtful.

Either way. Looking like a Union/Civil War soldier > man-robes.

check it out if you dont believe me

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=443

Zero Revenge
Nov 2, 2009, 08:06 PM
Your attempts to convert me into your pagan group are futile.

Oh and just curious. In PSZ, are Rangers' damage determined by their ATK like in PSO? Or finally their ATA?

Niered
Nov 2, 2009, 08:10 PM
Your attempts to convert me into your pagan group are futile.

Oh and just curious. In PSZ, are Rangers' damage determined by their ATK like in PSO? Or finally their ATA?

I hope not. If theres one thing I hate, its when an RPG takes a stat and makes it virtually useless for a certain race/class. I'm fairly okay with TP being worthless to CAST's, because they do get something in return. In any case, I dont care if the ATK vs. ATA arguement is supposed to be based on realism, its just silly. I like it alot more when the damage calculations for weapons are all neat and uniform.

Dungeon Siege is all to guilty of this.

alpha koing
Nov 2, 2009, 08:15 PM
im a hucast that plays with all forces and its horrible XD
i need some hunter friends

Zero Revenge
Nov 2, 2009, 08:18 PM
I hope not. If theres one thing I hate, its when an RPG takes a stat and makes it virtually useless for a certain race/class. I'm fairly okay with TP being worthless to CAST's, because they do get something in return. In any case, I dont care if the ATK vs. ATA arguement is supposed to be based on realism, its just silly. I like it alot more when the damage calculations for weapons are all neat and uniform.

Dungeon Siege is all to guilty of this.
Agreed. I've looked around a bit for the answer to this, and I can't seem to find it.

I'd love for it to be solely ATA, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that probably isn't likely the case. :(

Wow. Dungeon Siege. There's a throwback.

Niered
Nov 2, 2009, 08:21 PM
Agreed. I've looked around a bit for the answer to this, and I can't seem to find it.

I'd love for it to be solely ATA, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that probably isn't likely the case. :(

Wow. Dungeon Siege. There's a throwback.

You misunderstand, I actually WANT them to factor ATA and ATK for guns. I dont like it when games render an entire stat worthless for a weapon type. I think that PSO has a very good system in place for stat management in weapons, and I dont see a need for it to change.

Xhero
Nov 2, 2009, 09:05 PM

I just dont like hitting two buttons charge and normal attacks all the time :-( and standing near the door I like having to change from Zonde to Foie for monster weaknesses more fun to me :-P and healing team Buffing a debuffing the monster plenty to do for the Forces for me.:D

zling
Nov 2, 2009, 09:45 PM
im a hucast that plays with all forces and its horrible XD
i need some hunter friends

dont worry il be your freind (and im a hunter :D)

xSHiNOx
Nov 2, 2009, 10:07 PM
hmm, there are a lot of forces that dont help their team mates by buffing them or healing them. all they wanna do is cast offensive magic. i hate those types

SirTopps
Nov 2, 2009, 10:16 PM
i really should be in here. but ill let my underlings do it. besides. im the king. i dont know about these technical things.

Zero Revenge
Nov 2, 2009, 10:19 PM
You misunderstand, I actually WANT them to factor ATA and ATK for guns. I dont like it when games render an entire stat worthless for a weapon type. I think that PSO has a very good system in place for stat management in weapons, and I dont see a need for it to change.

I would have agreed with you, if it wasn't just Rangers who are under that double standard.

What does it matter, i'm playing the Ranger anyway. Niered, do you know what your Ranger is going to look like, or are you still deciding?

Niered
Nov 3, 2009, 02:15 AM
I would have agreed with you, if it wasn't just Rangers who are under that double standard.

What does it matter, i'm playing the Ranger anyway. Niered, do you know what your Ranger is going to look like, or are you still deciding?

I wanna go ramarl, probably with the yellow-ish outfit and a shorter haircut. other than that, no clue.

Zero Revenge
Nov 3, 2009, 02:18 AM
Hmmm. I'm still stuck between RAmar and RAmarl.

RAmar has better ATP and ATA than the RAmarl, who has better MST right?

Hmm.... Badass vs Adorable. Decisions...

Niered
Nov 3, 2009, 02:21 AM
Yes, RAmarl has better MST/TP, which is why I want them for my main because neither of my friends want to play Force so I figured I should try to play both sides.

Zero Revenge
Nov 3, 2009, 02:25 AM
Ah! That makes alot of sense. My close friend plays on main'ing a FOnewura--- Male Newman Force.

So RAmar makes a bit more sense.

Arikado
Nov 3, 2009, 05:38 AM
I'm still pretty skeptic about that Force thing but we'll see.

Pretty sure an HUcast with a good weapon and a pure Strength mag owns a Force, DPS-wise.

Galeohn
Nov 3, 2009, 11:54 AM
pssh, well that's why i'm being smart and using a HUnewm so that i have powerful spells and melee and high evasion :D lol

xSHiNOx
Nov 3, 2009, 02:58 PM
HUnewm may have access to offensive spells but they arent too strong as a force's and their evasion isnt as high as HUnewearl

zling
Nov 3, 2009, 03:30 PM
being a hunter the hunewm can only get lvl 10 spells while force get lvl 15

DreXxiN
Nov 3, 2009, 03:52 PM
My paladin in wow was overpowered to a warrior, but to a warlock, well the fear me to death, then in turn that warlock, is killed by a priest with fear ward, so its all a circle of power, what is strong to one is weak to another.

WoW PvP is a game of Rock Paper Scissors...unless you're a paladin. Then you are all 3.

Xhero
Nov 3, 2009, 09:27 PM
hmm, there are a lot of forces that dont help their team mates by buffing them or healing them. all they wanna do is cast offensive magic. i hate those types

I never do that but I always ask for monofluids or Difluids if Im out unless they want to go back to restock.