PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Should i buy it?

Twisterz
Nov 2, 2009, 03:56 PM
Hi, I'm new I know but I have a few quick questions. I loved pso. It was my all time favorite game that i have ever played on the xbox (either system). I can no longer play it now because microsoft is stupid and won't make it compatible with the 360. I never played it online but it had a fantastic single player mode. I was looking into psu and I thought that it may be a good game to get (made by the same people, on the 360, ect.) but then I was looking into it and I realized that single player mode was a "story mode" and you couldn't even create your own character...is that true? Supposedly on the online part you can but I don't use that...I guess my main question is: If i really liked pso with this game be the same and should i buy it? And is the single player mode basically the same as pso's single player mode or is it a dramatic difference (If that's the case then there's no point in me buying it) and can you create your own character? Thanks.

Dre_o
Nov 2, 2009, 04:04 PM
The two games are only the same in base concept and most weapon designs.

Everything else is different. In my opinion, PSU is best when played online. Single player is fairly limited and not super interesting to me. I'm sure you'll have your own opinion so I won't make one for you.

I'm pretty sure 360 has a Demo of it though. Be aware though, the Demo is probably different content wise. It's your choice really.

Bottom line: They're not the same game, thus you really can't judge one off of the other. Anyone who does is probably a Fanboy or a Troll.

Twisterz
Nov 2, 2009, 04:14 PM
Does online have a cost? Like a per month basis other than the xbl membership itself?

NDW
Nov 2, 2009, 04:36 PM
Yes, PSU is $9.99 per month. Also, you don't need a Gold membership to play PSU online, Silver works as well.

jagerman2354
Nov 3, 2009, 07:21 PM
being in the same situation as you i just bought it on 360 and i love it.... only problem is everyone is high levels and no one wants to show me around. if you get it.... i'll be more then happy to do some runs with you.

pinkace
Nov 3, 2009, 08:39 PM
I see lots of new characters around, low levels and such... maybe because the game dropped so much in price and paying for the license is so much simpler now.