PDA

View Full Version : PC PSU after a long break (couple questions)

HFlowen
Nov 3, 2009, 06:14 PM
Hey all, I haven't been on PSU since... MAG I believe, been a while. I have a few questions, one being obvious.

1: Population, yea, I've seen some of the threads, it's getting bad huh? If I stick with the flavor of the month mission I should be alright playing with some people right?

2: Did meseta EVER even out a little? Or is everything still inflated?

3: My guy is probably still there right? I don't think I've ever heard of a character being deleted.

4: This one is important, I've got a new laptop running Win7 and I've read somewhere that gameguard doesn't jive with 7 or something. Is this still true? Is there a fix/workaround? If not, could I run it through XP mode?

5: The final question, should I just save my 10 bucks and not bother? I mean hell, with 10 bucks I could (almost) afford a movie ticket.

Delete
Nov 3, 2009, 06:34 PM
First, I would like to say Welcome Back.

1)If your on PC/PS2, I hear the population there is really low. However on 360, we still have a handful of people.

2) I 'd like to say it's still inflated. The current GBR has missions that give you 36k for beating it and that's not even including the in-mission money drops that can go from anywhere to 3k-30 something K (depending on party size of course).

3)I quit for like 5 months and my character was still here when I returned. I'm pretty sure your character is safe and sound :D

4)Sorry, I'm not that smart when it comes to Computer stuff. I only know the basics. I'll look into it though and see if I can find some info. But someone will probably post what your looking for soon enough.

5)Hard to say, If you still have the urge to play, give it a try. Since your last question was about Computer stuff, I would assume your on PC, so keep in mind that you will probably not have many people to run with if you do come back on the PC/PS2 servers.

Ryna
Nov 3, 2009, 06:36 PM
1. If you stick with the popular missions, you'll find teams.
2. I can't comment too much on this one. On the PC/PS2 side, player store prices are low in my opinion.
3. He should be.
4. I was able to get AotI working with Windows 7 64 bit. Kelador's advice (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2374010&postcount=5) worked well for me.
5. That's up to you. Do you have any friends to play with on PSU? Enough new content has been added since MAG to keep you entertained for at least one month.

HFlowen
Nov 3, 2009, 06:41 PM
I think I'll dig up my AOTI disc and see if it'll run under my OS first.

Gunslinger-08
Nov 3, 2009, 06:42 PM
1. If you stick with the popular missions, you'll find teams.
2. I can't comment too much on this one. On the PC/PS2 side, player store prices are low in my opinion.
3. He should be.
4. I was able to get AotI working with Windows 7 64 bit. Kelador's advice (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2374010&postcount=5) worked well for me.
5. That's up to you. Do you have any friends to play with on PSU? Enough new content has been added since MAG to keep you entertained for at least one month.

Pretty much what Ryna said. You can always just come back for a month then cancel your sub again, once things die back down.

However, in response to player shops and meseta inflation, some things in player shops have taken a huge hit in price, while other things have increased in price. Catilium tends to stay down, since you can farm it in Innocent Girl A. On the flip side, Agito Edges have skyrocketed in cost, since the board can drop in the current GBR.

HFlowen
Nov 3, 2009, 06:51 PM
Wow, my last subscription purchase was March of '08. It might be worth it to play a month just to look at masterclasses, never played them.

That supplemental update looks f'ing yummy, but it's not for a while huh?

Dragwind
Nov 3, 2009, 07:01 PM
If you're interested enough to play for a month, may as well in my opinion. You'll have plenty to do, and you might even enjoy the master classes. Raising one alone will keep you busy at least for a little while.

HFlowen
Nov 3, 2009, 07:22 PM
All logged in, gameguard is fine, my character is fine. 2060 hours? Wow, didn't know I played that much.

Thanks for the help everyone, I mean it.

Gunslinger-08
Nov 3, 2009, 07:30 PM
I'll be sure to keep an eye out for ya. Come find me if you have any trouble finding a party for some of the newer missions. My main's name is Gatz.

Shou
Nov 3, 2009, 08:03 PM
Just in time to play MAG all over again!

Aorre
Nov 3, 2009, 08:40 PM
Welcome back! Now get it out of your system so you can cancel and come back later. :)