PDA

View Full Version : next event?

kevinsirum
Nov 5, 2009, 08:45 PM
whats going to be the next event ? and when ?!

ashley50
Nov 5, 2009, 09:03 PM
I thought you knew...'cause I'm clueless as you.

Anon_Fire
Nov 5, 2009, 09:09 PM
Maximum Attack G+ possibly

Warpath
Nov 5, 2009, 09:15 PM

I too think its MAG+ maybe after GBR? don't know

Shou
Nov 5, 2009, 09:23 PM
MAG+ plz!

Yuicihi
Nov 5, 2009, 09:42 PM
Because there wasn't enough MAG yet.

Squirrel3D
Nov 5, 2009, 09:55 PM
If they pull that off right after GBR I'll be shocked.

Since no one took my 9k bet last week, I'm gonna raise it to 1 million meseta and put it out there the rest of this month so here it goes:

Right after GBR, there will not be a MAG+ to follow it. 1 mil meseta people says it won't happen!!

Shou
Nov 5, 2009, 10:27 PM
Because there wasn't enough MAG yet.
I don't really care for the mission. I care for what it brings! :D

Xefi
Nov 5, 2009, 10:27 PM
I'm betting on MAG+ as well. The update might come as
early as somewhere in December and as late as next year.

I'm saving my $10 until MAG+ gets here to play again. Mainly
because it's a lot easier to find parties during event.

beatrixkiddo
Nov 5, 2009, 11:27 PM
That was a short-lived post! Anyway MAG+ should be next.

Raven5_1
Nov 6, 2009, 05:34 AM
I'm saving my $10 until MAG+ gets here to play again. Mainly
because it's a lot easier to find parties during event.

this. i had a recurring subscription but it was so hard to find regular parties at uk time without massive searches i cancelled it and i'm holding back my cash till the next event

Shou
Nov 6, 2009, 11:55 AM
I believe that how difficult it is to find parties plays a major part in the flaws of this game. Because this game is not very popular to begin with, there will likely never be that many people on this game. How can you play if you can not find people to run the same mission with?

Things that make finding a party hard in PSU.
1) Low population
2) Too many lobbies (more mission counters makes it harder to find random people)
3) Too many ranks (even if you find some people running a mission, they may be doing the mission on a rank you don't want to do Ex. C,B,A,S,S2,S3)
4) Simple communication system (having no guild system and an overly simple mail system makes it hard to network in the game)

Things that could help their respecive problems.
1) Make a better game. Advertize the game. Have a different billing system. More/better customer service.
2) Get rid of many of the lobbies and put multiple missions at one counter.
3) Lower the lvl cap to maybe 100 or less so that you don't have to create so many ranks. (just because PSO had a lvl 200 lvl cap doesn't mean PSU had to)
4) Guild/private chat system that almost every other MMO uses. *most MMOs have a bad mail system but at least they have the chat system*

Squirrel3D
Nov 6, 2009, 03:03 PM
1) Low population
2) Too many lobbies (more mission counters makes it harder to find random people)
3) Too many ranks (even if you find some people running a mission, they may be doing the mission on a rank you don't want to do Ex. C,B,A,S,S2,S3)
4) Simple communication system (having no guild system and an overly simple mail system makes it hard to network in the game)

1) Make a better game. Advertize the game. Have a different billing system. More/better customer service.
3) Lower the lvl cap to maybe 100 or less so that you don't have to create so many ranks. (just because PSO had a lvl 200 lvl cap doesn't mean PSU had to)
4) Guild/private chat system that almost every other MMO uses. *most MMOs have a bad mail system but at least they have the chat system*

Things that make finding a party hard in PSU:

1) It's low because people are sick of Sega's laziness, psychonut eletists, and other things that often riun the experince.

2) I disagree. I actually like more lobbies because you can move around so much.

3) What's next...S4? Why not just Ultimate.

4) I like it the way it is...so I don't agree on that one.

Things that could help their respecive problems:

1) The last one will never happen. It's too late to advertise the game because it's been out for 3 years now. Most people have move on to bigger things and Sega isn't even fixing the little things...like the most broken censor I have ever come across and no telepipes.

2) Now I do like that idea, but I still rather have alot of lobbies.

3) Totally disagree. I want my characters to be stronger and much better....don't you? Don't everyone else?

4) Well I never use voice chat in any game. I use a keyboard and it's not like I say much anyhow.

Shou
Nov 6, 2009, 03:36 PM
When I say chat I mean typing. Like party chat. Lets say there was a guild system and you had 30 people in your guild. You would be able to chat to all of them that are online at once through a chat(typing) system.

They could keep the lobbies but make it so that you do not have to go to them to do certain missions. It is very hard for new players to find parties because of this. (In PSO you can see every party that is on the server from one counter) Traveling from lobby to lobby is a waste of time and is just silly.

When I say the lvl cap should be 100 is that they would balance the lvling system so that lvl 100 = 200. Do you understand? I don't know of any other MMO that lets your charecter get to lvl 200 >_> it is an arbitrarily high number that spreads out the population, especially for such a small game.

SuperRygar
Nov 6, 2009, 04:58 PM
the next event is the totally off-topic debate that just happened

Shou
Nov 6, 2009, 06:19 PM
That was not a debate lol and the question was already answered.

Tetsaru
Nov 6, 2009, 11:18 PM
Look out now, I'm posting again, God forbid the mods get me for saying something scary... assholes. >_>X

1) Low population

Pretty much a given, though it's Sega's own fault for driving people away with the lack of updates and not handling in-game issues quickly during the game's birth.

Agreed. You could have all the missions available at say, the Guardians Branch on each planet, and then have each area fully explorable, with HIDDEN side quests/missions you can find along the way that don't necessarily progress the main storyline, but can benefit you in other ways. Regardless, you don't need 50 gajillion lobbies just to hang out. As some people have said, it just makes PSU a glorified chatroom that way...

This is also problematic. Enemy levels and difficulty should be dependent on the area for the most part. Start out with beginner-level enemies around the colony, then have endgame-level enemies around the HIVEs and Rykros, for example. The ranking system just throws the learning curve for a loop and rehashes old material (might be good for adventure games and such to have difficulty levels, but it's not wise for an online RPG game). Also, knowing what areas have what difficulty-level enemies makes it easier for players to find where to level up, as well as finding parties and exploring new areas... instead of going to lolWhiteBeast all the time. >_>;

Also agreed. Regarding the "chatroom" reference there, PSU's chatting systems are cute, but impractical and abusable. Seeing huge chat bubbles and lag-inducing facial expressions that cover up portions of the screen and make loud noises coming from people camping around spamming nonsense REALLY gets annoying and makes blacklists fill up, which in turn further isolates players from each other. Just have a chat log at the bottom of the screen or something. Sure, it's not fancy, but it works and helps keep things organized, instead of flashing in your face when you need to be focusing on the gameplay.

PSU's mailing/friend card system is poor too. If someone gives you their card and then later on mails you on a different character, you don't know who that person is until you ask them, and that can get awkward, imo. Also, the mail messages and player shop bulletins don't have much space at all... and don't even get me started on the censoring, translation, and word-wrap issues.

FF11 has chat modes for people in close proximity, everyone in the zone you're in, party chat, guild chat, AND personal one-on-one chat, and I'm sure a lot of other games have similar options too.

If a game can't even get proper funding established, it's dead before it even gets off the ground.

Agreed. It's nice to have areas to roam around in, but they need more purpose than scenery. Throw in some NPC's that are involved in side-quests, have monsters to fight/avoid, etc.

I've been against several of the recent increases in level cap lately because we just don't need it - the game's too easy. Even if you do like seeing your character grow stronger, it's not like you're learning any new abilities or attacks/spells to differentiate your character from everyone else's... it's just more stat-stacking and bignumbarz.

The numbering system doesn't really matter as long as the stats are balanced properly enough against whatever the game throws at you in opposition. In other words, a team full of Fighmasters shouldn't be able to Jabroga De Ragan in a matter of 10 seconds... -_-

See above.

Back on-topic though, even if I DID still play, I wouldn't want another MAG reskin. The game's got enough of those, and God forbid if there's another event similar to the competition for most kills for a Spread Needle/G... >_< Have an "event" where Sega finally releases everything still locked on the disc or something, so people will actually stay interested, lol...

Kion
Nov 8, 2009, 05:14 AM

Segac

I wonder if they could reserve three servers on the Japanese side and just import the character data of anyone still playing the NA side. The populations don`t have to get mixed, but at least we`d get updates, and ST would actually pay any small amount of attention to the NA servers, i`d think they`d have a more than decent player base.

Well, they didn`t care enough to do anything before, i doubt they will now.

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 8, 2009, 11:55 AM
It was easier on one platform with Dreamcast when everybody in the world played on the same servers, should you just scroll over to your desired locale and play. The JP got updates first back then too, but you could still go to JP ships and do the missions in Japanese.

Delete
Nov 8, 2009, 08:50 PM
No one has a clue, just have to wait and see. ^^

GreenArcher
Nov 9, 2009, 12:51 AM

While we're at it, why don't we remove the combo system with attacks, remove the active evasion system, and instead make all action purely stat based, and add a hotbar for all our actions as well?

kevinsirum
Nov 9, 2009, 02:00 PM
anyone think the absoloute zero frozen flowers will be up next or no?

Volcompat321
Nov 9, 2009, 02:29 PM
No.