PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite weapon type on PSU and why.

Sneeper7904
Nov 6, 2009, 06:14 AM
Mine is sabers. Personally i think the apocalypse is the best weapon i could would ever want and need.

rayner
Nov 6, 2009, 07:00 AM
My Favorite weapon type is Twin Handguns, decent damage... two hits, good Elemental % and most of all mobility. I've done some missions with just Twin Handguns and never got hit.

bear39153
Nov 6, 2009, 09:13 AM
Mine would have to be a Whip/tech "mag" combo.

VetroDrago
Nov 6, 2009, 01:28 PM
Mine has always been twin claws. I remember back when I started, it took forever to use them, but I love the combo and the frag arts. I'm like the only person I see who uses rensan shensou-ga. That art is so broken with shide-misaki, my favorite twin claws, and technically twin falclaws.

BIG OLAF
Nov 6, 2009, 01:57 PM
I must also say Twin Claws. No other melee weapon can do as much damage as fast as they. Funny thing is, I used to hate Twin Claws. I found them useless (until a started being a Fortefighter). Now, whenever I'm in a sticky situation, I just Renzan Seidan-ga a couple times, and all is well.

Also, an honorable mention goes out to Knuckles. They are quite powerful and swift, though not quite as strong as Twin Claws.

PekingDuck13
Nov 6, 2009, 02:18 PM
I also like twin claws because the S ranks have added status effects.

Tru Reaper
Nov 6, 2009, 02:22 PM
Any Claw type. Nei is my favorite out of them all.

tadtwisted
Nov 6, 2009, 02:25 PM
Svaltus sword, I remember when the game came out and I did sleeping warriors and saw the svaltus for the first time. he was awsome, then i found out eventually i would be able to get his sword. I still think its the best sword in the game. i know the agito is better but the svaltus looks better and has twice as much PP.

Squirrel3D
Nov 6, 2009, 02:48 PM
I like rods and rifles.

Rods because they have more PP and are nice looking. Rifles because of their great range and bullets.

Allison_W
Nov 6, 2009, 02:49 PM
I'm a big fan of knuckles, myself. Then again, I've always had a fascination with fisticuffs.

Keilyn
Nov 6, 2009, 03:39 PM
Lots of weapons I like

I love Shatos combined with Magical Wand Ps...at 10/10 the two combined give you over 2800PP which helps in saving pallete space as AT and making room for other combinations.

One of my favorites which really rivals a lot of setups are Crossbows and Slicers on Fighgunner. The combination of SE 3 bullets on a fast rate of fire beats out nearly 2 : 1 in fire rate to a non-gm shotgun...In such time its six SE3 bullets vs 5 SE2 bullets and since most players use shotgun to point blank and shoot.....you dont need such range...the slicer also beats out a non-gm laser cannon at high percentages.....

On a cast I love Storm Line + Storm/Blackheart (or slicer) as Acrofighter. It really works wonders ^_^.

Twin Neiclaws...I love the look...I think its the prettiest of all the twin claws.

SuperRygar
Nov 6, 2009, 04:47 PM
Its so hard to pick just one weapon as your favorite....but I would have to say its Slicer/Mag combo. Does insane damage from afar and it goes through walls for that extra bit of usefullness.

To say that twin claws do the most damage out of all the melee weapons is just wrong. That title goes to a Majara using spearman. Dont you agree?? Just the second combo move alone in a group of 4-5 enemies will do more dmg than any claws PA. The claws PA's dont hit as many times or as many targets. If its a single enemy then the single target claws PA does do alot of damage very fast.

Keilyn
Nov 6, 2009, 04:53 PM
Damage translates to number of hits it takes to kill a target. If your Diga does 5000 and my Diga does 3000 and an enemy has 6000 HP....it still requires 2 hits regardless the damage numbers...and thus it amounts to the same speed under the same type.

I actually have a chart Ive been working for a long time on "number of PA hits" and attack hits it takes to kill a target by different methods. I'll share my information when I am done with it. ^_^

I've also worked on the hits characters take by percentage from attacks...under different defense power and mental strength...and I have found out many things ^^.

More on this later.

Noblewine
Nov 6, 2009, 05:04 PM
My favorite weapons PSU are Single Claw and Twin Sabers. I like the pa's especially Assualt Crush.

Sneeper7904
Nov 6, 2009, 05:30 PM
i am going to be forced to agree with the ppl on twin claws the yown 2.

Sneeper7904
Nov 6, 2009, 05:30 PM
own my bad

Sneeper7904
Nov 6, 2009, 05:37 PM
i also like axes but the PA gravity break for swords(like agito repca)

Gunslinger-08
Nov 6, 2009, 05:40 PM
Knuckles, hands down. All four knuckle PAs have their uses, and manage to be useable in most situations, Ikk Hik aside.

Sneeper7904
Nov 6, 2009, 05:50 PM
ehh knuckles k i guess

Delete
Nov 6, 2009, 06:14 PM
Rifles. Sure they may not look cool (for the most part anyway) but they kick ass with level 41+ bullets. Shotguns would be next in line of course.

Hrith
Nov 6, 2009, 06:33 PM
Lasers, because Love Inferno is capable of infinite love ;o

ulyoth
Nov 6, 2009, 07:02 PM
A very difficult question to answer, but i think as a fortefighter id have to say knuckles. Before the game got too easy, it was important to knock big enemies over or smaller ones away and do decent damage quite quickly too.
Still cant go too far wrong with 42% Gudda Skelas

tadtwisted
Nov 6, 2009, 07:07 PM
Lasers, because Love Inferno is capable of infinite love ;o

I see your Love Inferno and raise you a Kohibumiteri :love:

LK1721
Nov 6, 2009, 10:57 PM
I'm a fan of the single daggers, I like their versatility and the PAs are pretty quick IMO.

Will_Nonheim
Nov 6, 2009, 11:43 PM
Twin Sabers by a mile. Not only do I like the idea of dualwieiding, but all of its PAs appeal to me, moreso than any other weapon. Plus, like Sabers to single-handed melee, they seem to act as an all-rounder to two-handed weapons. I like that.

Wash
Nov 7, 2009, 12:09 AM
I liked whips when they first came out; I never used them (as primarily a support techer),but as far as coolness they top my list. Their animations were just intense, and their PAs were decent.

Overall tech-mags have to be my favorite:the speed advantage over wands/rods made them useful. And they look kinda cool.

unicorn
Nov 7, 2009, 12:20 AM
I really want to say Wands, but they are the worst teching weapon...I really like their aesthetic though.

So TCSM it would be.

kirtblue
Nov 7, 2009, 12:50 AM
wow i guess im gunna be odd man out and say twin daggers not as powerful as twin sabers but i like the pa more

Shang
Nov 7, 2009, 01:03 AM
Twin Sabers by a mile. Not only do I like the idea of dualwieiding, but all of its PAs appeal to me, moreso than any other weapon. Plus, like Sabers to single-handed melee, they seem to act as an all-rounder to two-handed weapons. I like that.

I'd have to agree here. I made a human FG and started her off. Most would slap me and say, WTF? FG? But before that, I thought about FM and don't really care to make my human a FM. But what sold me were twin sabers. I just couldn't give em up. Favorite PA is Cross Hurricane, though I like all four of em.

Delete
Nov 7, 2009, 01:11 AM
I'm waiting for someone to say Single pistols so I can Lol. Anyway, I do like Twin Sabers as well. Like said, All the PA"s for Twin Sabers are pretty cool.

Shang
Nov 7, 2009, 01:19 AM
Lol. You just don't know. Back when I first started, all I'd use was saber/pistol and I'd just pistol everything. It was sad but funny. In any case, single pistol is actually pretty good. The damage isn't so bad. Problem is, you'll most likely get caught up in using either the pistol or the sh weapon more than the other and dual-weilding becomes completely pointless.

Delete
Nov 7, 2009, 01:30 AM
^I used to use it too, but I never liked it. Even til this day, my highest Single pistol PA is only 17.......and I've been playing for 2+ years.

Shang
Nov 7, 2009, 01:53 AM
I think I left my dark shot around 21. Just never had a reason to use it. And the only char I'd use a pistol on is female so no Guld.

Aside from Twin Sabers and their PAs, I do enjoy my double sabers, though I know some people who would sooner stab themselves than use em. I don't like their non-existent ATA but I like the PAs for them.

Xefi
Nov 7, 2009, 02:42 AM
I've always like the Psycho Wand. The strength of
it is amazing and i like how it looks as well. Even though
i main a gunner, i sometime find myself reverting back
to casting super high level spells and falling in love all
over again.

Shang
Nov 7, 2009, 02:53 AM
I remember when I first got a Pwand for my new MF. I got obsessed with them, too. At the moment I have 4 on her pallet. I'd probably have a pallet full of em if I figured out what techs I wanted on em outside of my fire, lightning, ice, and ground pwands.

Volcompat321
Nov 7, 2009, 03:41 AM
Favorite weapon type would have to be-
Ranger-Shotgun obviously. These things are awesome, and way before master classes, the shotgun would rarely run out of PP (while in a decent party) through the whole mission!
As Force, I'd have to say the TCSM is my favorite weapon.
Slightly faster than a wand, and slightly lower in stats (at 0/10), but very useful, and I love that they remind me of mags.
As a Fighter, I'd have to say spears are my favorite weapon.
Fast, high damage output, and IMO they look awesome!

Shang
Nov 7, 2009, 03:59 AM
I used to be really into spears but I haven't played a fighter in a while since my main's a gunmaster. I might get back into it with my Protranser, though. She only has a neutral 6/10 Mugunberga, though. And I don't wanna use the 42% 5/10 Gek I'm trying to sell.

The other thing about spears is that after the supp. it'll be a pain. Majarra will cost more PP and the second hit will be weaker >.< Way to ruin a good thing ST.

Hrith
Nov 7, 2009, 08:16 AM
It's called "balancing", not ruining.

A whole lot of PAs got rebalanced by that supplemental update, not just one or two.

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 7, 2009, 11:01 AM
Guld & Milla

HFlowen
Nov 7, 2009, 11:29 AM
Bows.

No, really. When the game was first out and I was thinking about how I wanted to be all cool and try protranser while everyone else was gonna go figgunner; I only used bows while I was leveling force. I got a high grind alteric and went to town. I dunno why I like bows so much, I'm fairly certain pistols have a better DPS, but I just stick with them. There's just something elegant and classy about 'em.

They're also a primary reason I've always been protranser; they're the best class for bows (I think, just started playing again after a huge break and psupedia doesn't work for me to check.)

Freeze
Nov 7, 2009, 12:24 PM
Twin daggers for my Wartecher. I've always been a dagger fan since my PSO days with the HUnewearl, and crossbow for my Guntecher.

DAMASCUS
Nov 7, 2009, 01:27 PM
I want the Sword to be my favorite but its PAs are just too underpowered and Gravity Break is slow AND inaccurate. No love for the big blades sadly.

I've come to really appreciate the Crossbow and wish it were available to other classes. Whip AND Crossbow? That would rock.

My favorite is the DOUBLE SABER hands down. Its fast and fun and even the normal attack is useful. I like all of the PAs although the last part of Gravity Dance seems unfinished somehow; it needs a double swoosh similar to the slicer PAs.

Honorable mention to double claws though because having status effects with melee weapons is something I'd like to see more of. The only PA I use with them is the thrust attack which is insanely powerful for its speed.

Sneeper7904
Nov 7, 2009, 06:26 PM
thnx for the posts guys^^

Ellrick
Nov 7, 2009, 06:29 PM
I like daggers and sword...too bad there is not one type that can use both as S ranks.

Kylie
Nov 7, 2009, 07:21 PM
Twin claws and twin daggers. Twin sabers and knuckles too.

They just have the neatest photon arts, I guess.

necman
Nov 8, 2009, 12:39 AM
I dislike hand guns as much as the next guy but it was our favorite weapon and not most powerfull so What ever. My favorite weapons are the riffles. The promo riffle of all of em. The other s ranks have animations that slow down my rate of fire and it has lots of pp and decent power. I really like the pushan too but only cause it was my favorite mag on pso. I really love the svaltus sword but don't play any class that can use it so I didn't count it. My least favorite weapon is sega's very own disconect request. Nothing ruins a run faster!

Crysteon
Nov 8, 2009, 01:24 AM
I like so many, but if you ask about a weapon type in general then I pick Spears and Double Sabers. If you ask for more specific weapons, well...uhmm...I like a lot of them, lol. Twin DB Swords, Agito Repca, Flowen's Sword, Shura-Hiken, Ank Zagza, Twin Neiclaws....geez...the list would be infinite xD

RadiantLegend
Nov 8, 2009, 05:12 PM
Kan yu + Gravity break.

Can't wait for the supp. update where it would dominate against single targets.

Sayara
Nov 8, 2009, 07:39 PM
Single dagger mainly for Deva-Zashi
mmmmmmmm

Zarode
Nov 8, 2009, 08:48 PM
The best at killing things, so Shotguns. Suck on my nozzle.

Kismet
Nov 8, 2009, 11:49 PM
Twin daggers, axes, double sabers, bows, and grenade launchers. <3

GreenArcher
Nov 9, 2009, 01:48 AM
2 Handed Melee : Twin Sabers
2 Handed Ranged : Shotguns
Dual Wield : Claw + Handgun

RebhtheDark
Nov 9, 2009, 12:03 PM
I'll have to say that my fav weapon class goes by what job type I am at the time!

Masterforce: Rods and Tech Mags
Acrotech: Tech Mag and Wand Combo
Wartech: Twin Claws and Knuckles
Fortetech: Tech Mags and Wands
Guntech: Crossbows and Wands
Gunmaster: Shotguns!!!

Fhin
Nov 9, 2009, 12:24 PM
Actually I don't have fav. weapons types but if someone would ask me, I would always say:

Twin Sabers and Sabers because they have the most neat PAs imo. ^.^

coryjosephfritts
Nov 9, 2009, 12:57 PM
i always wanted to ha a neis claw and shato on a wartecher but i think thats just cause its nostalgic

Sakaki
Nov 9, 2009, 12:59 PM
Melee: Tough choice... It's a tie between Twin Sabers and Spears. I like them because they have some of the best looking S ranks in the game and I've really gotten a lot of use out of PAs like Assault Crush and Dus Robado.

Gunner: Shotguns no contest. Dealing 1000+ damage to enemies is fun. :wacko:

Techer: Tech Mags. It's all I mainly use on MF(besides Rods).