PDA

View Full Version : PC Voice Chat

Omocha
Nov 6, 2009, 02:48 PM
Hello there,

I've come bearing questions:

I would really enjoy it if there was some sort of voice chatting in this game on the PC version. I've seen a few people mention voice-chatting on the 360 version, but no one seems to be using any sort of program or anything to side with the PC for voice chatting purposes.

Does anyone voice chat on the PC version? If so, what program, et cetera, do you use?

Sincerely,
Omocha

Squirrel3D
Nov 6, 2009, 02:54 PM
Hello there,

I've come bearing questions:

I would really enjoy it if there was some sort of voice chatting in this game on the PC version. I've seen a few people mention voice-chatting on the 360 version, but no one seems to be using any sort of program or anything to side with the PC for voice chatting purposes.

Does anyone voice chat on the PC version? If so, what program, et cetera, do you use?

Sincerely,
Omocha

I don't think there is voice chat on the PC version, but I think the PS2 version has it though.

Personally I never use voice chat, and my Xbox 360 headset is now messed up. I can only hear the people talking, but the mic doesn't work right anymore.

Volcompat321
Nov 6, 2009, 03:01 PM
Neither the Pc/Ps2 have the voice chat.

Though some people use Ventrillo to voice chat with others.

Omocha
Nov 8, 2009, 11:54 AM
I see. Thanks for your replies guys!

So Ventrillo....I've used it before for a different game (Guild Wars), but Guild Wars has...>_> Guilds, and in said guilds, you can communicate that you are using Ventrillo quickly and easily to everyone else in your guild. I assume that there is no quick communication method one can use if they'd like to use Ventrillo on PSU?

Dragwind
Nov 8, 2009, 01:43 PM
Some players have set up community PSU Ventrilo servers in the past for others to use, but you'll have a hard time finding any these days. You might be better off using Skype with friends/people you meet.

Volcompat321
Nov 8, 2009, 10:23 PM
I have a question about Skype.
Is it free to "call" other Skype people?
And is it for PC as well as PSP? :o

Akaimizu
Nov 8, 2009, 10:59 PM
Skype is available on PC, PSP, and certain mobile platforms. Skype is always completely free for just Skype to Skype. No service plan is needed for that.

Volcompat321
Nov 8, 2009, 11:00 PM
Well, that's cool.
Probably more beneficial to use Skype then.
I'd gladly get one Skype when I play PSU (pc/ps2 obviously) so people can chat with me!

Yamishi
Nov 9, 2009, 12:12 AM
Does Skype have a conference-call type feature, where, say, six people could be simultaneously chatting to each other?

Volcompat321
Nov 9, 2009, 12:15 AM
According to a quick Google (http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=Skype+conference+call%3F&aq=f&aqi=g10&oq=&fp=b9f14b8456039e) search, yea, seems to be! :D

EDIT: I just downloaded Skype, my name is Volcompatt321 (just like my PSN account).

GreenArcher
Nov 9, 2009, 10:58 AM
Lack of a PTT feature always kept me away from skype :(

Criss
Nov 9, 2009, 07:24 PM
Steam also has voicechat between people in your steam friendslist. And if I remember right, I think it has multi-people voicechat.

Zeek123
Nov 13, 2009, 04:14 AM
You can use Skype on your PSP too if anyone cares >_<

You know, if your PC is too busy handling the graphical juggernaut that is PSU

Volcompat321
Nov 13, 2009, 04:18 AM
I'd use it on my PSP, but I don't have a mic for it.
I still haven't added anyone to my Skype list lol.

Zeek123
Nov 13, 2009, 04:25 AM
WHAT?! How can you NOT have a peripheral for the most supported feature of the PSP?!!!????!!!!!

BLASPHEMY!!!

Volcompat321
Nov 13, 2009, 04:30 AM
Hahaha well, because it was never needed before?
I played my PSP with only friend from outside the internet.
Now, with the ad-hoc party, I can use the PS3 headset.

But wait, you wouldn't know about that, would ya!?
Haha jkjk, I had to.

Zeek123
Nov 14, 2009, 01:04 AM
God I hate life right now. Stupid adhoc party.

Volcompat321
Nov 14, 2009, 01:21 AM
Lmao. It still not working for ya? :(