PDA

View Full Version : Returning to PSU! I has questions...

Aristerix
Nov 7, 2009, 01:10 AM
I have gaming ADD so I come and go.. but seeing as how PSU has lots of updates I missed, I want to return! I've been gone for 2 yearsish. Anyways, I'm downloading the 360 multiplayer demo thingy right now.

Will my character data be playable if I transfer to the full version before the end of the month? I doubt many of you know much about the demo but its always good to ask.

How much will I be spending to be able to play online? I figured I need about 16 dollars for the game(Used). Money for content(the expansion), and then some money for my hunters license.

PS2/PC - those are linked right? And 360 is on its on servers? I think I answered my own question...

How is the game compared to when it first came out?
I see the level cap has been raised to 170ish, when when I first started playing the level cap was like.. 60. Plus the expansion, I totally missed out on that. I quit because I didn't feel there was much to do, plus I was usually alone and had nobody to play with. D:

Shang
Nov 7, 2009, 02:05 AM
Hmm, I only started playing this game a few months ago so I have no idea how it was at first. If you plan to play the demo, though you'll have to deal with meseta drops so small you can't even afford monomates, scams left and right trying to cheat people out of what meseta they do have, and people selling nude pics on xbox live for meseta. Also, expect a lot of soloing in the demo. It's depressing, but it's true.

My advice is to skip the demo altogether, get the game used, download Ambitions of the Illuminus from xblm (can't remember how many microsoft points it was), and pay 10 bucks for a month of PSU online. A month should be more than enough to see if you like the changes. As far as character data goes, did you mean to ask if your 2 year-old character data would be transferred over or if your demo data would be transferred? No data whatsoever is transferred from the demo; however, that's not necessarily bad. You could spend months on the demo and earn what you did there in a day on the real game. And as far as older character data goes, a lot of people have had old character data deleted after not playing for so long. A new character is probably your only option. If you're on at some point, message my gamertag Senestus. I might have time to do some runs with you.

Xefi
Nov 7, 2009, 02:21 AM
Ps2/Pc are linked and X360 is on its own server as you say.
If you can wait, i suggest you wait for the next event when more
people come back. It's more fun when there is actually parties to join.
The next event is probably MAG+ which is coming out somewhere
in December, hopefully.

Aristerix
Nov 7, 2009, 02:29 AM
Yeah I just went on the demo. Hopefully these kind of people aren't on the actual servers.

tadtwisted
Nov 7, 2009, 02:31 AM
most of the demo people dont pay for the full game and if they do they are gone in about 2-3 months

Shang
Nov 7, 2009, 05:20 AM
It's better that way. Besides, I'd hate to go back to getting monomates from failed syntheses XD. As soon as I got the actual game and online, the demo was forever deleted.

Pwincess
Nov 7, 2009, 10:35 PM
download Ambitions of the Illuminus from xblm (can't remember how many microsoft points it was)

800 mp. ^_^