PDA

View Full Version : So when did they 'fix' the rare missions?

Smidge204
Nov 7, 2009, 04:34 PM
So I noticed that one of my characters has a rare mission available, but not the other three. I distinctly remember it used to be that when one character on an account got the flag, it was available on all characters on the same account. What gives?

The real kicker is the flag is stuck on a character that didn't even earn it!

This isn't the first time I noticed this, actually, but the last time it happened it was available for only three characters out of the four. I chalked it up to a typical bug type thing... but this is a bit worse.
=Smidge=

WHlTEKNIGHT
Nov 7, 2009, 06:02 PM
....... Its only available on the character that found it not the account lol

NDW
Nov 7, 2009, 06:06 PM

This.

Smidge204
Nov 7, 2009, 06:45 PM

Except:

I distinctly remember it used to be that when one character on an account got the flag, it was available on all characters on the same account.

Specifically, shortly after they first added the notification. I had gotten the flag and swapped characters several times.

And again, the character it's available on is not the character it was originally awarded to. It can't be, because he's never been on any missions before. (I have one other character that's also never been through any missions, and he doesn't have the flag).

So unless there's some mechanism where a character that's never been played before can get a rare mission flag, there's something screwy here.
=Smidge=

Pwincess
Nov 7, 2009, 10:31 PM
That's very strange!
I'm not sure what level your other characters are, but if you are able to delete them and recreate them after the event, you'd be sure to get the rare mission for your specific character.

I doubt that'll help seeing it's kinda crazy, but it's the only advice I could come up with >_<

Volcompat321
Nov 7, 2009, 11:14 PM
I've never heard or remembered it as, get the flag, and use it on different characters.

If that were the case, I would have used many rare flags on characters 75+ but still needed levels, so I can get the awesome exp, and possibly a red unit.

I think you might be mistaken.
Or-
You've had a bug this whole time, which worked in your favor.
The last one, very doubtful.

Powder Keg
Nov 8, 2009, 12:19 AM
It was never available on any character on the account--only the one you found it on.

The_Brimada
Nov 8, 2009, 07:39 AM
Except:

Specifically, shortly after they first added the notification. I had gotten the flag and swapped characters several times.

And again, the character it's available on is not the character it was originally awarded to. It can't be, because he's never been on any missions before. (I have one other character that's also never been through any missions, and he doesn't have the flag).

So unless there's some mechanism where a character that's never been played before can get a rare mission flag, there's something screwy here.
=Smidge=

For the character that has never been played, was there ever a different character in the same character slot prior? If so, maybe they got the flag and it carried over. Kinda like how my MAG char kill count carried over when I recreated my char during the event maybe. *shrug*

As for the every character having the flag thing before, it has never been that way. Only thing I can think of is maybe you flagged it on every char(before notifications), but wasn't the leader so just didn't notice it until you had become the leader. Then again if the flag appeared on a character you never played it still wouldn't make much sense(unless what I said in the first portion of this post is true)

Neith
Nov 8, 2009, 07:52 AM
As many people have said, rare mission flags were only for the character that was awarded it, and it has always been this way. The only 'change' as such is that now you can run other missions and not lose the rare mission flag, whereas before you would lose the rare mission if you started any other one.

Q.U.I.C.K.S.I.L.V.E.R
Nov 8, 2009, 07:21 PM
As many people have said, rare mission flags were only for the character that was awarded it, and it has always been this way. The only 'change' as such is that now you can run other missions and not lose the rare mission flag, whereas before you would lose the rare mission if you started any other one.I didn't think that was entirely true though because I had received the rare mission and quite honestyly, forgot about it. A day later after running a few missions in the GBR I ended doing it by myself.

Delete
Nov 8, 2009, 08:48 PM
I didn't think that was entirely true though because I had received the rare mission and quite honestyly, forgot about it. A day later after running a few missions in the GBR I ended doing it by myself.

They were talking about how the old rare maps used to work. Now, you can get a rare map and do any mission and it'll still be there like ya said.

Of course if you meant that you did this when they first came out, then all I can think of is this. You said you did a run and got a rare map. You did some more runs and you lost the rare map but after completing said runs, you got it again. That's the best I got.

ChibiBecca
Nov 9, 2009, 01:51 PM
I did come across a person a few days ago who'd gotten flagged for a rare mission, went out to grab some people to help them in it, and yet somehow 'lost' the rare. they said it had definately fallen to that character, that they hadn't tried to start the mission and quit.. so no idea what happened there. o-o;

Volcompat321
Nov 9, 2009, 02:22 PM
I did come across a person a few days ago who'd gotten flagged for a rare mission, went out to grab some people to help them in it, and yet somehow 'lost' the rare. they said it had definately fallen to that character, that they hadn't tried to start the mission and quit.. so no idea what happened there. o-o;

That was probably someone that wanted to run with friends, and was afraid to just say it.
Most likely.

Skorn
Nov 10, 2009, 01:09 PM
You only get the rare mission on the character you ran the mission on and got it. They fixed that I believe when they fixed the rare mission tag or slightly before.(maybe)