PDA

View Full Version : Grah!!!! Freaking condescending a-holes!!!

Mutt12
Nov 8, 2009, 02:30 AM
So I decide to check out PSU after about a year of not being on. I decide to start a new character because it's boring playing a fully leveled character. Anyways I'm hanging out at the GC and made the observation that the servers are vastly underpopulated these days which some girl with the online name of (baleeted) starts going on about how "complainers" like me are the reason there's no players around (the GM's told allegedly told her so). Anyways she starts going on a condescending rampage talking about how her uncle works at Sega and how I don't know anything because I'm just a lvl 20.

Good grief, I know it's probably just some know-nothing knowitall teenager, but good fracking lord, did she ever get under my skin.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 8, 2009, 02:54 AM
Silly rabbit, games are for kids and not for kids.

No reason to, but fact checking the Uncle @ Sega part, easy enough. (How about no. Or if you were already being caught up in it, ask where: SF Sega? Or the other one. ORLY to both)
Fact checking the girl on Internet game with female avatars part, almost the same thing.
Voice chat? Text chat?

An argument over a fact, "servers don't have many players," using "Uncle @ Sega(said so)" and not arguing the fact but that someone said it and its upsetting, heh. You could have at best grabbed a party mate to a mission, maybe go back to your room/store/etc. in game.

Blacklist by users in the lobby with you, optional per how upset you were at what wasn't much in retrospect.

And perhaps remove the playername from your Rant. No reason to namedrop even for the circumstances.

Mutt12
Nov 8, 2009, 03:06 AM
Silly rabbit, games are for kids and not for kids.

No reason to, but fact checking the Uncle @ Sega part, easy enough. (How about no. Or if you were already being caught up in it, ask where: SF Sega? Or the other one. ORLY to both)
Fact checking the girl on Internet game with female avatars part, almost the same thing.
Voice chat? Text chat?

An argument over a fact, "servers don't have many players," using "Uncle @ Sega(said so)" and not arguing the fact but that someone said it and its upsetting, heh. You could have at best grabbed a party mate to a mission, maybe go back to your room/store/etc. in game.

Blacklist by users in the lobby with you, optional per how upset you were at what wasn't much in retrospect.

And perhaps remove the playername from your Rant. No reason to namedrop even for the circumstances.

Oh I know with certainty this person has no "uncle at Sega". No more than any of the fuckwits on the Sonic newsgroups in the late 1990's that made similar claims. And yeah, I so blacklisted her. Just not sure why it irritated me so much. Usually when someone acts like a freakin' child, I shrug and ignore them. And yeah I typed the name without thinking. I'll remove that.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 8, 2009, 03:11 AM
No worries.

For next time, you could even have "for privacy's sake - names removed/changed (to something hilarious)" to at least take your mind off it, the edge off, as you're Ranting!

This Niece from SEGA HQ said...

Mutt12
Nov 8, 2009, 03:51 AM
No worries.

For next time, you could even have "for privacy's sake - names removed/changed (to something hilarious)" to at least take your mind off it, the edge off, as you're Ranting!

This Niece from SEGA HQ said...

Eh. I'm not so peeved about it now, but for some reason it really got under my skin at the time. Usually high school level BS like that doesn't get to me. And I shoulod of used better judgement when I said the name.

Kent
Nov 8, 2009, 12:47 PM
...That's great, heh. If the servers are underpopulated, and it's because of complainers... That means they're doing it right?

Delete
Nov 10, 2009, 05:15 PM
Eh. I'm not so peeved about it now, but for some reason it really got under my skin at the time. Usually high school level BS like that doesn't get to me. And I shoulod of used better judgement when I said the name.

Sounds like me. Sometimes I'll play a game like Halo and I'll get Teabagged and I will get so pissed off and start cussing them out. Then there are the days I don't give a Crap. I think it boils down to the fact that we can take but so much before we snap.

Gibdozer
Nov 14, 2009, 09:26 AM
So you're the fucking complainer that killed the God dam servers! My Grandma cleans the bathrooms at Sonic Teams HQ tomorrow shes putting the word out on you, right after she refills the shit tickets.

Kent
Nov 14, 2009, 07:21 PM
Maybe we should lace our complaints with praises about Phantasy Star Portable 2.

If we're lucky, they might just do something crazy like releasing it on the Xbox Live Arcade - complete with no monthly fee and everything. :wacko:

Nitro Vordex
Nov 14, 2009, 07:25 PM
right after she refills the shit tickets.
I laughed way harder than I should have.

Shit tickets.