PDA

View Full Version : Gears 2 - New Update

Powder Keg
Nov 8, 2009, 03:26 AM
I pop in Gears 2 (like I do all the time) to play some Execution, and I notice that they have all of the multiplayer game modes separated now (like Execution and Warzone) instead of voting for them. I think ah, that's pretty cool, so I start a pavillion match.

Some guy on the other team downed me almost instantly with what I THOUGHT was the Hammerburst, and it was even fast for that. So I wrote it off as lag and started the next round. Same thing happaned again, and the dude was using a Lancer. They changed EVERYTHING in this game with the update. Shotguns were nerfed and don't do shit, the Lancer is more useful than a power weapon, and everyone starts with crap for ammo.

It's unreal how a game I've loved playing for such a long time was instantly made unplayable in a single update. This update is fucking garbage And this is coming from someone who wasn't exactly the most successful player pre-update (0.6 Kill/Death ratio)

Lag is 1000x more noticable now that damage for some of these crappy weapons is pretty much doubled. And trust me....lag was always a bad enough factor in this game.

Oh well...just in time for Modern Warfare 2 and Left 4 Dead 2....right?

SpikeOtacon
Nov 8, 2009, 03:35 AM
Sorry about that man, I wish I could share your pain but I stuck with Horde mode on GoW2 almost exclusively. Shame to hear they managed to mangle that even worse than it already was.

Remember half our wait times for matchmaking? I sure do.

Powder Keg
Nov 8, 2009, 03:44 AM
The changes carried over to Horde as well. Although I'm hearing from a few people as I read around that the game changes are only temporary for the anniversary event (3x experience). But I don't know if they plan on leaving the game changes in or not....it'd be sweet if they didn't.

Horde was cool if you had people you know to help you out. Otherwise it either takes forever to find a team of people or get a host who likes to just randomly end it after a few waves.

BIG OLAF
Nov 8, 2009, 10:36 AM
Yes, it's just an anniversary event where all players start with 1/2 the ammo guns usually have, but bullets do more damage. It'll go away soon enough.

Delete
Nov 10, 2009, 05:19 PM
Yes, it's just an anniversary event where all players start with 1/2 the ammo guns usually have, but bullets do more damage. It'll go away soon enough.

This.

I was just playing too and was wondering wth was going on lol.

Powder Keg
Nov 10, 2009, 05:33 PM
I really like the 3x exp, but I can't stand dropping in seconds from someone's Lancer, and not getting the same result when I try it.

The lag being magnified x300 is making it unplayable right now.

Delete
Nov 10, 2009, 07:30 PM
Yeah, the Exp is nice seeing as I'm only a level 38. But like you said, The Lancer just plain sucks right now. Not sure why they didn't just do like they did last time ( a crapload of Sires in Hoard mode + Double xp).

AC9breaker
Nov 12, 2009, 05:26 PM
You know when Gears 2 first came out I was all excited about the multiplayer. But as I played more matches, the lag in the game and the connection problems I frequently encountered just drove me up the wall to the point that I felt like a chump for buying the combustible map pack. Eventually I stopped playing it all together. I think this was just before they changed the ranking system to the numbered version.