PDA

View Full Version : Buying Luck

SuperRygar
Nov 9, 2009, 01:45 PM
Every once and a while I go and buy some luck and I'm always curious as to how it works. Is it possible to get max luck from the cheapest option? Is it more likely to give max luck from the expensive option?

Does anybody else do this alot? Share your experiences :)

GreenArcher
Nov 9, 2009, 02:20 PM
As far as I know, anything is possible from any option, however you are more likely to have better results from the most expensive option.

Shou
Nov 9, 2009, 03:03 PM
Actually, the more money you pay, the longer the new luck will last. If you are looking for 3* luck, pay the minimum fee. Unless Edward has something to say about that too...

DragonStriker
Nov 9, 2009, 03:21 PM
Actually, the more money you pay, the longer the new luck will last. If you are looking for 3* luck, pay the minimum fee. Unless Edward has something to say about that too...

The more expensive the luck the higher the chance of a better result. That's why you rarely see miniholy on Pine. As far as I know the different types you choose from do not effect the duration of your luck.

Shou
Nov 9, 2009, 03:24 PM
Huh. Never tested it. I have just always gone by what we were told by the beta players for AOI before it came out. xD I never even bother to go and buy luck. Seems like a waste of time except for grinding. :o

SuperRygar
Nov 9, 2009, 03:29 PM
Why even bother paying less then? 10k is a drop in the bucket.

Is that proven, the higher one gives longer luck?

What are the actual timeframes?

Is there any other resource for this info, that anybody knows of?

Volcompat321
Nov 9, 2009, 04:04 PM
It does give longer luck.
Say you pay 10k, and then oh no! You got 1* luck for 12 hours.

Tianna
Nov 9, 2009, 04:07 PM
As far as I know the different types you choose from do not effect the duration of your luck.

I have actually tested this myself. The more you pay fo luck the longer it lasts. It seems that the lower cost luck, Pine is it?, last like 6 hours. The midlle one is 9 hours and the highest one is 12 hours. This is what I base my luck buying on, not the better chance for megaholy. Say I log on at 6am, I'll buy the highest and I have a chance to try again at 6pm.

Keilyn
Nov 9, 2009, 05:15 PM
I've also noticed that its more common to get +2 luck at times....and causes Luck 2 to revert to Luck 0...But I hardly see luck 0 come out from starting as Luck 0.

I've also noticed that the chance is small for the luck gain to be +3 from 0, with an average case on the most expensive option being +2. However...I can't comment on the least expensive options. I've always spent the 10K to change luck and I usually try it on Luck 0 or 1.

Shou
Nov 10, 2009, 02:12 AM
I have actually tested this myself. The more you pay fo luck the longer it lasts. It seems that the lower cost luck, Pine is it?, last like 6 hours. The midlle one is 9 hours and the highest one is 12 hours. This is what I base my luck buying on, not the better chance for megaholy. Say I log on at 6am, I'll buy the highest and I have a chance to try again at 6pm.
Yeah thats what I thought.

6_8_10
Nov 10, 2009, 06:34 AM
I've never gotten 0 luck from the 10k option, I have from the cheapest option. Doesn't mean it isn't possible, I just haven't seen it happen. Also, the more you pay, the longer it lasts- I think Tiann's numbers a few posts up are correct.

SuperRygar
Nov 10, 2009, 06:02 PM
I see...thing is for me, I would never play more than 6 hours, I only even get time to play a few hours a night. So buying the cheap luck incase of failure doesnt really matter to me. But hey, whatever blows your bubble. Maybe I'l start keeping track of my results. Im pretty sure I have gotten 0 luck from Pine because I always pick Pine and I remember getting all levels of luck. Could just be I happened to hit that 1% chance of getting 0 luck. Keeping track of what luck you had before AND after is a great idea tho! ^.^

Tek[+]Lok
Nov 10, 2009, 09:12 PM
I miss the luck materials from PSO except that was for critical hits... They should just do that on PSU and have it relate to drop rate increase.

Chuck_Norris
Nov 11, 2009, 04:23 AM
The more expensive the luck the higher the chance of a better result. That's why you rarely see miniholy on Pine. As far as I know the different types you choose from do not effect the duration of your luck.

Bull.
Shit.

Every time I went to that bitch I bought the most expensive one, and I usually got 0-1 luck. I can think of about 4 occasions I got 3 luck from any of her options.

NiceOnes
Nov 11, 2009, 11:24 AM
Damn... That's bad luck Chuck!

I would guess on average that I get 3* once in every five 10K purchases when using my male cast...

I can only think of a handfull of times when my male newman has received 3* though come to think of it......

DuRaL
Nov 11, 2009, 03:48 PM
i've never got 0* luck from the 10k option, and i buy luck every day i play..
i didn't even know you could get 0* until i tried one of the cheaper options xD

i don't know in detail how this luck-thingy works, tho, i just stick with the 10k option as it's not much difference (what's 10kl meseta anyway?) and it seems to be the best..
at least i often get good results from it ^^

oh, and i can confirm that 10k luck lasts longer than the cheaper options, too

Allison_W
Nov 11, 2009, 05:33 PM
Yesterday she gave me 3* luck twice. I chose the most expensive option each time.