PDA

View Full Version : Hows PC Server Looking?

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Nov 10, 2009, 11:49 AM
Hiya all,

It's been a while as i've been addicted to Champions Online recently. i'm thinking of renewing my subscription, but I wanna know how the PC/PS2 servers are doing? 2 or 3 months ago even with an event on they seemed near enough dead :( My friend says 360 is very much alive but I sold my 360 a few months ago.

I just don't know what to do, i Miss busy PSU, none of my friends play online anymore on PSU but i'd not wanna go onto a 360 server and loose 600+ hours of characters on PC PSU.

Thanks,

Tifa

Ruru
Nov 10, 2009, 11:59 AM
PC/PS2 server is pretty much running on fumes. you'll see 1 full star on uni 2 at peak hours at best, and mostly during the weekend. during the week you'll see a half star on most uni's.

During this GBR though i saw a star and a half on uni 2 a few times.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Nov 10, 2009, 12:15 PM
Hiya again,

D'oh thats really not looking heopfuly :( My friends been bragging to me about 360 servers being so crowded and I really miss there being an actual PSU community. Hm I may well renew my subscription for a month, see how it goes. Are there any events on at the moment?

Thanks,

Tifa

Ruru
Nov 10, 2009, 12:28 PM
The only "event" going on atm is the colony GBR. Not exactly a real event but yeah. you'll find most people on uni 2 4th floor/hive 3/dallgun plaza/rykros if you decided to resub now.

i've heard that 360 has been losing people as well, but not nearly as rapidly or as much as the PC/PS2 side.

Shou
Nov 10, 2009, 12:45 PM
Our active population more than doubled when we recieved the recent GBR. That proves that many, many people come back for events. If we can get 2 stars during MAG+ on the opening weekend, that would be awsome.

The population is still big enough to have low prices on weapons and gear and find open parties if you have a higher lvl carecter.

You run into problems, with our population, when you want to buy the best weapons the game can offer, and when you want to find low lvl parties when there is not an event active.

The PC server feels like a legit private server to me.

Ruru
Nov 10, 2009, 12:50 PM
Our active population more than doubled when we recieved the recent GBR. That proves that many, many people come back for events. If we can get 2 stars during MAG+ on the opening weekend, that would be awsome.

Would be nice. let's just hope they stick around if it does happen.

str898mustang
Nov 10, 2009, 01:03 PM
The PC server feels like a legit private server to me.

agreed

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Nov 10, 2009, 01:13 PM
Hiya all,

Thanks for all the info, just subscribing again now ^_^

Tifa

str898mustang
Nov 10, 2009, 01:44 PM
Hiya all,

Thanks for all the info, just subscribing again now ^_^

Tifa

glad to have ya back!

BahnKnakyu
Nov 10, 2009, 03:56 PM
Yeah, it's pretty dead. The release of PSP2 demo and the retail release next month ain't gonna help either.

SuperRygar
Nov 10, 2009, 03:57 PM
I came back to find that GBR is going on. At the time I came back I maybe 3 people on my list ever online. So as I do runs with ppl in GBR I get their cards. So far I've made a few good friends which will be there when GBR is over. I say do this as much as possible, use GBR to find ppl to run with after its over

Tek[+]Lok
Nov 10, 2009, 09:31 PM
I think people generally consider PSU too time consuming. When an event comes up that has increase experience or drop rate bonuses it gets peoples attention. Maybe they need to make a new spotlight or special quest like every single week.

Krupp
Nov 10, 2009, 10:08 PM
Welcome back to the game! PSU/PC is low in population, but when you meet some new people in the GBR your card list won't be so blacked out. Anyways hope to see you on!