PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 PSU

unicorn
Nov 10, 2009, 06:17 PM
Hmmm, I'm unsatisfied with PC PSU. I have no friends to play with. I can't make em. I've been playing PSO on a certain private server that I can't mention, and I've enjoyed it muuuch more than PSU, and I have no problems meeting people there. Something about PSU PC seems very unwelcoming... ><

SO basiiically, what I'm asking is... is 360 any good? I actually have an account for it (and I've been paying for it, just not PLAYING....too lazy to deal with Microsoft through the phone). I really dont want to lvl my techs all over from lvl 1, but I have no choice really.

I did play it the other day though, and it felt sooo smooth and crisp, and looked gorgeous. D= AND THERE WAS LIKE....5x more players

SuperRygar
Nov 10, 2009, 06:29 PM
I think you answered your own question. You dont like PC side because of lack of people. You've played it on 360 and there's more people AND its got great graphics. I'm sure most people will say yes, 360 has more people in general. Just reading other threads I can tell that's the general feeling. Even the Player Matchup section is like 90% 360 threads :/ But yea, starting over is such a pain. It might not even be totally worth it in the end

Shou
Nov 10, 2009, 06:41 PM
Lu I didn't see you at any of the recent events. There were lots of active players there. There are between 200 and 300 people online right now. :o

beatrixkiddo
Nov 10, 2009, 06:45 PM
The slowdown kills it for me.

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 10, 2009, 08:23 PM
On the bright side, it's incredibly easy to get a buff party started on the 360 server...

SuperRygar
Nov 10, 2009, 08:58 PM
The slowdown kills it for me.

Slowdown on which platform?

unicorn
Nov 12, 2009, 12:20 AM
Lu I didn't see you at any of the recent events. There were lots of active players there. There are between 200 and 300 people online right now. :o

I played during STD and the Festas. I havent taken any part of the GBRs since they are always for the higher lvled players anyway, so my characters can't really benefit from the GBRs really (especially since I can never find a party lol).

Pwincess
Nov 13, 2009, 12:52 AM
Ahhh.
well the 360 has a bunch of cool people on it, and it's easy to get along with most people. Plus, if your not one for talking, i'd say about 80% of the people type mostly in parties, so yeah.
If you need help on the 360 side, lemme know. I can help you level. ^_^

Zarode
Nov 13, 2009, 01:17 AM
Slowdown on which platform?

The 360 version has horrible slowdown, akin to the PS2 version.

Ellea
Nov 13, 2009, 08:37 PM
I played during STD and the Festas. I havent taken any part of the GBRs since they are always for the higher lvled players anyway, so my characters can't really benefit from the GBRs really (especially since I can never find a party lol).

I have been, and can still easily find a party. My Newman MF is only level 129 and she does fine.

Q.U.I.C.K.S.I.L.V.E.R
Nov 13, 2009, 08:44 PM
For sure, 360 would definately be a good switch. Hell, I'll put in the time to help you out in any way I can too. ^^

Shou
Nov 13, 2009, 08:53 PM
I'm talking about player events. :rolleyes:

tadtwisted
Nov 13, 2009, 09:39 PM
this is what gets me mad at SEGA, from what i can tell the only people on the PC/PS2 side are playing on the PC. So why not just drop the PS2 support and move everyone on one server, like the do for universe at war which is xbox360/PC. The only reason we are all not on one server is microsoft wont let ps2/ps3 people hook up to the xbox live service (even though they are not using xbox live it still leaves a port open) So for the love of god just drop PS2 support and combine the servers.

also when the supp. updatde comes out PS2 players wont be even able to play it.

And no im not a sony hater, i just like having common sense

Squirrel3D
Nov 13, 2009, 11:46 PM
Well it doesn't get any better on the Xbox 360. Right as I'm typing, Universe 1 only has 3 stars as of 11:42pm eastern U.S. time on November 13 2009. You wanna know where some of the people are in the middle of a GBR.....White Beast. Who didn't predict that one?

The rest are made up of idiots and eletists tonight. Everyone else is ether playing PSZero or MW2.

Looks like most of the population are done with GBR and are ready for something more interesting. Here I am with Meilin Thomas and her 46% going into a random party only to be kicked out by a psychonut eletist even though the name of the party said "43%".

That is the state of PSU right now, and it kinda makes me want my $10 back.....

str898mustang
Nov 13, 2009, 11:53 PM
this is what gets me mad at SEGA, from what i can tell the only people on the PC/PS2 side are playing on the PC. So why not just drop the PS2 support and move everyone on one server, like the do for universe at war which is xbox360/PC. The only reason we are all not on one server is microsoft wont let ps2/ps3 people hook up to the xbox live service (even though they are not using xbox live it still leaves a port open) So for the love of god just drop PS2 support and combine the servers.

also when the supp. updatde comes out PS2 players wont be even able to play it.

And no im not a sony hater, i just like having common sense

the combining of the servers will never happen......and I'm glad it wont ........if any combining it would be the PC servers with the JP servers.

tadtwisted
Nov 14, 2009, 12:00 AM
the combining of the servers will never happen......and I'm glad it wont ........if any combining it would be the PC servers with the JP servers.

how do you figure the JP servers are like a year ahead of us, that would never happen, but like you said it wont happen so dont worry about it

Keilyn
Nov 14, 2009, 12:21 AM
The problem also is that PC users are an incentive bunch. I am a PC user and I will say that if one plays PSU its because they see potential and they like the game...

...but sega doesn't realize just how far ahead PC gamers are with their options and games...and the limitations placed in this game are what bother me at times...even though they serve for balance. They made the PC game be a PS2 port but didn't bother to give PC users anything customary in PC games....

...and players don't spend 700 - 2000 dollars to play a game at 1280 x 720 and point-filtering based graphics. The ones that do...like myself play this game because we like it....in a way that it competes and it favors....vs other PC games.

When you see the population of the PC/PS2 servers...you have 53K ID numbers.....and it proves something....That while many Sega Fanboys say PSU is a super great game...The numbers don't lie...

Many people are gone outside of events on the PC/PS2 side of the game...and around half that number probably are PS2. If you look at the 26K who may be PC gamers...most of them gone...probably around 100 - 200 left on the PC end of things....

What it means is 26K originally chose to play this game at one point over other PC games...which is a proof of how console games ported to PC are absolute failures to the PC gamer....Its a whole different market.

DreXxiN
Nov 14, 2009, 12:23 AM
Wouldn't ever sacrifice how good 720p PSU looks on my TV on PC with 60 FPS constantly. My computer isn't even that good either, but going to 360 would be terrible personally, although I'm not subbed to either.

SegaK2
Nov 16, 2009, 03:51 PM
Are the frame rate issues still there if you install to Hard Disk for the 360 (a feature that wasn't available at game launch back in the day)...