PDA

View Full Version : Any PSU Regulars Getting PSZ/PSP2?

pinkace
Nov 11, 2009, 09:28 PM
I just got PSZ and will get PSP2. I went over to the PSZ/PSP2 boards and I didn't recognize anyone. Would like to play with some of the regulars of 360 / PSU Board. This would also be a good way to finally cross blades with the PS2/PC crowd!

Dragwind
Nov 11, 2009, 09:29 PM
I picked up PSZ today. I think I'll be putting more time into PSZ for a while.

ChibiBecca
Nov 11, 2009, 10:11 PM
PSZ seems to be hiding from canada right now, hoping to find a copy in the next week.

Xefi
Nov 11, 2009, 10:13 PM
PSP2 is a 100% must get for me when it gets over here
in the U.S. somewhere next year...

I'm still thinking of getting PSZ or not yet. I'll just have to
wait and see.

beatrixkiddo
Nov 11, 2009, 11:22 PM
I bought PSZ. Sort of... meh about it. I'm not even through the first quest though, so.

Noblewine
Nov 12, 2009, 12:02 AM
I'm getting PSZ tomorrow and I can't wait to see the game mechanics and story. I've played PS:P and I love the adjustment and difficulty.

Ruru
Nov 12, 2009, 12:13 AM
i'll get PSZ at some point. I don't have a PSP atm so i don't know if/when i'll be getting PS:P2 if ever.

unicorn
Nov 12, 2009, 12:18 AM
I got PSZ today ^^ still getting used to it and tryin to see what race I want to play as n stuff.

zandra117
Nov 12, 2009, 12:55 AM
Im getting both eventually, I dont have a DS currently so I'll get one with PSZ whenever I get enough money for both, I already have a PSP so I'm definitely getting PSP2 on release whenever it comes west.

Volcompat321
Nov 12, 2009, 12:58 AM
I'll be getting PS:P2.
No on the PSZ, I don't own, or wish to own a DS.

Keilyn
Nov 12, 2009, 01:22 AM
I refuse to buy both, not because they aren't good games...but because I will not spend money on handhelds (PSP, DS) when they easilly could have been made to be released multi-platform like most games are released today.

I don't have enough time for them and I'd rather teach Sega a lesson by not buying any of their future products and spreading the world. The reason Infrastructure mode is free is because a lot of people complained about having to pay money to play handheld games online....A lot of games offer free service online to compete with the games you have to pay to play online that fall on the handheld market...

...Due to this enough people say "enough is enough" and thus no real company would dare to charge you to play handheld online games while some jerks in consoles/PC roleplaying will spend time trying to convince you why you should pay monthly fees to such games when the game guild wars has 6 - 7 million subscribers and never have charged a dime in online subscription fees and have servers all around the world.

...so yes...I refuse to be part of the group of people who buys more products from a company knowing full well that the service in one of their products one pays monthly fees on isn't synchronized or balanced...

Pardon the Discrimination, but when Americans and Europeans make game...their initial releases tend to be to their own parts....but usually by the time the first expansion is released, there is a universal release on the expansion and updates...meaning all versions globaly fall under the same version at one point for RPGs, Shooters and RTS games...

Japan keeps making games where their population always gets more advanced updates while they water down other versions and handle their updating differently....and when press releases occur...its always about how great the Japanese version is doing without mention of other versions...which is a slap in the face....

Why do we have to be losers in order for them to be winners? I just don't understand....I would play PSU-Japan, but that is the very same as admitting that we shouldn't care about non-japanese versions since we are willing to go the extra mile to play in Japan. This is how any Executive would view it.....

So, I will play PSU..only because some exist who I like..I like the people I've come to know more in PSU...than the game itself..and it is the reason that I stay and play the game. For the people....not the game itself.

Omega_Weltall
Nov 12, 2009, 01:28 AM
i got it, i was bashing it for its character design in early screen shots but i like it.

Allison_W
Nov 12, 2009, 02:14 AM
I preordered PSZ, and it's already been shipped. Just... hasn't gotten here yet.

I won't be importing PSP2, but I'll be preordering the US version (assuming there is one, of course) ASAP.

Akumamaru
Nov 12, 2009, 02:22 AM
im getting PSZ next week ^^

Gunslinger-08
Nov 12, 2009, 04:36 AM
I'll get it this weekend, but with the demands my classes have been placing on me lately, I might not really get to play it until Christmas break.

The Praetor
Nov 12, 2009, 05:42 AM
I refuse to buy both, not because they aren't good games...but because I will not spend money on handhelds (PSP, DS) when they easilly could have been made to be released multi-platform like most games are released today.

I don't have enough time for them and I'd rather teach Sega a lesson by not buying any of their future products and spreading the world. The reason Infrastructure mode is free is because a lot of people complained about having to pay money to play handheld games online....A lot of games offer free service online to compete with the games you have to pay to play online that fall on the handheld market...

...Due to this enough people say "enough is enough" and thus no real company would dare to charge you to play handheld online games while some jerks in consoles/PC roleplaying will spend time trying to convince you why you should pay monthly fees to such games when the game guild wars has 6 - 7 million subscribers and never have charged a dime in online subscription fees and have servers all around the world.

...so yes...I refuse to be part of the group of people who buys more products from a company knowing full well that the service in one of their products one pays monthly fees on isn't synchronized or balanced...

Pardon the Discrimination, but when Americans and Europeans make game...their initial releases tend to be to their own parts....but usually by the time the first expansion is released, there is a universal release on the expansion and updates...meaning all versions globaly fall under the same version at one point for RPGs, Shooters and RTS games...

Japan keeps making games where their population always gets more advanced updates while they water down other versions and handle their updating differently....and when press releases occur...its always about how great the Japanese version is doing without mention of other versions...which is a slap in the face....

Why do we have to be losers in order for them to be winners? I just don't understand....I would play PSU-Japan, but that is the very same as admitting that we shouldn't care about non-japanese versions since we are willing to go the extra mile to play in Japan. This is how any Executive would view it.....

So, I will play PSU..only because some exist who I like..I like the people I've come to know more in PSU...than the game itself..and it is the reason that I stay and play the game. For the people....not the game itself.

Simple, you are now paying the price for the beat-down they were handed almost 65 years ago... There are a lot of bruised egos from so long ago... :caterpillar:

biggabertha
Nov 12, 2009, 07:01 AM
I want both - I already have Phantasy Star Portable and I'm really enthusiastic about the sequel.

It's just too bad that you need a new console in order to play it, heh.

On the other hand though - most people will be going onto FFXIV, Aion or WoW so... Phantasy Star may not be lasting very long after these two games.

Alnet
Nov 12, 2009, 12:53 PM
I'm not really a PSU regular anymore, but I do really want to get PSP2. The demo is practically mouthwatering. I just hope that if it gets localized for Region 1 (and it probably will) that they keep the product tie-ins (at least the Fate/Stay Night one, I'm an unapologetic TYPE-MOON fan). I'm probably asking for too much, though.

I have no plans to get PS0. This has become a point of contention with other PSU friends, who are upset with me about my decision. Nothing about PS0 has any appeal to my aesthetic tastes. It has the same kind of effect on me that the transition of Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow to Dawn of Sorrow had (at least in terms art/character design). If I can hardly stand to even look at the game, then I'm not going to be especially motivated to play it, especially in a game like Phantasy Star's online series where appearance really matters a lot.

It's not like I use my DS much in the first place. And I guess that's going to continue.

Squirrel3D
Nov 12, 2009, 09:49 PM
Yes I will get both since I own both a PSP (slim 3000) and DSi (give it a chance people).

Zeek123
Nov 13, 2009, 04:00 AM
I'll get PSZ around X-mas cause I haven't touched my DS in months.

And PSP2 is a no brainer.

Arika
Nov 13, 2009, 04:47 AM
PSP:2 Jp ver for me

Criss
Nov 13, 2009, 06:54 AM
I'm passing on PSZ, but I'm definitely moving on to PS:P2 when the localized version is released next year.

Will_Nonheim
Nov 13, 2009, 07:48 AM
PS0 whenever it comes out here. They had the strategy guide but not the game in local gaming stores yesterday, how... stupid. @_@;

SuperRygar
Nov 13, 2009, 12:00 PM
I dont think PSz is worth buying a DS for. Sure its 'PS' but the gfx aren't the greatest, even by DS standards. And enemies dont drop items, what's up with that! You only get items from boxes, or at least from what I've seen so far. Im gonna play it though, because it was free (for me)^.^

gratefulgriz
Nov 13, 2009, 02:36 PM
i dont have a DS yet, but I will get one for PS: Z prob with next pay check. ALso, I am taking a break from PSU I do miss it though

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 13, 2009, 07:44 PM
PSP:2 Jp ver for me

Same... pre-ordered with 2-day express shipping! I didn't import PSZ, however, and I really doubt I will buy that game. My DS is my alarm clock and nothing more for two years.

Kenbog
Nov 13, 2009, 07:55 PM
Ill be playing everything phantasy star related

Still got a ton of things to do on PSU
Started a new character on PSZ(JP)
And...
Ill be importing PS:P 2 as well.

Totori
Nov 13, 2009, 08:05 PM
i'm thinking about trying out PSZ but i'm not that sure if I should or not....

PSP2 is a "BUY" for me though.

Mia-chan
Nov 13, 2009, 09:57 PM
i WAS a psu regular... i quit over the summer though.

i got pszero. its really fun in my opinion :3

Hatrix
Nov 13, 2009, 11:24 PM
just picked it up tonight so wont be on PSU for a bit.. I only have a hour in on it but its awsomeness is second to none... it really has its own unique look and feel to it its not just another way to play original PSO

beatrixkiddo
Nov 13, 2009, 11:34 PM
I dont think PSz is worth buying a DS for. Sure its 'PS' but the gfx aren't the greatest, even by DS standards. And enemies dont drop items, what's up with that! You only get items from boxes, or at least from what I've seen so far. Im gonna play it though, because it was free (for me)^.^

Enemies don't directly drop items. After you kill every enemy in the room, a box appears with drops from each enemy you killed.

DreXxiN
Nov 14, 2009, 12:25 AM
Ill be playing everything phantasy star related

Still got a ton of things to do on PSU
Started a new character on PSZ(JP)
And...
Ill be importing PS:P 2 as well.

Big companies LURV you.

I'll be getting the localized PSP2 since I have no money right now.

pinkace
Dec 1, 2009, 10:25 PM
Wanted to add that since so many of you are, you should post your friend codes on the PSZ board's sticky. No one I know is online now :(

Delete
Dec 2, 2009, 10:41 AM
PS:P 2 I'll pick up. However, I'm not into the whole PSZ thing.

Tru Reaper
Dec 2, 2009, 11:43 AM
Getting PSP2 On the Western side when it comes out.