PDA

View Full Version : PSU A way to try and help PSU grow more.

Resanoca
Nov 13, 2009, 02:25 AM
I know this has been brought up before, but can you all try and spread the word of PSU to your friends in real life, other forums, online games, chat rooms and so on? I feel if we try to spread it on in a mass group effect it might help the servers grow. I'm not the only one who feels this way. I just ask for your help.

Akumamaru
Nov 13, 2009, 02:28 AM
i did so i got most of my bothers friends into it though the 360 demo and the demo on the PSP

RemiusTA
Nov 13, 2009, 02:38 AM
Its already too late. Trust me.

There is no reason in caring about this game more than Sega themselves. The 360 population over here is by far the largest, and i credit that almost wholly to the free XBL Demo you can play, but Sega refuses to upgrade even that, and for many 360 players thats the first impression of the game. (and if you've played the demo, you'd know how bad of an impression that is.)

This game is dead, and if you're on PC/PS2 there's absolutely zero hope for you.

Resanoca
Nov 13, 2009, 02:44 AM
If that's all you're gonna say then stay out of my thread.

Somnia
Nov 13, 2009, 03:20 AM
Playing with and helping out any lowbies, especially with a high ID digits helps, too. When I visited the PC server for the first time since launch earlier this year, it just simply wasn't fun because there was no one to run with. No one said a word or really cared there was a new face in town, so I just shrugged it off and went back to Xbox. With such a small community, it'd help to at least greet someone you've never met before.

Volcompat321
Nov 13, 2009, 03:23 AM
You guys should tell your friends about VolcomPat.
That dood is a cool guy, and makes comedic raps, and everyone should listen to them.

On topic, the people I hang out with, told me about this game when it came out.
They've since, quit, hated PSU, played PS:P, quit playing that, and now say they will never play PS:P2.

I don't really even hang out with anyone else, and don't go on any forums other than PSO-W or the official forums, so it's useless. :/
Good thread though. I do wish more people played, and honestly, I still love the game.

I once compared PSU to an abusive relationship.
There's only so much abuse one(or many when talking about to PSU) can take before they call it quits.
They either end up leaving the relationship, end up dead, or kill the spouse.

With PSU, the only realistic option is ending the relationship.
Now, don't get me wrong, I love the game, and love SEGA still, but like I said, there's only so much anyone can take.
I will continue to play off and on like I do(though I'm only not playing now because I don't have a card to pay with) until the servers are dead.
Good luck getting the word around, I'll do my best to mention it everywhere I go(online I mean).
In the outside world, people would probably give me dirty looks.

Zeek123
Nov 13, 2009, 03:39 AM
Yeah... Not to be a Debbie Downer too, but there's no vaccine for how ill this game is.

PSU's been great, but it's time to turn to the hand helds. Which is a sad commentary in and of itself.

RemiusTA
Nov 13, 2009, 04:19 AM
If that's all you're gonna say then stay out of my thread.

when optimism is blind the obvious truth seems to escape us

Zeek123
Nov 13, 2009, 04:23 AM
Wow... Remius. That was Frigging insightful. No sarcasm, promise. Just insight pwn I guess :p

Q.U.I.C.K.S.I.L.V.E.R
Nov 13, 2009, 08:41 PM
Well I didn't think it would happen when the game first released but now I think the time has officially come to turn the page on PSU. Segac constantly let us down anyway, in fact, they should have paid me 10$ a month to play the game. I always stayed optimistic since the day it was released and through all the talk and rumors about the servers going down for good, but I think those days are over...I wouldn't give PSU more than a year to be honest...This is coming from someone who loved the game for what it was.

Gibdozer
Nov 13, 2009, 09:06 PM
I don't think word of mouth is going to help at this point. What I think would help the games population in its twilight days is a total revamp of the exp, pa leveling, and rare drop rates. If the game became more quickly accessible and rewarding(say like the PsP version) we might be able to swing a few more stars for the next year or so.

necman
Nov 14, 2009, 10:20 AM
It would be nice to see a turn around but as long as sega is in control it won't happen. Besides the game is 3 years old so it's too late to put anything into it now. And for that matter I would never tell my friends to join this game cause I would not sucker friends into something that is crap.

Arika
Nov 14, 2009, 10:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU9IdLrOkao

lol, PSU promote in the past... very past.. (got link from official forum)

Criss
Nov 15, 2009, 01:38 AM
There is little hope for PSU in its current state. However, if you want to pass the word around to get more people, you might want to focus on the upcoming Supplemental Update. Many old players are waiting for that to come back to PSU (I know I am), and the extra influx of people coming back from the update (without mentioning the update itself) will only help getting more people to try out PSU.

But as much as the Sup. Update can breathe some life back into the server, I agree that it'll mostly be downwards from there, until PS:P2 is released.

Chuck_Norris
Nov 15, 2009, 01:42 AM
Wow... Remius. That was Frigging insightful. No sarcasm, promise. Just insight pwn I guess :p

Would of been better if he used some punctuation so you could understand it the first time reading it.

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 15, 2009, 02:52 AM
MAG+ will bring TAers back to PSU for a duration. I'm sure we'll see the first two servers full again for a full ten stars. The supplemental might do better than that for I assume 12-13 stars. We did have 7 stars when Colony GBR hit, but the lack of Dark God S2 dropped us down to 5 and then Modern Warfare 2 dropped us to 3.5, so people are just mostly playing that game at the moment.

Keilyn
Nov 15, 2009, 05:10 AM
Sorry, but I don't advertise games to all my friends and family unless the game is actually good and secondly, I am paid by Sega to do their dirty work.

The game is as is because of how Sega and the players are....and I won't dare try to snag people into this game...just so they can be bored....

also if you invite a friend into a game you hyped up and they don't like it...Its not Sega who is going to pick up the tab, its you in your relationships...so I believe if a game does well and advertises well....It can spread on its own pretty far..

Volcompat321
Nov 15, 2009, 05:47 AM
I don't think a friend would hate you if (s)he doesn't like one game you like and (s)he doesn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU9IdLrOkao

lol, PSU promote in the past... very past.. (got link from official forum)

It's funny to hear other people say the names of things, because you think it's said one way, and it's completely different lol.

Gunslinger-08
Nov 15, 2009, 09:41 PM
I've tried to get some friends involved, but their lack of interest was 100% justifiable. These days I've even said not to try it, on a couple occasions where people have asked me about it.

I'm not angry, but I'm not blind. PC/PS2 PSU is pretty much a lost cause. The only thing I can hope is that I at least have a couple friends who will stick around, and that the servers will still remain profitable, and stay up for a while.

And if nothing else, that maybe the remaining PC/PS2 players would get a free transfer over to the JP PSU server. Possibly blind optimism, but I'm allowed to have a little, right? :)

pikachief
Nov 15, 2009, 09:45 PM
its funny, everyone i've ever showed the demo to are always like "Wow, this game sucks how do you play this?"

I've explained the gameplay differences, the item, level, and boss differences but they still all agree that its bad lol

PALRAPPYS
Nov 15, 2009, 10:11 PM
I used to love PSU, but there's nothing bringing me back online to play it. Honestly, once we get the last achievement for 360 I'm quitting.

Delete
Nov 16, 2009, 12:57 AM
Besides the no-updates stuff, you also gotta look at what this game has left to offer. Like I said a bunch of times, mostly everything has been released with the exception of a few items and whatever the supplemental update brings. And by the time the supplemental update comes, I fear no one will give a shit because most people will have moved on.

gorefiend
Nov 19, 2009, 06:53 PM
I know this has been brought up before, but can you all try and spread the word of PSU to your friends in real life, other forums, online games, chat rooms and so on? I feel if we try to spread it on in a mass group effect it might help the servers grow. I'm not the only one who feels this way. I just ask for your help.

Seeing as we moved house i cannot play online anymore, but, I still get my friends into it, we sometimes play it in the same room, its not as fun but its is fun.

gorefiend
Nov 19, 2009, 06:56 PM
When i was last online, most of the players were really nice, but now i have heard that its gone to just b*stards.

PSU needs a whole new make over.

Its true and you know it =]

Keilyn
Nov 20, 2009, 04:26 AM
I don't think a friend would hate you if (s)he doesn't like one game you like and (s)he doesn't.

Actually it happened to me already...and I lost that friendship, first by the person being addicted to the game...and then acting like an Elitist because I didn't play that game 12 hours a day like he did...

Volcompat321
Nov 20, 2009, 04:29 AM
Well, it seems that's a different case than them not liking the game you showed them, isn't it?

Keilyn
Nov 20, 2009, 04:36 AM
You're right, but it still was a negative case...from just trying to be a friend and show others what I was trying. = (

Volcompat321
Nov 20, 2009, 04:55 AM
Yea, you're not the only one either.
My friends showed me the game, and when I surpassed one of them, he began to be jealous, and I didn't even do much. It would be like 10 mil more than him, or like 3 levels higher than him, and he'd get all pissy.
Oh well.
The friendship didn't end of course, but it was still annoying to think someone could do that over a game.
Then again, people have beaten up other people over simpler games. Pokemon.

Keilyn
Nov 20, 2009, 05:02 AM
You mean stuff like this?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/Online-gamer-killed-for-selling-virtual-weapon/2005/03/30/1111862440188.html

Night Crawler
Nov 20, 2009, 05:08 AM
There may be hope. About me. I had a long history with PSU. I never Cheated scammed or hated on anyone in the game. But its just that (history). I recently returned from scratch. I Deleted all my characters and Pa's one year ago. Im starting or from zero. Except for my lower Xbox 360 account number you would not know I played before. Due to a recent setback in mt personal life. I am using PSU as a temporary crutch, and escape. Im just back to have fun and do some of the stuff in the game I did not do before. And try out some new stuff that has come out. All that being said Here is my answer below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdwuiYhmUwM

I did not feel good about posting this on SEGA'S web site. I have searched high and low. Many times, for hours on end. This is the closest thing I can find that is anything remotely like Phantasy Star. Main criteria being MMORPG. Fast action able to move around while fighting. This game is in Beta testing still. It should be close maybe by December 09 Or early 2010. From what Ive read it is not as community based as PSU. There will be rooms or lobbys to meet up. More like PSO when it first came out. But OH the game play looks awsome. PSU like controls but much better. Hack and slash I have not seen before in an MMORPG. Definitly worth looking at.!!

Volcompat321
Nov 20, 2009, 05:11 AM
You mean stuff like this?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/Online-gamer-killed-for-selling-virtual-weapon/2005/03/30/1111862440188.html

...wow....Wtf?

Keilyn
Nov 20, 2009, 05:15 AM
Cool game....reminds me of RYL...Here is a video of a game I play and run a server for this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpJQlcnl0KI

My favorite human class...Assassin, but I will always be an Akkan at heart.

Powder Keg
Nov 20, 2009, 05:23 AM
There may be hope. About me. I had a long history with PSU. I never Cheated scammed or hated on anyone in the game. But its just that (history). I recently returned from scratch. I Deleted all my characters and Pa's one year ago. Im starting or from zero. Except for my lower Xbox 360 account number you would not know I played before. Due to a recent setback in mt personal life. I am using PSU as a temporary crutch, and escape. Im just back to have fun and do some of the stuff in the game I did not do before. And try out some new stuff that has come out. All that being said Here is my answer below.

I did not feel good about posting this on SEGA'S web site. I have searched high and low. Many times, for hours on end. This is the closest thing I can find that is anything remotely like Phantasy Star. Main criteria being MMORPG. Fast action able to move around while fighting. This game is in Beta testing still. It should be close maybe by December 09 Or early 2010. From what Ive read it is not as community based as PSU. There will be rooms or lobbys to meet up. More like PSO when it first came out. But OH the game play looks awsome. PSU like controls but much better. Hack and slash I have not seen before in an MMORPG. Definitly worth looking at.!!

Holy crap....this game looks awesome.

Gen2000
Nov 20, 2009, 04:52 PM

Wow. The gameplay actually has more action in than PSU, on some DMC/Ninja Gaiden level almost. The only problem is the character designs are kind of a turn off and the camera seems to be way too close for all that action, other than that it's still a game I'm going to keep tabs on it. Thanks for posting that.