PDA

View Full Version : first for me

fay
Nov 14, 2009, 07:25 AM
First I would like to say that I never EVER rant on about population but its gone too far now. i', playing on the 360. At the moment it has 1 star. About 3 people sitting outside AFK and then the people actually in the missions. Well if i had a camera I would have taken a picture and posted it but ever single group has locked their party besides one, which is a buff party.

This game has now jyst completely died. The 360 can only pull in one star now to about one and a half and even at that only about a dozen people don't actually lock their party.

What is left in this? It practically like playing offline now.
I had quit ages ago and I decided to sign back up on the 4th of November but now I feel I have to leave straight away again. There is nothing keeping me here now.

I suppose I had a good run for the 2 weeks I was back. I found 2 repca boards and a psycho wand board. I hadn't even saw any of those for the past 2 years I had played.

I really want to wait till MAG+ comes out so I can get that last achievement but I don't know how much longer I can last to be honest.

Gibdozer
Nov 14, 2009, 09:01 AM
You exaggerate, but yes the population has dwindled considerably. During peak hours now universe 1 is running 3 stars, you only see 1 star during mid-day and early morning.

I figure Mag+ will see uni 1 full and considerable action in uni 2 and after that another very long dry spell(maybe an infinite one). The next story missions should deal with a seed plague that has apparently wiped out half of Gurhals population.

BIG OLAF
Nov 14, 2009, 12:02 PM
At the moment it has 1 star. About 3 people sitting outside AFK and then the people actually in the missions. Well if i had a camera I would have taken a picture and posted it but ever single group has locked their party besides one, which is a buff party.

^This^ is why you find/play with friends on PSU. It's the only way nowadays. Everyone else is either a newbie or an elitist d-bag. I love PSU, but even I'll admit that if you don't have regular people you play with (friends), then it's hope/pointless to continue.

If you currently don't have any friends to play with, I'm sure some 360 players on these forums (including me, once I get another Xbox....sometime soon, I hope) would be happy to help out.

Kent
Nov 14, 2009, 07:38 PM
Playing solely with friends and friends alone is pretty much counter-intuitive to the purpose of online communities. There were a lot of things that ended up comtributing to this. I wouldn't be surprised if Sega was losing money on supporting PSU servers, at least those outside of Japan.

Looking from a realistic perspective, this is what happens when you make a shoddy port of an already-inefficient PS2 game. People stop playing because of technical flaws in the software that could've easily been avoided.

Naturally, it doesn't actually help that there are quite a few rather severe design flaws in the game itself. It's never really a happy sight to see a game with a lot of potential go down the tubes, especially when it's part of a series that a lot of people had high hopes for.

Unfortunately, this is just what ends up happening when the entire thing gets botched. :/

Keilyn
Nov 14, 2009, 11:42 PM
The choice is simple....You can put up with it and complain.....and thus pay your money to Sega and deal with all the headaches..

...or you can choose to move on to another game that may make you happier.

Both choices are equally good and bad:

Moving on to another game means starting over and meeting new people and learning a new game and taking a chance you may like or not like it...so its a risk and a gamble...

Remaining means you know the problems...and are helpless/powerless to stop them and have to deal with everything. It also means you admit the game is fun and you are willing to pay to play it no matter how messed up it is (Blind loyalty to people you dont even know)

The choice is yours....which is the lesser of two evils?

Gunslinger-08
Nov 15, 2009, 06:49 AM
It's been that way on the PC/PS2 servers for a while. You either have to accept it and keep playing with the other few who still play, or let the game go.

Personally, I'm not ready to leave yet. Thankfully, I'm not in any sort of financial situation that makes that difficult.

Delete
Nov 20, 2009, 11:29 AM
You are right, this game is dead. I used to be one of those "Omg Psu is gonna be the best game forever" kind of person but I too have had enough.

Kinda off topic, That's why I am so glad I got another job so I can get some different games because I basically need to move on and accept the fact Psu is done.