PDA

View Full Version : PSZ

TalHex
Nov 14, 2009, 10:29 AM
so, anybody have it yet? I'm not sure if I can get the DS working with the Wifi on campus, but if I can, would anybody be up for playing?

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 14, 2009, 12:42 PM
I've had it for about a week and a half, now.

Nitro Vordex
Nov 14, 2009, 12:43 PM
I saw a little bit of it. I'd like to get it, but I gotta wait and see if I get any money anytime soon.

Sayara
Nov 14, 2009, 01:07 PM
I saw a little bit of it. I'd like to get it, but I gotta wait and see if I get any money anytime soon.

QFourE

Weeaboolits
Nov 14, 2009, 02:47 PM
Is good.

Randomness
Nov 14, 2009, 03:54 PM
Got yesterday. Debating between caseal and marl ranger... probably going to ditch the caseal... I hate being reliant on mates alone. (Yeah... Rayburn's a jerk, so many cheap attacks)

Vanzazikon
Nov 14, 2009, 05:32 PM
May get later. Maybe.

Dhylec
Nov 14, 2009, 09:11 PM
May get later. Maybe.
/smackz
make up yer mind, dood! ;o

TalHex
Nov 14, 2009, 09:50 PM
bleh my DS can't connect to the wireless here on campus.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2009, 10:08 PM
You could always try one of those USB WiFi Dongles.
They're kinda cheap now. The one I got anyways.

TalHex
Nov 15, 2009, 12:51 AM
I'll have to check if they allow them here, I know they made a really big stink about using wifi routers in your dormroom

AlexCraig
Nov 15, 2009, 01:02 AM
Have it
Love it
Hate Rayburn
Info in profile

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Nov 15, 2009, 01:32 AM
I'll have to check if they allow them here, I know they made a really big stink about using wifi routers in your dormroom
:/
There are also USB Dongles that work as a WiFi connection specifically for the DS, they even have them for PSP too. It's always worth a shot.

TalHex
Nov 15, 2009, 01:55 AM
i'll have to look into them then

W0LB0T
Nov 15, 2009, 10:09 AM
PSZ won't be out here untill feb next year. bollocks!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 15, 2009, 09:16 PM
You could always try one of those USB WiFi Dongles.
They're kinda cheap now. The one I got anyways.
I think I got the last one in my area for 50 miles. Pow.

No softwares with it and went a digging on the Nintendo website, telling me to turn my firewall off to activate to prevent problems... scary. Uninstall first if necessary with the page to the firmware/setup config. files not easily found, but still there.

I thought about writing a guide on it. Discontinued product now. Didn't need to turn any firewalls off. Simply add some allow preferences in another sub menu of options. Other people's experience with it may vary.

-

And I lost my Tetris DS to test it out after getting it up and running. garglefargle
Also out of print, despite possibly being free money if they made some more copies available.

-
So I won't get the dhy/smackz too, I don't have yet. Possibly order through PSOW front page link, if they get some trackback thing for that, prob not. How some sites have their list of Amazon recommends? Don't know if that is just a list or what. Local Target had none, didn't ask when buying the USB dongle @ Gamestop.

Weeaboolits
Nov 16, 2009, 02:49 AM
Got yesterday. Debating between caseal and marl ranger... probably going to ditch the caseal... I hate being reliant on mates alone. (Yeah... Rayburn's a jerk, so many cheap attacks)You'll love Humilias.

Outrider
Nov 16, 2009, 03:40 PM
I have the import that I picked up on the cheap several months ago.

It's good.

It would be better if I could figure out what was going on. I think this FOnewearl has a thing for me? I guess? I don't know. People keep talking to me in this squiggly language and I'm like, "That's not English."

Who is Rayburn, anyway?

TalHex
Nov 16, 2009, 03:57 PM
so far the story seems kinda meh, i mean, it's interesting, and granted, it's a lot better then PSU's

the thing I really like about it though is for the most part, it seems like SEGA has taken PSO, shoved it on a DS card, and changed around the scenery. I'm glad the battle system is back to the way it used to be... although my only complaint is the lack of quick swap on weapons.

Weeaboolits
Nov 16, 2009, 04:58 PM
I have the import that I picked up on the cheap several months ago.

It's good.

It would be better if I could figure out what was going on. I think this FOnewearl has a thing for me? I guess? I don't know. People keep talking to me in this squiggly language and I'm like, "That's not English."

Who is Rayburn, anyway?The dragon. Also the newman girl, Sarisa, is mostly filled with "blah blah blah, teamwork and the power of friendship as well as self-doubt", she's not terribly engaging, but good for resta.

Story's better than PSU's for what it's worth, a bit closer to the classic formula (take that how you will). Also the strategy command things, the third one is the one that makes her use resta more, I think.

Randomness
Nov 16, 2009, 05:22 PM
You'll love Humilias.

Oh crap, you're right. I never did bother to learn dodging on my HUney, since I could take a laser+sword and live to resta. CRAP. Better learn to self-rez!

Sayara
Nov 16, 2009, 06:02 PM
Restac

Outrider
Nov 16, 2009, 11:07 PM
The dragon.

Really? I didn't think he was too hard. Now, the stupid squid - he was awful. (But I guess that was just because he was my first boss since I was a HUnewm, right?)

Also the strategy command things, the third one is the one that makes her use resta more, I think.

The-the what?

I'm probably missing out on like half of the features in this game.

TalHex
Nov 16, 2009, 11:21 PM
you had trouble with the squid too? god i hated that thing... I just bought a good pair of daggers, and used 25+ monogrinders on it, and leveled my mag for awhile. bloody thing still nearly killed me off several times

Weeaboolits
Nov 17, 2009, 07:45 AM
Really? I didn't think he was too hard. Now, the stupid squid - he was awful. (But I guess that was just because he was my first boss since I was a HUnewm, right?)

The-the what?

I'm probably missing out on like half of the features in this game.Octo Diablo is always a bitch the first time through, it was a bit of a dick move making him the first newman boss.

Reyburn catches you off guard by being a dragon boss that actually knows how to fight, that and his rapid fireball.

Humilias is a a much bigger pain than either though (the combiner you fight in arca plant). Falz can be rather rage-worthy too (particularly on androids since you're liable to have run dry on mates from fighting Mother Trinity, due to lack of resta capabilities).

TalHex
Nov 17, 2009, 12:17 PM
he was the first true CAST boss as well, although the CAST story has a quick tutorial level first without a boss.

Weeaboolits
Nov 17, 2009, 03:21 PM
That's not the same as reaching the boss warp on a fresh FOney and going "SHIT, I'm only level 4, I can't use a slicer yet".

Randomness
Nov 17, 2009, 04:01 PM
Octo Diablo is always a bitch the first time through, it was a bit of a dick move making him the first newman boss.

Reyburn catches you off guard by being a dragon boss that actually knows how to fight, that and his rapid fireball.

Humilias is a a much bigger pain than either though (the combiner you fight in arca plant). Falz can be rather rage-worthy too (particularly on androids since you're liable to have run dry on mates from fighting Mother Trinity, due to lack of resta capabilities).

Really now? I finished with plenty of mates left. Of course, being a ranger helped, I was able to pound Mother Trinity without getting near her meaner attacks. Had I not fought them both a bunch already though, I'd probably have been in trouble.

Weeaboolits
Nov 17, 2009, 04:27 PM
I got one-shotted twice last time I fought falz, shit sucked.

GHNeko
Nov 17, 2009, 05:44 PM
The greatest thing PSZ has brought me is the Sarisa thread.

Best. Thread. Ever.

Outrider
Nov 17, 2009, 05:46 PM
I was able to pound Mother Trinity

Bow-chicka bow-wow?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 19, 2009, 02:05 AM
That's not the same as reaching the boss warp on a fresh FOney and going "SHIT, I'm only level 4, I can't use a slicer yet".
Slicer is an early FO's best friend.

I hope it doesn't level out and then become beyond useless later.

It also helps you avoid the "you don't move that far when melee-ing" which is a far departure from mo-capped saber lunges, back in the day.

-
I think I played with Ian last night. Considering I don't think anyone else would name their guy "Lutz Landale." Also FOmar-man. Thought it was the Hunter Newman until the end of the quest and I was healing the FOmar with full health instead of the didn't heal himself at all, just screamed "HELP!" green haired dude. Red arrow, he was on the map.

Just read FOmar is superior stat wise to FOnewm, in everything. Whatever that 30% resta healing thing means, is probably another detriment, character pages bonus info stats and buffs. But FOnewm has quite a bit more with designs, looks, and extra hair colors.

Wacky moon-newmen.

Weeaboolits
Nov 19, 2009, 02:15 AM
FOmars look like Carl Clover.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 19, 2009, 02:20 AM
Sherlock FOmars.

1st Slicer ATP is like 9, offscreen, as its based on MST. So what's with ATP on FOmar...

Weapons are expensive... "but with expensive weapons I can kill rare monsters and become rich..."
-
Online play was getting me some money, man.

Weeaboolits
Nov 19, 2009, 02:24 AM
I was using a HUmarl at first, but it was a bit redundant with HUney, so I swapped her out for a FOmar.

Also, I love that line.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 19, 2009, 02:26 AM
Yeah, it starts out:

"Shut up. Expensive weapons are strong."

PSZ starts out, Stronger weapons are expensive and might cost you all your money for 1, to move up a little bit. I need to get into that hard mode. Must be where the week long players are hanging out.

Weeaboolits
Nov 19, 2009, 02:30 AM
I'm actually waiting on a copy to arrive, then I'll be on normal again. :[

I'm probably gonna see if I can't borrow my cousin's DS so I can port some items over from the Japanese version though, so I won;'t have to buy the expensive weapons.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 19, 2009, 02:39 AM
My game was scheduled to come fr: Amazon not til December then it was @ the house faster than the tracking # could be updated. Was thinking of writing them a thanks email.

Interesting note in the sparse, but still enough info for newer players, instruction booklet. Something about other region game items may not transfer over, but not a lot written there- as in a chance the move/trade fails or just isn't allowed by the game code, or its different enough that its just incompatible.

What do you know on that front? Read up on others who attempted it? Works or not?

Weeaboolits
Nov 19, 2009, 02:53 AM
I heard a couple of the password rares break and turn into generics.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 19, 2009, 02:58 AM
That's like synth failing = item < Scape Doll
Some PSU elements carried over, guess they found another one, even if just similar.

Speaking of, Scape Dolls are not as necessary, vital, must haves as before. And didn't know that thing about your NPC's die, MOME it up, then the next room pop back up from zombie land. They should tell you these things in the booklet!

As well as some, HP materials count to total too? If just anything on Materials.
And what the added bonus effects are with weapons, Dark = Poison, Ice = Freeze, and so on.

MetaZedlen
Nov 19, 2009, 05:00 AM
I'm going to get this game soon :D

Weeaboolits
Nov 19, 2009, 06:23 AM
Anti can revive now too.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 19, 2009, 06:26 AM
I read that, in Sinue's post to the other guy who kept saying somas.

And it seems my nature of the mag is fine and people were actively trying for that one, after many tries - finally getting the wanted nature.

My endgame mag at this point will be a new cat or a new set of wings. Not great, but I'll deal. I don't know if the PB will change at that point though if I'm aiming for an evolution with a different PB. Probably will. Goodbye "Red Demon charge" only good for stationary for a bit enemies and damage counter titles.

Weeaboolits
Nov 19, 2009, 06:48 AM
The jousting blast is pretty good, it has a bigger hitbox than it lets on and is pretty damaging, especially in a chain.