PDA

View Full Version : a rank wepon has a lower chance of being synthed then a s rank?

Frosty7645
Nov 14, 2009, 04:21 PM
anyone ever think its weird that an a rank wepon has a lower chance of being synthed then a s rank? on a lvl 0 pm?

Somnia
Nov 14, 2009, 04:40 PM
Yes, but I'm not complaining.

Xefi
Nov 14, 2009, 04:46 PM
SEGA doesn't want us to fail S rank too much, probably.
On the brighter side, you can break S rank more often
when grinding!

Deissa
Nov 14, 2009, 05:12 PM
It's their logic of "well you get three chances with A-grade boards" and then it's moonshine time

tadtwisted
Nov 14, 2009, 05:30 PM
I sure SEGA didnt think about the game ending up the way it is now, with alot of people having high % 10/10 weapons. im sure they wanted s-ranks to be super rare that someon would have like 2 or 3 and a-ranks would be the norm. also back then if you would break a grind, the weapon would be lost so imagine all the 9/9 and lower didnt exist most people would leave it 0/10

Meowhead
Nov 14, 2009, 05:40 PM
You can use an A rank board three times.
You can use an S rank board one time.

=/

Keilyn
Nov 14, 2009, 05:46 PM
Its harder to get the materials of an S rank weapon....but harder to grind while A rank weapon materials are easy to come by for weapons and they are easier to grind...and the boards have three uses for the weapons.....so I would consider that logical enough to make them harder to synth.

Remember that some types have A rank weapons as a maximum...and with materials available, you have more chances at making a 42 - 50% weapon....which is a good thing.

Neith
Nov 16, 2009, 11:30 AM
What's amusing is that some S-Rank boards would be cheaper to buy from playerstores than A-Rank ones now :lol: So unless it's something genuinely rare, you can usually recoup losses extremely cheaply.

But yeah, 3 chances of a synth at lower rates is why they're lower success rates. It should also be noted that all synth rates were increased a long time ago. I remember when some items were 41% success on pure PMs >_> (Del Jagnus, I think).

Powder Keg
Nov 16, 2009, 12:47 PM
It makes perfect sense.

Because with the old way, it was just totally awesome back in the day taking a long while to gather all of the materials you needed, finding the board in the first place (upon release they were damn near impossible to find), waiting a whole 24 hours for the synth, and then have it fail.

Ruru
Nov 16, 2009, 12:55 PM
and then have it fail.

I loved that part.

"K everyone brb gonna go check my sweetdeath, i'm pretty sure it's been a whole day...."

*2 minutes later*

"Yeah it's a monomate......"

*dies a little inside*

GreenArcher
Nov 16, 2009, 02:50 PM
The real joke was synthing 9* armors on a pure armor PM

IIRC the success rate was 34%, it was also a lot harder to cook high %s back then.

Ruru
Nov 16, 2009, 04:01 PM
yeah back then people went crazy seeing B ranks above 40%.

Gunslinger-08
Nov 16, 2009, 09:44 PM
That was also back when a 10/10 really meant something, especially when it was an A or S-rank wep.

The lower A-rank synth rates are simply a leftover thing from the old system, before all the complaining turned the game into easy mode.