PDA

View Full Version : Bored of the game? I have a solution

LanCow13
Nov 16, 2009, 12:03 AM
play a different class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have been playing this game since crimson beast S. Back when Level cap was 80 i think and 30 PA cap.......... anywho since then i have been PURE GUNNER. Recently i switched class to AF and the game has been extremely fun again. With my GM i was PWN everything stage solo. Now as AF its more challenging to beat stages which makes the game more better for me personally. I think everyone should become a class they never played.

DreXxiN
Nov 16, 2009, 12:24 AM
Impossible for me to play anything I haven't capped, let alone haven't played. ._.

Delete
Nov 16, 2009, 12:47 AM
I've been everything and I assume so have a bunch of other people (at least if you've played the game since the cap was 80).

Xefi
Nov 16, 2009, 01:10 AM
@TC: I thought you're going to say, "Bore of the game? Go play another game." :hamster:

Playing a different class is fun indeed, I didn't bother with
Protranser at first until I saw EX Traps. But then again,
a better solution would've been more UPDATES & CONTENTS.

SStrikerR
Nov 16, 2009, 01:13 AM
Next time, think of a solution that will last the person more than a few hours.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Nov 16, 2009, 03:37 AM
Lots of people have multiple characters plaing multiple jobs.

RyuRoots
Nov 16, 2009, 04:47 AM
I have. I've tried every class in the game, and every one of my mains specialized in something different. And I had pretty much all the stuff I wanted; PAs, weapons, armor, etc. with lvl 100 pure PMs and...well, there's really nothing left to do until the next event or the supplemental update (I say as if we'll ever get it). So I think I'll stay unsubbed.

RagolianHunter
Nov 16, 2009, 07:43 AM
AF is a fun class, I just started using it yesterday...lol @ 14 already.

Another thing you can do to spice up the game is play with different people.

While I normally only run with a select few, I do from time to time random runs with random players.

Lots of fun...try it!

darkante
Nov 16, 2009, 08:08 AM
TC, That "solution" of yours isnīt really that helping.
I doubt people havenīt tried a multitude of different classes before they decided to hit the unsub button, because of lack of updates.

Wake me up when we got at least a couple of new missions and new weapons (that arenīt reskins). =P

Gibdozer
Nov 16, 2009, 09:04 AM
Wow 3 years and you just changed classes? I guess in 2012 you can start leveling some techs!

SuperRygar
Nov 16, 2009, 10:14 AM
haha such hate

seems like most people are just bitter these days...

if your bored of the game, quit for 3 months. then when you come back they will have released a few things to do for 1 month. that seems to be the only reasonable solution to me

GreenArcher
Nov 16, 2009, 10:22 AM
I don't get it.

If you're sick, you would stay home from work and go to the doctor right?
If you're bored with a game, you would do something else with your time (most likely play a different game)?

Hrith
Nov 16, 2009, 02:39 PM
There are other games?

You could have told me that sooner, GA =/

GreenArcher
Nov 16, 2009, 02:41 PM
You shush over there

Neith
Nov 16, 2009, 05:22 PM
Tried the whole 'change class' thing.

It works, for about a week. I'd play something else but games like Aion/WoW do not interest me in the slightest.

Squirrel3D
Nov 16, 2009, 09:48 PM
play a different class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have been playing this game since crimson beast S. Back when Level cap was 80 i think and 30 PA cap.......... anywho since then i have been PURE GUNNER. Recently i switched class to AF and the game has been extremely fun again. With my GM i was PWN everything stage solo. Now as AF its more challenging to beat stages which makes the game more better for me personally. I think everyone should become a class they never played.

I may explore Chopper Thomas into a Beast protranser....but outside of that....nope, not changing classes. Like I'm really gonna let Cynica's Newman ass be anything but a Masterforce. Meilin is fine as a Human Fortetecher. And Streak is a Gunmaster and a CAST.

You just aren't gonna convince the majority of us to change classes in a effort to make the experince exciting again.

LanCow13
Nov 16, 2009, 10:31 PM
im just sayin all i c is cast GM and FM and newman techers.......... mix it up u people complain that the game to easy but u follow the trend then bitch about the game just quit then... i was just telling explaining how its more fun for me now since i been Gunner since day one

Justyn_Darkcrest
Nov 16, 2009, 10:42 PM
The lack of decent content and the fact that SoA doesnt give us all the content on a disk we paid for up front is why ppl are bored. (we had to wait a year to fight the two headed dragon on the box of AoI:White Beast)

Changing class isn't a good way to keep MOST ppl intrested in this dying game. Glad it worked for you but creating a thread like this you can only expect to get scepticism and sarcasim. Sorry dude but I'm with the rest of these ppl. I only log on to get E-mails from the ppl I care about so we can continue to keep in touch.

This game is dead to me.

Squirrel3D
Nov 16, 2009, 11:01 PM
The lack of decent content and the fact that SoA doesnt give us all the content on a disk we paid for up front is why ppl are bored. (we had to wait a year to fight the two headed dragon on the box of AoI:White Beast)

Changing class isn't a good way to keep MOST ppl intrested in this dying game. Glad it worked for you but creating a thread like this you can only expect to get scepticism and sarcasim. Sorry dude but I'm with the rest of these ppl. I only log on to get E-mails from the ppl I care about so we can continue to keep in touch.

This game is dead to me.

Thank you.

It's what idiots like this guy can't understand, and who the hell is he to tell me or anyone else to change the classes of our character?

Justyn_Darkcrest
Nov 16, 2009, 11:17 PM
Agreed. "All I see is Newman Forces" Uhhh.. maybe cause that's what they're best at?! Can't speak for all Newmans but I picked it for the damage I can do WITH TECHS! Changing class can be a great way to entertain yourself for a couple hours (as somone already posted) but to the OP don't try and say this game can be revived by simply changing your class.

It's an insult to me.

Ruru
Nov 17, 2009, 01:29 AM
It's an insult to a lot of us that dont just play GM and FM and newman techer, not to mention those of us that HAVE played as, or leveled up all the classes ALREADY.

Out of all the classes i have played on this game now (yes i have tried them all out). The ones i like the best atm are the ones i am currently using on my FOUR characters that i use frequently. Telling those of us that have been playing this for years to just "change classes" is a ridiculous idea because most of us have already tried that and guess what, we ended up just as bored after a while and reverted back to the classes we normally play.

Also saying that all you see are GMs and FMs around and that all of them complain, is just sad. I HIGHLY doubt you've met everyone that still plays this game, because not EVERYONE uses just master classes. I have an AF that i use more than the rest of my characters, until we get the supplemental update and i become a full time MF.

You can't simply lump everyone together and say that we're all complaining and doing nothing about it. I'm positive most of the PSU "vets" have tried multiple ways of bringing life back into this game already. Don't try to act all hurt when your thread gets ripped apart when you come in here with your presumptions that no one has tried to spice up their gaming experience.

Keilyn
Nov 17, 2009, 06:30 AM
If you are bored of the game...here are some tips you can use:

1) Try something different (I don't mean changing classes).....I mean try playing with a different group of people to immerse yourself in another group's style.

2) One may feel bored if one repeats the same map too many times in a solo....Get your friends to play with you. Even if you are bored, the company of a good friend is always welcome right?

3) Try playing a different game:

I am not saying "Quit PSU" but I am saying that if you play this game 4 - 12 hours a day for months...you are bound to get bored...while that happens you are a missing a world of games. Not every game in the open market sucks...and commercial games aren't the only games...

You deserve a break as a gamer to look at other games...Don't think playing another game equates to "betraying" PSU. If you view it as such...think of your own betrayal as a gamer by simply limiting yourself to just one game...You owe it to yourself to take a break once in a while and see what is out there...

4) Don't base happiness on drops and events.

If you are playing the game only because you feel you won't find people outside of events...it means you are expecting and waiting for a sign...something to save the game or push people into a medium where you can feel "alright" at simply playing...

Doesn't mean you should say "At least I have my things...and im still here"...what you will remember is not how you got your items but mostly the interraction with others long after this game ends. (All that exists eventually crumbles) Somewhere in all the screenshots one has taken lies a memory of something good.....base your happiness on the smile you wear from remembering those moments.

5) Don't burn yourself out or force yourself into things.

Doing so not only makes the game boring but pushes you away from it and zaps your energy. Also affects you in the real world...Remember that games are meant to exist to have fun...IF you don't have fun, and you say in your gut somewhere "it just isn't fair" or "Im not having any fun"...It is your sanity telling you to stop what you are doing and find something that satisfies you.....

So listen to yourself and follow your heart...Its all you've got at times. ^_^

Cracka_J
Nov 17, 2009, 01:59 PM
Highly suggest DFO (http://dungeonfighter.nexon.net/) if you guys want something that's enjoyable, free, updated consistently, and a lot like pso/u.

Alot of the game mechanics are so similar it's scary. Has pretty enjoyable (read: fun) pvp as well if you're into that. I've only played for a bit over a month but it's hands down the most fun I've ever had with a free game before.

You wanna see why people say free games are run better then PSU? This is the one to check out then.