PDA

View Full Version : EU/NA Update November 20th

Katy
Nov 16, 2009, 02:32 PM
GUARDIANS Boost Road: Neudaiz

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/image/community/november003.pnghttp://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/image/community/november004.png

The GUARDIANS Boost Road has come to Neudaiz! For a limited time, the Boost Road will give players a special bonus for playing a specific set of missions. GUARDIANS will be able to run the following missions on the Colony for increased bonuses, until November 20th:

* Forest Infiltration C-S3 (Agata Islands: Egam)
* Rainbow Beast C-S3 (Shikon Tanze route: Agata Islands Area)
* The Eastern Peril C-S3 (Agata Islands: Egam)(
* Moonlight Beast C-S3 (Kego Clearing: Agata Islands Area)

Visit the 4th Floor of the GUARDIANS Colony for full details!

Side Story Mission: The Magashi Plan

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/image/community/november001.pnghttp://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/image/community/november002.png

While the SEED eradication missions are underway, someone thought to be Magashi was sighted on Moatoob. The GIS has been assigned to investigate...

This is the permanent version of the side-story mission that was available for a limited time with the SHRED THE DARKNESS event. It is accessible from the 5th floor of the GUARDIANS Colony.

Be sure to read the mission briefing first, as The Magashi Plan has a number of special rules and conditions!

Updated Mission Ranks

To go along with the GBR: Neudaiz, the following missions are being upgraded to include an S3 diffuclty ranking:

* Forest Infiltration
* Rainbow Beast
* The Eastern Peril
* Moonlight Beast

Moatoob Native Creature Festival and Autumn Lobbies

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/image/community/november005.pnghttp://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/image/community/november006.png

One of the most unique celebrations in all of Gurhal has returned -- the Native Creature Festival is being held for a limited time, exclusively on Moatoob! Come celebrate with fireworks and fire as the desert planet pays homage to its unique wildlife with impressive monuments and

Meanwhile, Fall has fallen: the turning of the leaves is now on full display, with limited time Autumn lobbies available on Neudaiz and in Clyez City. Come enjoy the gorgeous fall colors before they turn to winter!

Source: http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_quests.php?item=20091120a

GreenArcher
Nov 16, 2009, 02:44 PM
I like how the page says Update October 30th, with the GBR going through November 20th

Shou
Nov 16, 2009, 02:59 PM
Awsome shit! Another Update Combo!!! lol at the fact that they are still going out of order though.

Edit: NM JP got the side story with their Neudaiz GBR as well so no combo. Still good though. :)

str898mustang
Nov 16, 2009, 03:01 PM
hm.....Adahna Cannons for everyone? lol

Also for the Magashi Plan, the gobs and gobs of catilium, walna, and such wont be as plentiful on the permanent version.

Dhylec
Nov 16, 2009, 03:08 PM
Not a bad update.

hm.....Adahna Cannons for everyone? lol
Also for the Magashi Plan, the gobs and gobs of catilium, walna, and such wont be as plentiful on the permanent version.
Ya win some, ya lose some. ;]

Shou
Nov 16, 2009, 03:18 PM
Guess that means we might get MAG+ over the holidays which gives me more time to cap everything. I was not looking forward to having MAG+ durring finals week. :/

str898mustang
Nov 16, 2009, 03:24 PM
Another note for u Granahodora people.....Neu Ork is behind the 5 person switch in Forest Infiltration S3. So if ur wanting Neu Ork, u better be with some trusted people or just be extremely lucky with random.

Neith
Nov 16, 2009, 03:42 PM
Not much in the way of drops. It'll keep me amused for a week or so, I guess.

Ruru
Nov 16, 2009, 04:04 PM
well it is an update at least.

Mysterious-G
Nov 16, 2009, 04:11 PM
I do not know what you guys want? The upcoming updates won't contain many more new drops, either. :p

Oh, and thanks for informing, Katy! ^^

Gunslinger-08
Nov 16, 2009, 04:36 PM
Not bad. Another chance to get some stuff I never got around to hunting, and hopefully the end of the GBR will bring down Agito Edge prices, since I doubt everyone who was hoarding them got a Repca board.

Guess that means we might get MAG+ over the holidays which gives me more time to cap everything. I was not looking forward to having MAG+ durring finals week. :/

I would have raged, personally.

Now I'll just have to hope I'll be able to get online once I'm home for Christmas break.

Sayara
Nov 16, 2009, 05:17 PM
haha no white beast s3!

Neith
Nov 16, 2009, 05:18 PM
I do not know what you guys want? The upcoming updates won't contain many more new drops, either. :p

Oh, and thanks for informing, Katy! ^^

Something new would be nice, rather than missions we've had access to for months. Magashi Plan isn't new, and the S3 missions largely contain items obtainable in numerous other places/events. Also, Eastern Peril and Forest Infiltration are Lv145 monsters, so you're not even getting Lv150-tier drops from monsters aside from the bosses.

It's good we're getting updates, but I'm still not very impressed.

Noblewine
Nov 16, 2009, 05:29 PM
This looks awesome. I can't wait.

Tyreek
Nov 16, 2009, 05:34 PM
Wow, SEGA actually surprised me here. They completely went a different route with their update schedule lol. We're not supposed to get this until like 2 updates later. XD

Allison_W
Nov 16, 2009, 05:49 PM
Neu Ork means Granahodora boards can finally be synthed. Here come 13* wands. I'm sure not everyone who wanted a Granahodora board or an Adahna Unit got one, either, and now they have a permanent opportunity.

Also, I'm glad to see The Magashi Plan return this soon. I wasn't here for Shred the Darkness, and I sure don't mind some of the drops... Pakuda boards, Rabol Orachios, Har/Smarts, Cati/Staminas... not to mention now I can get myself some Megispheres.

Tyreek
Nov 16, 2009, 05:52 PM
I see that this post version of The Magashi Plan has an extra part at the end. Very interesting.

DreXxiN
Nov 16, 2009, 05:56 PM
Bah, I'll pass again.

redroses
Nov 16, 2009, 06:04 PM
The problem with the future updates, is that there will be anything actually new.
Most of the future updates have more GBRs and events we already had, except the ice event.
I am not even sure, that the future GC missions, or /R missions(or what they are called, sorry I do not know) are actually new missions. Or missions from old events reused?

What makes this all even more annoying, is that they are trying to leave the PS2 behind, but even than we are not getting anything new but only the PS:P items. Which is sad, because if they already try to dismiss the PS2 for the PS:P weapon models, they could just actually add really new models.

Kylie
Nov 16, 2009, 06:06 PM
Must... resist. Stay strong, Kylie!

Xefi
Nov 16, 2009, 09:15 PM
it's a nice update, but i'm still going to wait for MAG+. :hamster:

The_Brimada
Nov 16, 2009, 09:39 PM
Must... resist. Stay strong, Kylie!

Shouldn't be that hard to :p

I didn't take part in the colony GBR and doubt I'll take part in this one either. I'll let the "new" missions stack a little bit so I won't feel forced to spam the exact same missions over and over again when I do decide to play again.

Squirrel3D
Nov 16, 2009, 09:43 PM
Another GBR....right behind the one we have now. And the best part about this one is that white beast isn't apart of it.

Having a new side story is what really made me feel better. So I think I'll spend more time on that one before I get underway with the next GBR.

Skorn
Nov 16, 2009, 11:46 PM
I may be able to find some time for this GBR. =-(

novajones
Nov 16, 2009, 11:58 PM
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/image/community/november004.png

what kind of weapone is that is it svaltus sword or something differnt

Tyreek
Nov 17, 2009, 12:08 AM
That's Ely Sion. And we're not getting our hands on that until Chapter 8. :P

novajones
Nov 17, 2009, 12:12 AM
kinda annyoing says only obtain one on each account that means i have choose carefully or i cant get another one i think

Chibi_psu
Nov 17, 2009, 01:41 AM
finally new drops.i guess its time to chibi to come back

Ruru
Nov 17, 2009, 01:41 AM
I thought elysion was light element. that looks like fire or ground to me @.@

NDW
Nov 17, 2009, 02:46 AM
When you trade in for an Ely Sion, it's light element. But, you can change a weapon's element via GUARDIANS Cash.

Arika
Nov 17, 2009, 02:53 AM
Oh, Katy post it this time!

@Ortuis, Catilium won't be easy as STD version anymore.

@YTownNateDogg (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=53864), I don't think Game master need GC to change weapon element :P

Ruru
Nov 17, 2009, 04:21 AM
When you trade in for an Ely Sion, it's light element. But, you can change a weapon's element via GUARDIANS Cash.

Ahh, I didn't even think about that.

fay
Nov 17, 2009, 09:29 AM
haha no white beast s3!

Amen :)

FireHero
Nov 17, 2009, 09:36 AM
You know this just makes me angry!

cause i already sold loads of stuff for mag+ now i get told o you sold the worung stuff now!!!!

and omg that secound picture makes me angry cause its of a wepon we cant get and wont be able to get during the boost road talk about slapping us in the face!!!

the 1 think am thankful for thow is that thay actuly are bringing us an update! so no its not all bad!

but people i have a life i cant play this all the time and still have my life :(

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 17, 2009, 10:56 AM
Adahna Unit and Vijeri Rainbow. Hmm, good enough.

milranduil
Nov 17, 2009, 12:14 PM
You know this just makes me angry!

cause i already sold loads of stuff for mag+ now i get told o you sold the worung stuff now!!!!

and omg that secound picture makes me angry cause its of a wepon we cant get and wont be able to get during the boost road talk about slapping us in the face!!!

the 1 think am thankful for thow is that thay actuly are bringing us an update! so no its not all bad!

but people i have a life i cant play this all the time and still have my life :(

I have a life too, but that doesn't mean I go around selling all my equips that won't get used in the next event >_> Idk how that was really even relevant to the update...

LanCow13
Nov 17, 2009, 12:54 PM
u think the value of ADC will go down due to the unit being a non event drop????

Max B
Nov 17, 2009, 01:50 PM
@YTownNateDogg (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=53864)Edward came out and said that the weapon was 100% fire which means over kill and it is on the test servers where anything is posible:-D

u think the value of ADC will go down due to the unit being a non event drop????

Yes, they are going to go down drasticaly in price:-o

that cast named kai
Nov 17, 2009, 04:07 PM
ok, this is not that bad...

i guess the pacing of updates is a little frantic for my taste, but oh well

i guess i can hunt for a Granahodora although i guess i am just better to build up the cash to buy it now.

i guess mag+ is not coming out next due to some issues for coding dark falz ver 2.0, but i suppose that is why we did not dark god s2 with the last gbr, i guess it is similar to what happened with dengeki over here

oh well, i will try to be more active with this one than the last gbr

Kylie
Nov 17, 2009, 04:20 PM
Shouldn't be that hard to :p

I didn't take part in the colony GBR and doubt I'll take part in this one either. I'll let the "new" missions stack a little bit so I won't feel forced to spam the exact same missions over and over again when I do decide to play again.We'll see if I still feel the same way after I finish all the L4D2 content, which will probably be today or tomorrow. *sigh* It's sad, but I still love it.

Yuicihi
Nov 19, 2009, 08:05 AM
haha no white beast s3!That's because no one would be runninig GBR. ;-)

Keilyn
Nov 19, 2009, 10:19 AM
I like that this GBR will bring some people back...but to be honest....I wish they would have given a week break rather than chaining the events together...A lot of people are burned out from their hunts in the current GBR..

..looking at the drop list, most of the drops are boss drops....which are not really affected by Luck or GBR...It means I can skip or take a break in this GBR since the drops which do fall I have plenty off..

I'll be cutting my gaming sessions soon to take a break from so much playing and get back to life. ^_^ November and December are the busiest times of the year for me, so I have to be ready for it all.

Hrith
Nov 19, 2009, 11:47 AM
I like those missions, and those do have drops I want, about time.

I have a life toolol, no you don't.

milranduil
Nov 19, 2009, 06:26 PM
I like those missions, and those do have drops I want, about time.

lol, no you don't.

Last time I checked Astrophysics undergrad usually counts especially when I already have a job as it is >_>

Squirrel3D
Nov 21, 2009, 02:43 AM
Well already I'm turned off this GBR. The majority of the people don't do the whole thing and always run The Eastern Peril and Moonlight Beast. Plus even on S3....IT'S NOT TOO CHALLANGING except with the Onmagoug sometimes. Rainbow Beast seems to be no problem because the boss itself is usually wiped out in less than 5 minutes most of the time by a very good party with gunners and fighters.

Also, no one seems to care about the percentage ether....something I really cared about in the last GBR AND I had one of the highest!

It was certainly more interesting than this cupcake of a GBR even with universe 1 having 2-3 stars.

Get back to me when MAG+ comes around.

darkante
Nov 21, 2009, 03:19 AM
Hmm, and here i thought i had to wait a year to hunt a Adahna Unit.
Haha, still not motivating enough to return though.

j_endo
Nov 23, 2009, 02:27 PM
has ne1 gotten a giga or cati pp skill save

Allison_W
Nov 23, 2009, 03:46 PM
I'm probably the only one who's even bothered to try it, but The Magashi Plan is harrrrd. ;.;

j_endo
Nov 23, 2009, 05:15 PM
Last time I checked Astrophysics undergrad usually counts especially when I already have a job as it is >_>

it'll be ok i feel your pain Econ major + full-time job sucks plus i surf and have 2 billiards leagues XD ugh! too much stuff no bueno