PDA

View Full Version : Epic Fail: Anyone have some factual Job advice, and funny remarks

Meyfei
Nov 17, 2009, 01:35 PM
I'm bored, and have nothing to do. like nothing at all. 100% didlay splat nothing.

Minor Wall of text below for those who are bored.
i wanna work, yeah i wanna go out in the 50ft of snow, get the snow off the car... oh wait i cant drive... Walk through the 50ft of snow, wait an hour for a bus, and go to work.

I wanna put up with people telling me im a [spoiler] .... and a ...... with a ...... for a ...... because i could do ..... right and throw snow in my face, and also put up with a boss who's always an ..... because he cant see his ...... so he takes it out on his workers by calling them ....... and over working them[/spoiler-box]

games are boooooring me, either the community just gets boring and does nothing different, or its the same old do this, get money, waste it, get more money, waste it, more money, save it, more money, get ripped off, find another game, enjoy it, get bored.

Anyone got tips for actually getting a job? resume after resume, place after place, no one hires me.

There are so many people in my city i know of who dont even deserve to have a job, is it mainly because they have a kid, and the employer pities them and hires them so they can support the child (aka their drinking habbits/drug abuse)

Burnsro
Nov 17, 2009, 01:38 PM
Learn a marketable skill.

TalHex
Nov 17, 2009, 02:58 PM
Protip for getting hired: kidnap a kid first

honestly, it's their loss

Nitro Vordex
Nov 18, 2009, 10:45 PM
That was no where near a wall of text.

Get a job, stop playing shitty games, and go back to school. Going back to school, some places will help you pay for school.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 19, 2009, 02:12 AM
Or even quicker, fast track, vocational schools. If it fits your town being a contractor/home business out of the truck heavy one and not high riser corporate monkey suit bank bailout city.

MetaZedlen
Nov 19, 2009, 05:02 AM
Why in the hell do you want snow?

It's too snowy...

Outrider
Nov 19, 2009, 11:15 AM
I found my job on craigslist.

Volcompat321
Nov 19, 2009, 11:20 AM
Did you really? :o
I've heard that before, that's the only reason I'm taking that post semi-serious.

Burnsro
Nov 19, 2009, 11:26 AM
I got my Master System and an officially refurbished in 2001 Dreamcast on Craigslist.

Volcompat321
Nov 19, 2009, 11:30 AM
My friend recently sold his PSP2000 for $100 on Craigslist.
I need to look for T-Mobile phones. I broke mine, and I bought a $20 pre-paid phone, put my sim card in, and it's a piece of shit.
I think I'm going to break it every time I text. Literally.

So, anyone have a T-Mobile cell phone they will give/sell me? :o
Preferably not a POS one.

Outrider
Nov 19, 2009, 04:04 PM
Did you really? :o
I've heard that before, that's the only reason I'm taking that post semi-serious.

I did. My cousin also got his marketing (I think? I don't actually know what he does) job off of Craigslist.

I'm sure there are scams out there, but you'll see a lot of companies putting their listings on Craigslist. I've found that this is especially true with technology companies & start-ups.

Volcompat321
Nov 20, 2009, 03:02 AM
Wow, well that's pretty darn cool.
I'm gonna look for jobs now then! lol.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 20, 2009, 05:48 AM
marketing (I think? I don't actually know what he does) job

He works with or is the Amazon sorting and shipping wonder of the world.

Granted if he is selling things people want, not forcing things nobody needs down someone's face...
*STACKER 2!! terribly conceived video game commercial goes here*

Outrider
Nov 20, 2009, 11:16 AM
Actually, now that I think about it, he might be a personal assistant.

I will check with him over the Thanksgiving holiday and report back.