PDA

View Full Version : I am not going to get Phantasy Star Zero.

Burnsro
Nov 19, 2009, 07:49 AM
Personally I am not getting it because I have not gotten laid in six months and PSZ will not help me find and seduce a woman. Who else is not getting it and why?

Volcompat321
Nov 19, 2009, 08:14 AM
I'm not getting it for two reasons.
I don't own a DS, and I will not buy one for PSZ.
And, I could find at least 10 other things I could spend the money on, that I'll enjoy more.
Not that I hate, or wouldn't try PSZ, but I currently have no interest.

Burnsro
Nov 19, 2009, 09:38 AM
Okay there must seriously be something wrong with the mods. I wasn't making a joke thread and this does not belong in FKL. Is it because none of you have ever gotten laid or anything?

Volcompat321
Nov 19, 2009, 09:41 AM
I have not gotten laid in six months and PSZ will not help me find and seduce a woman.

This is why it got FKL'd.
I'd say if anything, it would belong in the Rants section, but either one works.

It doesn't really matter, just let it go.

Next time though, you should say "I'm not getting PSZ, because [insert reason, other than haven't been laid in 6 months here]".
Then ask people why, or why not.

Burnsro
Nov 19, 2009, 09:45 AM
How is that not a valid reason? It's true. If I said any other reason it would be a lie.

edit: Mods can you move this to rants then? FKL doesn't lend itself to serious discussion.

Volcompat321
Nov 19, 2009, 10:01 AM
It's not that you lied or not, it's that you said you hadn't got laid.
I guess you're not supposed to say that? :o
Plus, you have to admit, with your history with threads, it probably does belong here.

Though, I'm not saying it does, because I think it should be in Rants at the very least.

Burnsro
Nov 19, 2009, 10:11 AM
Well I think saying that I haven't gotten laid is fine. I mean, some users have half naked cartoon characters in their signature or make posts of them so why would mentioning something like this be any worse?

Volcompat321
Nov 19, 2009, 10:16 AM
Because, you're Burnsro! :wacko:
lol.
I don't know really, I'm just messin' with ya.

Anyway, back to PSZ, have you seen any type of gameplay or anything for it?
I haven't yet, but I heard it was decent. I want to see how the two screens come in play.
Also, I heard that Newmans come from the MOON in this?!
WTF? :o

Burnsro
Nov 19, 2009, 10:20 AM
Yeah, the moon. I don't want to play some poor mashup of PSO x Lunar. I mean you can really see that PSZ under utilizes the capabilities of the DS to make it seem like the Sega Saturn could do a better job at showing the narrative of this game.

Volcompat321
Nov 19, 2009, 10:25 AM
Well that sucks.
I'll have to look up some videos of it online.
What are they doing with the second screen o the DS. I hope it's not just used as a little map or menu thing. I also hope it incorporates the touch part.
I bought a DS when they first came out, and then again right after the Lites came out, and I bought 1 game with both of them, and neither of those two games used the touch part of the second screen.
The first game it was a map, and you couldn't do ...anything with it if I remember right, and the second one was...I forget which game.
But it wasn't touchable. Very sad.

EDIT:
Okay, I just watched this video-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbLnb5VdEGA
Well, that game looks like it could have been made on a NES!
I got 50 seconds in, and gave up.
Absolutely not getting it now.

Outrider
Nov 19, 2009, 11:03 AM
This thread has got to be part of some sort of comedy routine.

Volcompat321
Nov 19, 2009, 11:05 AM
Well, I was being somewhat serious.
I wouldn't buy a DS just for PSZ, and IMO, it looks like a horrible game.
But, looks can be deceiving.

Burnsro
Nov 19, 2009, 11:25 AM

Could you please discuss why you aren't getting PSZ. Otherwise you are just spamming in my thread and I'll have to do something about that. Thanks.

W0LB0T
Nov 19, 2009, 11:40 AM
Personally I am not getting it because I have not gotten laid in six months and PSZ will not help me find and seduce a woman. Who else is not getting it and why?
So according to this thread, you are 6 months old.

Volcompat321
Nov 19, 2009, 11:43 AM
So according to this thread, you are 6 months old.

I don't get it. :o

TalHex
Nov 19, 2009, 11:46 AM
Well, I was being somewhat serious.
I wouldn't buy a DS just for PSZ, and IMO, it looks like a horrible game.
But, looks can be deceiving.

actually... to tell you the truth it's about the exact same thing as PSO with a different setting >.>

oh how i long for the days in video gaming when game play was considered more important then graphics...

EDIT: SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

Volcompat321
Nov 19, 2009, 11:51 AM
actually... to tell you the truth it's about the exact same thing as PSO with a different setting >.>

oh how i long for the days in video gaming when game play was considered more important then graphics...

Well, that's not so bad.
And hey hey, I'm not only hating on it because of the graphics.
(Though I may have only said that here, I believe different).
The whole Newman from the MOOOOOON thing gets me.
If I ever do get a DS, I'm sure I'll grab this game, but like I said, as of now, I wont go buy one to play PSZ.

Zephton
Nov 19, 2009, 11:53 AM

Agreed.

Zephton
Nov 19, 2009, 11:56 AM
Well, that's not so bad.
If I ever do get a DS, I'm sure I'll grab this game, but like I said, as of now, I wont go buy one to play PSZ.

Also, while I really do enjoy this game a lot, I wouldn't buy a DS just to get it, I can give you that.

Volcompat321
Nov 19, 2009, 11:59 AM
Yea.
And to be honest, if I didn't already own a PSP, I wouldn't have bought one to play Phantasy Star Portable 1 or 2 to play it either.

TalHex
Nov 19, 2009, 12:01 PM
buying any system for just one game is always a bad idea... i learned that the hard way a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

Burnsro
Nov 19, 2009, 03:20 PM
Well, that's not so bad.

Yeah it's just blatantly copying the story from Lunar and telling it in an inferior manner on hardware that is comparable to the hardware that Lunar was on.

ShinMaruku
Nov 19, 2009, 03:49 PM
Well I think saying that I haven't gotten laid is fine. I mean, some users have half naked cartoon characters in their signature or make posts of them so why would mentioning something like this be any worse?
Oi don't be bringin me up inna this.. :E

It's too touchy a subject here I guess so they put it in this place for some reason. Similarly my topics used to get put in here because people don't like thinking for some reason.
Why I ain't gettin PSZ no game will make me buy the DS (Plus the game looks horrible on that screen)

Outrider
Nov 19, 2009, 04:07 PM
It's actually a pretty good-looking game. I would be unimpressed if it were on the Xbox 360, but it looks great on the DS.

But then again, I can understand the difference between technical limitations and design limitations.

ShinMaruku
Nov 19, 2009, 04:09 PM
The screen makes it look terrible it's not so much the game's fault but the DS makes 3d look wonky

Burnsro
Nov 19, 2009, 04:19 PM
Well there is a DSi LL coming out with a bigger screen if screen size is a concern. I'm just not getting it because it is trying to be like Lunar but it will not surpass Lunar's story so I don't want to be disappointed.

Also I blocked your image ShinMaruku because it gives me an uncontrollable bodily response and I don't think that is fair to the users on this board but I guess the mods are okay with that.

Zarode
Nov 19, 2009, 04:29 PM
Also I blocked your image ShinMaruku because it gives me an uncontrollable bodily response

There is a surgery for that. Irreversible, though.

ShinMaruku
Nov 19, 2009, 04:30 PM
You have no idea how much sis the mods have sacked from me :P
If you think this one is bad...

Burnsro
Nov 19, 2009, 04:31 PM
Yes I do think it is bad. Lately I have been fighting very hard not to sin so it is troublesome if I see too many pictures like that.

ShinMaruku
Nov 19, 2009, 04:35 PM
The lord says be fruitful and multiply. :E

Delete
Nov 19, 2009, 04:48 PM
EDIT:
Okay, I just watched this video-
PSZuck! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbLnb5VdEGA)
Well, that game looks like it could have been made on a NES!
I got 50 seconds in, and gave up.
Absolutely not getting it now.

Wow, that looks really slow and crappy (no offense). I will wait for PS:P 2 instead.

Weeaboolits
Nov 19, 2009, 05:12 PM
Also I blocked your image ShinMaruku because it gives me an uncontrollable bodily response and I don't think that is fair to the users on this board but I guess the mods are okay with that.Your constant updates as to which images you have blocked are very much appreciated, but last time I checked the stretch/skew function wasn't biological.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 20, 2009, 05:56 AM
You have no idea how much sis the mods have sacked from me :P
You've had boobies in your profile forever, you get no small violins even.
-

If a this was a reply to another wacky PSZ thread, in its forum, of which people sometimes get naughty for no reason and could keep that to themselves, it could have flown under the radar and not been the worst post in a topic by a mile. Also could have just been an okay response to not buying the game, if in jest and would start its own side convo that might not end well.

So there's that. (If it was just a reply and not a full topic OP, I stand corrected)

Believe you me, because saying believe it was a co.jp cartoon phrase after North Americanization buy all the DVD'ers profit projections for the next 11teen years.