PDA

View Full Version : Slow-Motion / Lag? problems anyone?

voodlar
Nov 19, 2009, 06:41 PM
Is anyone out there experiencing a "slow-motion" lag while walking in lobbies and a "super slow-motion" lag during missions? Whenever my characters walk through the psu world, they slow down in certain spots and when other characters are in sight. Same result occurs when in mission - even when I'm solo and enemies have yet to spawn. I'm on pc and have tried the following:

reboot system
already on frameskip 1
launched task manager during boot up and set gameguard files to low priority
ran virus and antispyware scan - no anomolies
video card is relatively new and functioning perfectly (so is Internet)

None of these had any effect. I've been playing PSU for going on 2 years now. Never had a problem until that massive lag issue before Protectors alpha n beta? Fell victim to that one totally. Sega mysteriously fixed that and said "sowwies". Then that lag totally blew me out of Protectors gamma and delta. Apparently, my modem being obselete was the cause of that. -- thanx Comcast!

Sorry about the length of this. It's just that I haven't heard of anyone having this problem yet but me. --- and it just started Thursday night 11/18. I suppose I am wondering if it's a Gameguard update that caused my system to suddenly fail to handle the game??? That just doesn't make sense after so many months of smoothness. I also don't want to send in a ticket if the problem is on my end.

Any help , suggestions , or confirmation of this problem would be appreciated. Hope you're having better luck than me.