PDA

View Full Version : Just got a 360. New to PSU.

ICN3D
Nov 19, 2009, 08:42 PM
I have 2 quetions. I know there is 2 Phantasy Star games for the 360. Which one do I need to play "Universe" or "Illumina"? Also, I heard from the Gamespot review that there were concerns that people have been or would kick players out of there group at the end of a boss battle to get rares and more XP, wtf is that true??

Thanks.

Shou
Nov 19, 2009, 08:46 PM
You need the original game for the 360 and then to download the expansion off the XBL market.

I have heard there are many Dbags on the 360 and I have seen it so yes.

garjian
Nov 20, 2009, 08:05 AM
the xbox servers are fine,

if you can see someone fits the criteria of an idiot, dont play with them.
you'll find it a much nicer community if you do.

Delete
Nov 20, 2009, 11:34 AM
Like Shou said, you do need the original game and then the expansion. About the booting stuff though, I would just make some friends on here and play with them. I'm sure some of us (me included) wouldn't mine helping ya.

Volcompat321
Nov 20, 2009, 11:41 AM
"Illuminati"

Off topic-
Did someone say Illuminati? :o
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/Volcompat321/2577a75c.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

SuperRygar
Nov 20, 2009, 11:43 AM
didnt they fix it so that the leader cant remove from party once the boss is beat? i read that somewhere

Shou
Nov 20, 2009, 12:06 PM
I think so but whats to stop you from booting b4 the boss? I'm sure it doesn't happen often if at all. There is much more booting durring the mission for things such as being a techer, using obsolete gear, not having a mic, or because your voice is annoying.

Squirrel3D
Nov 20, 2009, 02:06 PM
I think so but whats to stop you from booting b4 the boss? I'm sure it doesn't happen often if at all. There is much more booting durring the mission for things such as being a techer, using obsolete gear, not having a mic, or because your voice is annoying.

And they are all ridiculous and proof that psychonut eletists exist in this game.

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 20, 2009, 02:29 PM
Nah, I disagree about the elitist comment. Spamming rafoie is really laggy, using 40% dark on dark enemies and not contributing any way to the party (you know.. you've seen it), could care less about mic (I barely use mine), and annoying voice... take off mic. First two I can see.

Squirrel3D
Nov 20, 2009, 10:39 PM
Nah, I disagree about the elitist comment. Spamming rafoie is really laggy, using 40% dark on dark enemies and not contributing any way to the party (you know.. you've seen it), could care less about mic (I barely use mine), and annoying voice... take off mic. First two I can see.

# 1: Well if rafoie is so laggy, then how come this issue is never brought up as a problem with the game? How come I never lag when I use it or when other people are using it? What if I or others want to level it up to be used as a major damage tech? Ether your router or whatever isn't very good for handling online games....or I'm just reading nothing but excuses.

#2:I never use one element on an emeny that has the same element except netural. Chopper Thomas has a few netural weapons that I like to use when I can't find or purchase weapons opposite of the enemies. I think anyone who uses the same element as the enemy is an idiot and doesn't know shit about the game. Don't tell me I'll get booted for using a netural weapon....give me a break.

#3:And please give me your definition of 'contributing' to the party, because I found out that many people in the game has their own little way of wanting someone to contribute.

All three of these points are just some of many examples of why I'm not crazy about this game anymore.

Majarra
Nov 21, 2009, 02:34 AM
# 1: Well if rafoie is so laggy, then how come this issue is never brought up as a problem with the game? How come I never lag when I use it or when other people are using it? What if I or others want to level it up to be used as a major damage tech? Ether your router or whatever isn't very good for handling online games....or I'm just reading nothing but excuses.

#2:I never use one element on an emeny that has the same element except netural. Chopper Thomas has a few netural weapons that I like to use when I can't find or purchase weapons opposite of the enemies. I think anyone who uses the same element as the enemy is an idiot and doesn't know shit about the game. Don't tell me I'll get booted for using a netural weapon....give me a break.

#3:And please give me your definition of 'contributing' to the party, because I found out that many people in the game has their own little way of wanting someone to contribute.

All three of these points are just some of many examples of why I'm not crazy about this game anymore.

/facepalm. Why don't you go stand in the middle of a rafoie then see what she means.

Squirrel3D
Nov 21, 2009, 02:50 AM
/facepalm. Why don't you go stand in the middle of a rafoie then see what she means.

You know what.....with that comment and how little challanging this GBR is, I'm taking a long ass hiatus from PSU. Now that I finally got PSZero, I don't have to worry about BS that Sega can't fix like rafoie making things so laggy that people like you bitch about it and S3 GBR missions that aren't very challanging.

And I'm just gonna say it now....if MAG+ or something more interesting does not come along in this once great game soon....I'm gonna do what Tetsaru (who most of you ran out of this place cuz you can't take a blunt informed opinion) did, quit...never go back to this game again....just play blue burst, PS:P, PSZero, and the upcoming PSP2, and NOT HOLD BACK on what I think of PSU until I'm ran out too.

Majarra
Nov 21, 2009, 06:03 AM
You know what.....with that comment and how little challanging this GBR is, I'm taking a long ass hiatus from PSU. Now that I finally got PSZero, I don't have to worry about BS that Sega can't fix like rafoie making things so laggy that people like you bitch about it and S3 GBR missions that aren't very challanging.

And I'm just gonna say it now....if MAG+ or something more interesting does not come along in this once great game soon....I'm gonna do what Tetsaru (who most of you ran out of this place cuz you can't take a blunt informed opinion) did, quit...never go back to this game again....just play blue burst, PS:P, PSZero, and the upcoming PSP2, and NOT HOLD BACK on what I think of PSU until I'm ran out too.

Hehe :3. Know what you mean there. And MAG+ isn't interesting lol. The same event for the third time now sucks. Its only good for the EXP and drops. Again once PSP2 is out AOTI won't hold a candle. Anyway have fun on other games.

Overlord Chan
Nov 21, 2009, 07:34 AM
Not everyone of us has gotten a chance to play Mag during Event times. =/

ICN3D
Nov 26, 2009, 02:08 AM
I use to play PSO endlessly. I just recently got a 360 and just a few hours ago PSU. Its obtuse. Thats to say the least. I'm sure this game is pretty good once you get into it, but iI cant even figure out where to go to start out. WTH do i look for parties to join. I think the Guardians place is the spot but I'm not paying $10 a month to go through computer controled training. The training for the online part didnt help me with shit. Also, it says im level on top of my character but level 2 in my avatar......wtf is that about??

Please, does anyone have the time or patience to show a noob around?......if it helps I am familiar with PSO.

PS: my main question is where is the lobby??

sikotic_demon
Nov 26, 2009, 04:28 AM
once i manage to get back home from the hospital i will gladly help you out with all of that... i remember being a new player once too though that was about 3 years ago now... i should be on some time saturday or sunday
just send me a friend request on live my GT is Sikotic demon just make sure to add a message reminding me i told you to add me for PSU as i have been recieving fr's from clan mates on forza 3...

to answer your main question the lobby system is far diffrent from pso... like you i played for ages, the dreamcast was my system... there are probably 40 diffrent lobbys and missions in almost every counter.. its alot to learn all at once... my advice is dont try to compare it to pso. that wil;l only end in dissappointment i assure you... think of this more as its own game..

sikotic_demon
Nov 26, 2009, 04:46 AM
and if thats your attitude about things squrrel then i feel i speak for a portion of the community when i say that we will be better off without you being there spreading your negitivity to those of us that do still enjoy this game....

and yes i know i probably just poked a sore spot and will catch the raw end of it but i dont rightly care... next time please think before you kill any new life in the community.. otherwise we are gaurnteed it will die sooner than expected.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Nov 26, 2009, 03:08 PM
and if thats your attitude about things squrrel then i feel i speak for a portion of the community when i say that we will be better off without you being there spreading your negitivity to those of us that do still enjoy this game....

and yes i know i probably just poked a sore spot and will catch the raw end of it but i dont rightly care... next time please think before you kill any new life in the community.. otherwise we are gaurnteed it will die sooner than expected.

My question to ppl who post stuff like this, have you ever stopped to think about the reson why ppl post negative things?

Here's my theory: Pll who say negative things about this game are most likely like myself and acually like this game which is why they are angry about the things wrong with it. Which I might add has been going on for years now..

It's not about driving off the new players is simply telling them how it is so they can make an educated dicision on wheather they want to pay $20+ dollars to get started on a game they may not enjoy. I'm not trying to attack you I'm simply trying to give you a diffrent point of view.

Most of the ppl I know who quit (myself included) quit for pretty much the same basic resons and thos are 1)Lack of new content 2)Lack of good support from ST 3)Lack of populaion which is the end result of the previous 2 resons. Top all that off with the fact that almost every event we've had there has been at least one major issue which doesnt get fixed until its over. (If ever)

SuperRygar
Nov 26, 2009, 05:21 PM
ugh...same old thread progression. people like tetsaru and squirrel just browse the forum looking for an opening to rant about how much they hate the game, and state why they aren't playing anymore and all the reasons. you know what, nobody really cares. *most* of us come here to talk about playing the game not NOT PLAYING the game. i guess somehow you've convinced yourself that your doing good by informing all the potential new players of the downside to PSU. the fact is, each person is going to like/dislike the game based on what they expect it to be. so some people see how slow the updates are and how the JP servers get stuff sooner and decide that ruined the game. and all these gameplay problems or things that need tweaking...all games are like that. even big name games like Final Fantasy XI have their share of problems. when i first started there was no way to sync your level with everyone else. so if your in a pt and you level up, you'l get kicked out because your too high and it makes the xp smaller for everyone else. some nights i couldnt even play because i couldnt find a pt. there's TONS of people, but i still couldnt find a pt. then they introduced level sync, but that was only like...4-5 years after the game was released. and that game is the worst for discrimination, because when your in a pt its actually a struggle to defeat just normal field monsters. so if your a mage-type and your a galka(lowest MP/magic attack) NOBODY will invite you. that being said, PSU is a game where anyone can be whatever they want, its a casual fighting experience and its a social experience. just becuase you dont like something in a game doesnt mean someone else wont like the game because of that reason. its all based on our own expectations. it seems you've all conviced yourselves that your in some way 'helping' new players make informed decisions on whether to play or not based on your opinions and preferences. its getting annoying really......

this is not directed at any one person, but to all you negative nancys who can't let things go. seems like a lot of people want to emulate tetsaru, like he's so cool and bad-ass for being a critic. some even go as far as SAYING they're like tetsaru. i have nothing against the other side of the coin, its healthy to hear both sides of an arguement. but the negative side claims they are saying their opinion so the others can make a decision and they want others to accept what they say as the truth, but they dont listen to what the other side is saying or accept anything other than what they've already decided is truth. that's the problem i have with all these petty arguements

Night Crawler
Nov 26, 2009, 07:47 PM
I am kinda new to PSU. New in the sense that I quit 1 year ago and deleted everything. I mean everything. All my characters and photon arts. 2 1/2 years worth all gone. I gave everything else away. I quit for my own reasons. I'm back now just to have fun. I'm not taking the game to seriously anymore. Its just for fun. PSU will never be as much as games like World of Warcraft which I don't care for. There's just not enough people playing. All that being said. I have friends who pretty much give me as much, actually more stuff and meseta than I really need starting out again. It's really cool and fun now. The game is what it is. A lot of fun. It will never be updated more often than SEGA actually updates it. If you want more updates then maybe you should just take a break. The game just isn't as much as WOW. Personally I have a real life outside PSU there are lots of other games to play. Now my character is lvl 70. Which to me seems awesome after 1 eek of playing. I am a lvl 2 Fighmaster. I was shocked at the speed boost I got with the promotion.

All of that being said. I am surprised at how easy going the community is. It's really refreshing. Since there are not so many people playing it would be easy to get a bad rep. It's like a small town, word just gets around. I don't play during peak hours. It is very hard sometimes to get in any party let alone a good one. I am happy to do the lost girl mission a few times if I'm close to leveling my class or my character. I think the game is what we make of it. I try to tell new players to check things out. If you get a good drop. Just think if that person wants you to sell it to them so badly. There's a reason they want it. Just think if they want it then you might want it. Don't be a sucker. At least see what it sells for before you give it away or sell it for cheap.

Anyway the game is what we make of it. I am thinking about playing the Demo 1 day per week. Maybe make some friends and help out some noobs if they decide to come over to the real game. If there is anyone here with similar goals please send me and invite in the game, or a PM here. We could exchange ideas and see if we can do something fun. But for our reasons. Not for SEGA or Sonic Team. For ourselves and the community. Anyway it's good to be back. My characters are all new to the game. I was here before was past is history. I had a good Rep. when I left. I just want to do all new characters.

Have fun in the game. Don't hate on anyone and lets have some good times

sikotic_demon
Nov 26, 2009, 11:26 PM
I'm back now just to have fun.
Have fun in the game. Don't hate on anyone and lets have some good times

This is the attitue a true gamer should have.... We play the game to have fun. If you are not having fun then quit peacefully please. I understand the frustration with the lack of content however when the colony GBR came what i saw only confirmed my original thoughts. And that is that a large portion of the remaining community only know the White Beast mission. And if thats the only thing you do then ofcourse your gonna get bored. Now i know everyone is there for the drops, money, EXP/MP, ect... but if that is all you play then ofcourse you will get bored with the game fast. Just so you know i am not here to start a war. I only ask that those of you running through the fourms not degrade the game every time a new player asks for help. The problem we have is there is not enough playerbase to warrent much attention from SOJ. And if you keep turning away the new players then you only seal the fate of a game you claim to love so much. Less hate, more support for the fresh faces. Then maybe the population will rise again and updates will begin to flow.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Nov 27, 2009, 02:03 PM
I owe everyone an apology it seems. See I made the mistake of assuming that these forums were a place where one could speak their mind and discuss points of opinions.

I tried to give others a diffrent perspective on things and instead of ppl discussing it I see walls of text saying ppl who think that way are wrong and need to just shut up.

That said: that's another reson ppl quit this game, ppl who have to be right and ridicul thos who simply want to discuss certain points but just get ignorance as a result. I was hoping to use these forums to make some more friends but I see now that's not gonna happen until most ppl here grow up. (Alot...)

SuperRygar
Nov 27, 2009, 02:41 PM
I owe everyone an apology it seems.

Thank you

That said: that's another reson ppl quit this game, ppl who have to be right and ridicul thos who simply want to discuss certain points but just get ignorance as a result. I was hoping to use these forums to make some more friends but I see now that's not gonna happen until most ppl here grow up. (Alot...)

Actually a very small percentage of people who played PSU visited and participated in these forums

I didnt even read your post, until now, so what I said wasnt really directed towards you. But looking at it now things like this..

Most of the ppl I know who quit (myself included) quit for pretty much the same basic resons and thos are 1)Lack of new content 2)Lack of good support from ST 3)Lack of populaion which is the end result of the previous 2 resons. Top all that off with the fact that almost every event we've had there has been at least one major issue which doesnt get fixed until its over. (If ever)

..are going to be specific to each person. I've never had an issue with lack of content, ever. Because I've never played so much that I managed to do everything. And as for major issues during events, I was never affected by any of those, so why would I quit because other people had problems? All I was saying is that even issues like this wont affect everyone the same way. New people joining the game won't have these issues because they have 2 years worth of stuff to go through. If they get to a point where there is a lack of things to do then they will decide what to do. Your input has no bearing and may be making a false impression on newcomers(who read these forums..which is a very small number). I never said anything absolute, I never said anything about me being right or wrong. I simply offered my own opinion, just as you say your doing. Don't be a hypocrite

Night Crawler
Nov 27, 2009, 11:34 PM
This is a place you can speak your mind. The problem is where people post negative comments in a post like here. Where someone is new to the game. This is not really the place for really negative stuff. If you want to post negative. Do it in a baww post. Or create your own post. Do what ever you want but try to understand some of us just want to play and have fun. We do accept things as they are. If your bored in the game. Come back for an event. I cant stress enough how important it is to just take a break. If you wish to be constructive and make the game better. Lets all tell SEGA what we want, maybe a wish list. And offer our help to make it happen. What can we do as players to entice people to come over from the demo. I was just on the demo today. Its like PSU was two years ago. Lots and lots of players. If there were that many people playing the real game. It would be a lot more fun. I just try to find something to do when there is no one on. Maybe Synthing or buyng or selling. Once I figure out the most likely place to find new players to the game. And the best day to mentor so to speak. I am serious about orientating newcomers to the game. I cannot save PSU by myself. I'm not sure if I would want to. But I would like to make some new friends. And add to the community. It is so important that new players meet cool people when they start out!============================A better PSU AOTI!!

sikotic_demon
Nov 30, 2009, 04:54 PM
I couldnt agree with you more Night Crawler. The best part of the came is when you meet people in the comunity that are willing to help in any way they can. We the community as a whole have the ability to change the game if we so choose. But in order to do so some must first change their way of thinking. If we begin taking care of the new players and teaching them the game they are more likely to stay playing. The only thing i have ever asked of the new players i help is that when they get set and a new player asks them for a little help learning the game just remember that they were there once. Kindness in the community prmotes more kindness. A player will stay not because of the game but bacaues of the people they play it with.

Night Crawler
Nov 30, 2009, 08:21 PM
More on my situation. I am not ready to help newcomers the way I want. Its kind of a work in progress. I will be experimenting around until I find a few things that work. My character is only level 81 now. I do have good gear for myself. I need to be at a higher level to earn more items and Meseta to really do what I want. I wont really be committing much of my own resources until I find out what works. For now I will just do a couple of missions here and there with low levels. When I am ready to kick it into high gear I will start a post for newcomers. Or maybe a guide on what I find works best. Any suggestions and help anyone has to add would be appreciated. It will mostly be a commitment in time which is the hardest thing for any of us to do. When I have something more meaningful that's when I will start things off.

Until then Thanks!

sikotic_demon
Dec 1, 2009, 04:38 PM
I could assist you with helping the necomers if you would like... I already have a decent pool of resources to start with seeing as a try to synth almost anything i find.