PDA

View Full Version : Kupi's Game Over Giveaway ...is over!

Kupi
Feb 24, 2003, 07:17 PM
Odd title, you ask? Well, let me fill you in on what's up with me and my piddling insignificant frustrations. See, I have a ton of alternate characters. Levelling them all, raising their mags, just to get more rares, has struck me as a truly futile proposition. So, I'm getting rid of them all, even my FOmarl Kupi who I now consider an alt since Kupi used to be a FOmar and I think I actually enjoyed that better. But hey, why be selfish and destroy everything I've gained without letting other people in on the fun?

This is the point where the greedy can start paying attention.

See, I don't want what rares I've accumulated any more. I'm starting over completely and totally. But someone might like what I've got. So, before I wipe it all out, I'm going to hold a big party, as it were, to spread out the wealth. Basically, you join the game, I look at what class you are, and I give you something appropriate. Only one gift per person, unless stuff slows down, in which case feel free to come back. Among the stuff you could get:

God/Mind
Flight Fan (I have two)
Caduceus (25 A.Beast)
Kaladbolg (15 or 20% A.Beast and Dark, 50% Machine)
L&K4 Combat (30% Hit)
Diska of Liberator (30% Hit)
Magic Water
Grass Assassin's Sabers
Technical Crozier (45% Hit)
Suppressed Gun (30% A.Beast, 10% Hit)
God Hand
Yamato
Musashi
Tech disks of various sorts
Photon Drops
AddSlots
Stink Frame (1 slot)
D-Parts v.2.10 (I have two, one with a slot)

This and much more of various value! Tell your friends, family, obscure aquaintences and anyone else who might like to get something nice from a guy who's willing to give it away for free! And before people worry, don't even give the idea that it's duped a second thought. I can swear to the legitimacy of these items; found them all myself.

Time and place is: Event is over. Thank you to all who attended!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kupi on 2003-03-01 19:23 ]</font>

Shadoguy
Feb 24, 2003, 08:35 PM
Just wondering which block wil this take place in, and what's the team name and password.

Oedi
Feb 24, 2003, 09:36 PM
Hi Kupi, I'll do my best to make the party.

-Oedi

p.s. let me know if you need anything.

Kupi
Feb 24, 2003, 10:07 PM
Heh... I always miss something, don't I? Well... Altair 8 sounds good to me. I don't remember anyone claiming that block before, so that's where it's going to be. I've updated the original post accordingly. Thanks for catching me on that!

Kupi
Feb 27, 2003, 03:12 PM
Well, I've made it to Thursday and plans haven't changed. I might like to know, though, who plans to attend. If you plan to come, could you please PM me saying so (Oedi and Shadoguy excluded since I already know). And, the game name will be "Game Over." That is all.

PrimateLord
Feb 27, 2003, 06:12 PM
Ooooo, Ooooo! I'll come. This seems like too good an opportunity to pass up. I'll be a HUcaseal named Shinigami

MonoxideChild
Feb 27, 2003, 09:16 PM
I thought this was suppose to happen today? Where's it at?

Kupi
Feb 27, 2003, 10:11 PM
No, it's on Saturday, as I stated in my original post. If I didn't, I'm terribly sorry. Hope to see you there!

(Gosh, with the PM's and posts, I'm up to 22 people showing up! O_O)

Please also note, to anyone taking a repeat read on this topic, that the rare I give to you will be somewhat random. I can't determine exactly what you'll be getting since I might already have given what you want to someone. But, I'll try not to get annoyed since I realize that these items're somewhat popular. I hope we all have fun with this, in any case! ^_^

Edit: Oh yeah! And if you see just me in the game during the last half-hour of the event, feel free to come back for another item. No use in just hanging on to stuff. As the saying goes, you can't take it with you. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kupi on 2003-02-27 19:13 ]</font>

MonoxideChild
Feb 27, 2003, 10:17 PM
ah damn, won't be able to make it. I have to work. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kupi
Feb 28, 2003, 04:51 PM
Sorry to hear that, Monoxide. =/ Maybe one of my items will wind up in the hands of someone who'll trade an item of mine to you eventually. 8D

Kupi
Mar 1, 2003, 08:10 PM
The event is now underway! Come and get these rares while they're hot, juicy, and... er... rare. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: Only accept items from a level 104 FOmarl named "Kupi." Anyone else is a fake.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kupi on 2003-03-01 17:11 ]</font>

TheGoldenVanity
Mar 1, 2003, 08:20 PM
this was so much fun.
crazy.
i loved it.
i got some imperial armor.
it was just a riot.
fake kupi's showing up everywhere telling people to go all these other places.
this was a cool pso event.

gamerdude
Mar 1, 2003, 08:41 PM
I didn't get a thing! I got in right after kupi left! Only 5 people that I could see actually got items. What happened kupi?

Kupi
Mar 1, 2003, 08:47 PM
Did you get redirected? You probably fell victim to a fake. I'm at True GameOver at Altair 8 right now.

EDIT: A friend just informed me: one of the fakes is claiming I've duped my free stuff. Read my first paragraph, and tell me that I'd be trying to push dupes. Some people...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kupi on 2003-03-01 17:48 ]</font>

SilentBob
Mar 1, 2003, 08:53 PM
er i just showed up to find a fake kupi doing stuff...

edit: oh i see ur in the real room now, well ill check that out if someone goes...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SilentBob on 2003-03-01 17:54 ]</font>

Kupi
Mar 1, 2003, 09:04 PM
Another update, and from here I'll just edit this post, so watch this if you're paying attention.

The current game is: PSOW GameOver.

SilentBob
Mar 1, 2003, 09:15 PM
ok thanks Kupi! that was so nice of you...too bad some bad people were hanging out there.

the_af
Mar 1, 2003, 09:35 PM
thanks a lot, kupi http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I'm sorry that the other kupi guy was being an ass. If it was that big of a deal, i think i'd just move the thing. Online clan crap is probably the stupidest thing ever, and if that's really all he was worried about, i'd give the little whiner his block back. i'm going to check back there again and see if anyone ever comes around.

Just remember that some people appreciate generosity, and the rest can deal with it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

TheGoldenVanity
Mar 1, 2003, 09:43 PM
i feel really bad.
i got greedy and went back for more and kupi busted me.
sorry kupi. i tried to take advantage of your good nature.
my human nature got the best of me.
noooooooo.

Kupi
Mar 1, 2003, 10:21 PM
Well, Kupi's Game Over Giveaway is now closed.

In all, I gave out over 70 items to something like 50 eager visitors. Props to Mello for the overall moral support and help against the fakes (if any of you guys are reading this, please read the next paragraph), in the form of this text and my nostalgic Diska of Braveman +9 with 10% Native, earned in my very first victory over Dal Ra Lie. Thanks to everyone who took one of my beloved rares with them, and I hope you put them to good use!

As to the issue of the fake Kupi's running around, I say to them: I'm sorry. As one of them pointed out to me later, if I was going to host something for the people of PSOW, I probably should have hosted it on Antares 8 where everyone from PSOW is anyway. Also, I could've checked the block and time that I had planned to see if anyone was there anyway, so I apologize for not doing my research. While I do feel that I didn't have enough visitors to truly clog the block (over 100 people on at once) and that cloning me and pointing people to other blocks was a bit of an extreme reaction, I would not say that the attack was unprovoked. However, in the end it was all settled diplomatically, I'm sorry for the inconvinience that I caused you, and in the future I will not host my parties on Altair 8. Thank you for accepting my apology (as one did in the game). ^_^

Congrats to ShortArtyChk, the player who won the end-of-event jackpot of every remaining item in my stash after the main event. You should've seen the look on that FOnewearl's face when she turned the corner in the Lab and saw all those red boxes spinning around. XD

All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better party. I'd even say the conflict with the natives made it more fun! 8D

Mello
Mar 1, 2003, 10:29 PM
Its was SOOOOooo much fun... except for the fakes one of them faked me and said i was a fake and said gross things http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif (i think the culprit (mello fake) is a guy called tails)
but other than that it was fun!

the_af
Mar 1, 2003, 11:21 PM
I'm sorry if i offend anyone, but that little online server turf war was probably the stupidest thing i've ever personally witnessed. How did you provoke some 14 year old pso CLaN-RoX0R!@!@! (i made that name up, btw) gamer kiddie to come disrupt your game?

I just wanted to publicly voice my disgust at the persons actions, in the event he/she comes and looks at these boards. if needed, tell me and i'll delete it in a second. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

TheGoldenVanity
Mar 2, 2003, 07:35 AM
has there been a better party?
i told my brother about it, and he went in and got a double saber, exactly what he asked for.
it was like christmas.
so kupi why did you do this again?
are you gonna get the xbox version or something?
thanks for some of the most fun ever.