PDA

View Full Version : let's talk canon: linking ps0 and PSO

GHNeko
Nov 20, 2009, 05:16 AM
okay because i'm a fanboy for canonical discussion of games that have never been publically/officially announced to be connected (megaman anyone)

i want to talk about the bridge between these 2 amazing games.

PSO EP1-4 and PS0

so far I have gathered that PSZ has most likely happened after PSO and is a sequal.

let's assume that the great blank is what PSO is referring to when they talk about destruction of their home planet.

and that coral (IIRC) = earth

kgo

Bitzen
Nov 20, 2009, 05:25 AM
Coral is earth, they even say so in a quest after you beat the game that involves digging up more info about Mother Trinity. Apparently the people who built her are from Pioneer 1, hoping to repair their enviroment before ultimately abanoning it.

GHNeko
Nov 20, 2009, 05:29 AM
So basically P1 built MT, which gets hit by DF, in which as they face destruction, they bounce and head over to ragol, in which they meet falz up there and get owned.

okay. how long did it take P1 to go from Coral to Ragol?

landman
Nov 20, 2009, 10:24 AM
Not exactly, the Great Blank provably occurred some time after PSO events, maybe years, Coral and Ragol were in contact for at least two decades, PSO Episode III takes place 20 years after PSO Episode II (and IV), and the Pioneer II government is still in contact (and in control under) the Coral government, what's more, the Mother Project started on Ragol, Osto from Pioneer I started it, and I don't remember the details but Episode 2 and 4 had some missions about it (Callus, Mother in the Towers, Montage in the crater).

So it's provable that the Mother project was reconstructed on Coral, with photons and d-cells from Ragol, but we don't know how many years did it take to get corrupted by the d-cells to rebel and for the events from the Great Blank to take place.

I still haven't finished the English version of PSZ so I'm provably missing some details :P

SquashDemon
Nov 20, 2009, 10:48 AM
And I think Earth is Ragol, myself, years after the recolonization. in my opinion episodes 1-4 were several hundred years ago, I'll use the more sophisticated design of the "ancient" weapons, as well as the ruins, to support this. Paru looks a lot like the caves from episode one, then there's of course the existence of the rappies and origin monsters. Not much of the world is known, so you can't discount the existance of the crater, besides, in that amount of time, geological changes could have turned it into a sea. Dark Falz of course never CAN be killed, it's a god constructed of corpses which is neither dead nor alive at any given time after all. So it's only natural it'd still be there in that planet as well, regathering its' strength to surface again.

landman
Nov 20, 2009, 11:23 AM
And I think Earth is Ragol, myself, years after the recolonization. in my opinion episodes 1-4 were several hundred years ago, I'll use the more sophisticated design of the "ancient" weapons, as well as the ruins, to support this. Paru looks a lot like the caves from episode one, then there's of course the existence of the rappies and origin monsters. Not much of the world is known, so you can't discount the existance of the crater, besides, in that amount of time, geological changes could have turned it into a sea. Dark Falz of course never CAN be killed, it's a god constructed of corpses which is neither dead nor alive at any given time after all. So it's only natural it'd still be there in that planet as well, regathering its' strength to surface again.

You missed the part where Earth is known to be called as Coral before the Great Blank, and Coral and Ragol are not the same planet.

SquashDemon
Nov 20, 2009, 11:33 AM
where's it say that?

READ: Where's it say Earth is Coral? I am well aware Coral and Ragol are two different planets.

Ceresa
Nov 20, 2009, 11:38 AM
where's it say that?

READ: Where's it say Earth is Coral? I am well aware Coral and Ragol are two different planets.

Single player quest, Ana's Request.

GHNeko
Nov 20, 2009, 11:51 AM
to be honest, i completely forgot the story involved with EP 4 and I know nothing about EP 3. Can someone care to enlighten me with a synopsis?

darthplagis
Nov 20, 2009, 12:00 PM
yeah, anyone who played the towers quests (the ones with Sue and Kireek as the black paper finale or the ones where you are playing with the AI from P1 i cant remember his name now) in PSO or PSO+ will have seen mother on ragol, and heard her plans for the people :)

as for epi 4, was that blue burst? i never got to play BB due to my PC at time being crap

Mysterious-G
Nov 20, 2009, 12:02 PM
Meh, personally I think the connection between the two games is anything but well thought through and not plausible.

Dark Falz was killed FOR GOOD in PSO Episode III. There you stopped his circle of rebirth.
The only remnant of the thing was Endu, the child of Falz/Rico and Olga/Flowen.
Does that mean that something happend to Endu? Seems unlikely.

The tradition of Falz being the big evil behind everything most likely is the only reason for him being there. Squash has a point there. Earth being Ragol rather than Coral would have made much, much more sense.

As for P2's and Corals relationship, they almost started a war at some point, but P2 eventually declared independence from Coral.

PSO has many questions left. And we most likely will never get answers to them.
And just the way it is with series of any kind: The more sequels, the more unlogical plotholes.

Lunar_Furor
Nov 20, 2009, 12:11 PM
Except WoW... unlike other series, they seem base the game on the story and such. I would love it if PSO would release back story synopsis books or something. Answer our questions, and give us something else to do instead of 5 hours of tower.

landman
Nov 20, 2009, 12:12 PM
Episode 3 talks mostly about the conflict between Pioneer 2 (under Coral's government) and the Arks, people who want to live ON Ragol (they have been living on Pioneer 2 for the last 20 years without landing...), I don't know all the details since I could not beat that game (I'm too bad on it lol) but this same website has scripts for all the missions and the ending, if I remember correctly you find the relics of the ancient civilization that landed the ruins (the spaceship) and then hid their new city on a diferent part of Ragol (but I think they were already extinguished and you only find a monster, the one I could not beat -.-).

But on the background of the story you learn about the past 20 years, speaking with the NPC and such, things like CASTs changing their names to humanoids because of some holocaust against them that occurred on Pioneer 2, having some CASTs escape to Coral to inform of the situation, and after that having full human rights on Ragol.

Most of the Mother Project is explained on Episode IV in the Principal missions.

SquashDemon
Nov 20, 2009, 12:26 PM
Single player quest, Ana's Request.

The Episode 1 Quest? I don't ever recall hearing that.

Let me go look at some scripts.

Mysterious-G
Nov 20, 2009, 12:26 PM
I advice everyone wanting more background informations to play Episode III. It explains more than every other episode combined. Awesomly tough, though, due to having to play through the game maaaaaaannnnnyyyy times in order to get every cutscene. And one playthrough takes long enough, trust me.

And Landman, if my memory serves me right P2 delcared independence from Coral somewhere during Episode III, or even between II/IV and III, already. :)

Ceresa
Nov 20, 2009, 12:30 PM
The Episode 1 Quest? I don't ever recall hearing that.

Let me go look at some scripts.

It's a Zero quest, not PSO.

landman
Nov 20, 2009, 01:32 PM
I advice everyone wanting more background informations to play Episode III. It explains more than every other episode combined. Awesomly tough, though, due to having to play through the game maaaaaaannnnnyyyy times in order to get every cutscene. And one playthrough takes long enough, trust me.

And Landman, if my memory serves me right P2 delcared independence from Coral somewhere during Episode III, or even between II/IV and III, already. :)
Yes you are provably right, I only tried beating the game once, it's one of my unfinished tasks to do on the future XD but I think to remember Pioneer 2 was still in contact with Coral during Episode III, so the Great Blank didn't take place yet.