PDA

View Full Version : PC Problem with german PSU

redroses
Nov 20, 2009, 04:44 PM
Hello everybody,

I would like to know, if there is anyway, if I have the europian version of PSU(in this case the german version), that I can install an english language file?

It so frustrating trying to find items in the player shops, as it doesnt accept the english names, but only the translated german names. And they translations are so confusing at times I can't figure them out.
As example, when looking for dark weapons I typed dunkel(or dunkelheit, meaning dark or darkness in german) which of course didnt work. So after giving up, one of my german friends told me I got to type schatten (which means shadow, ok I didnt think of that, but it is stupid) if I want to look for dark weapons.

This is just a small example, but I have no idea how to look for clothes, like the guardians formal, or weapons like the adahna cannon, as the possibilties they could translate to is endless.
Another example is the amorosso top and boots. It spelled just the same in german, but they added these ' ' for which reason ever, and if you do not type those with amorosso together, you won't find it. (I only found this out, cuz I saw someone wear it)

The only way I can find out, if some is wearing the clothes or has the weapon equipped. Which is really annoying, because you can not equip the adahna unit for example or such things, so it is all guessing and having no luck most of the time.

So, I would really appreciate any help! And if the only option is to get the english PSU version, I will have to consider it.

beatrixkiddo
Nov 20, 2009, 05:23 PM
You would have to get the english PSU version one way or another. Or hack the client and dump all the translated item names :D (which I would never suggest)

shade
Nov 21, 2009, 05:19 PM
Hello,

if I have the europian version of PSU(in this case the german version), that I can install an english language file?You don't have to do that: your version, which is the same as any other versions sold in NA or Europe, already includes english (and french) files.

All you have to do, it's to edit one system file:
- Windows XP: [HDD containing Windows XP]:\Documents and Settings\[your Windows user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\SEGA\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Illuminus\PsuIlluminus.ini
- Windows Vista: I don't know, but should be similar to Win XP.
- Windows Seven: [HDD containing Windows Seven]:\Users\[your Windows user name]\AppData\Local\SEGA\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Illuminus\PsuIlluminus.ini

Once you get this file, simply open it with Notepad, search the "LANGUAGE=" line, and replace the "D" by "AE".

If you can not find this file, you probably need to show hidden files and folders (you can set that under the Windows folder options).

redroses
Nov 21, 2009, 06:37 PM
Hello,

You don't have to do that: your version, which is the same as any other versions sold in NA or Europe, already includes english (and french) files.

All you have to do, it's to edit one system file:
- Windows XP: [HDD containing Windows XP]:\Documents and Settings\[your Windows user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\SEGA\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Illuminus\PsuIlluminus.ini
- Windows Vista: I don't know, but should be similar to Win XP.
- Windows Seven: [HDD containing Windows Seven]:\Users\[your Windows user name]\AppData\Local\SEGA\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Illuminus\PsuIlluminus.ini

Once you get this file, simply open it with Notepad, search the "LANGUAGE=" line, and replace the "D" by "AE".

If you can not find this file, you probably need to show hidden files and folders (you can set that under the Windows folder options).

Aw this information makes me so happy to know, but no matter what I do, the language=G file doesn't show up.
But in the PSU folder, I did find the language datas, example: language=ae.bin

shade
Nov 21, 2009, 08:14 PM
I don't think you've opened the right file, that's why you can't find the language line. Read carefully my previous post, it isn't the "PsuIlluminus.ini" which is in the game folder.

And yeah, into the PSU folder, you found three files linked to the language datas: LangAE.bin, LangD.bin and LangF.bin (if I'm remember well; I don't have this version of the game installed right now). Don't modify these files and/or their names, it won't work.

redroses
Nov 21, 2009, 08:51 PM
Edit: I found the right folder, and changed the language! I really missread what you wrote.

Thank you sooo much shade! :DDD Can't tell you how freaking happy I am about this!