PDA

View Full Version : MAG changing after 60?

Benjy
Nov 20, 2009, 06:35 PM
So i raised an Ansul under the impression that i could raise the power after it reached its final evolution. However, after the power exceeded hit, it became my second Wyn. Is this normal? I was under the impression that mags only changed at 10 30 and 50 but obviously i could be wrong...

SakuraJr
Nov 20, 2009, 06:52 PM
They change with stats too. It's not just the level in this game... I have a mag change on me at lvl 94 when i added more hit than power.

FeiRayne
Nov 20, 2009, 07:19 PM
Best you can hope for with something like that is doing a 50/50 type (if you're not going for any other stats at all.) I was raising a Larg, then thought the same thing you did. After Mind pasted Guard however it changed to something different. What I had to do to get 50/50 was revert it back to a Larg, and kept Guard above Mind at all times until the last lvl, where Mind became equal to Guard at 50/50 and thankfully it retained it's form.

SquashDemon
Nov 23, 2009, 01:46 PM
lame part is, re-meeting the requirements for the DESIRED mag will NOT work.

I ruined my first attempt at Hagal this way.

FeiRayne
Nov 23, 2009, 04:13 PM
It will as long as the change happens before lvl 100 when you still have the 10s to go by (70, 80, 90) I was able to rechange my mag back into a Larg at 80 when it changed shape at 71 when Mind passed Guard.

Epically Leet
Nov 23, 2009, 04:16 PM
So, if I make sure not to let anything pass above Hit nor Power (and not Hit over Power, either), my Wyn will remain a Wyn?

SquashDemon
Nov 23, 2009, 04:25 PM
It will as long as the change happens before lvl 100 when you still have the 10s to go by (70, 80, 90) I was able to rechange my mag back into a Larg at 80 when it changed shape at 71 when Mind passed Guard.

I didn't know that, my Hagal turned into a Sig at level 94 and, well, yeah. I was under the impression it would work both ways, and after it didn't. I just kinda assumed it was a one-way road.

FeiRayne
Nov 23, 2009, 04:34 PM
Yeah, once you're into the 90s changing it back is impossible. Quite unfortunate that you were so close to be done when it happened. =/

To Leet, yes that is correct. As long as nothing passes hit as the second highest stat and hit doesn't pass power as the highest stat (or anything else) then it will remain a Wyn.

Epically Leet
Nov 23, 2009, 04:37 PM
That's terrific to know. Now I don't have to worry about anything.

Thanks!

TaciturnBadger
Nov 23, 2009, 05:48 PM
Against what is commonly thought of, the mag qualifies for evolution every 10 levels. If your mag meets the criteria for another mag even after level 60 (i.e. hit becomes greater than power exactly on a level multiple of 10), then it can make a sort of "linear evolution" to the qualifying mag of the same tier. This can actually happen prior to 60, though it's pretty tricky just because of how small your window of opportunity is in most cases. You can still use one (or more) mag souls to change it to something else.. but if you were going for a specific non-rare mag, then you're better off hoping you didn't get much accomplished since your last save (so you can reset and try again) or starting all over with a new mag. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but hopefully that'll help prevent it from happening again in the future :-)