PDA

View Full Version : PSU HD Resolutions?

Poubelle
Nov 21, 2009, 04:52 PM
Just wondering what resolutions PSU can be played at on the PC.

Always played on 360 but I'm building a new PC this week with all really high end stuff.

But it's 1920x1200 on a 24" monitor and I think I heard PSU-PC can't even run at widescreen resolutions... (which is seriously pathetic if true)

Keilyn
Nov 21, 2009, 05:03 PM
1280 x 720 is the highest it goes...lacks a lot of what other PC games in terms of graphics and image correction...Won't even conform to the standard-pallete and had to use a Sony Monitor to use their color-pallete scheme as well on the OS too...In other to prevent all the washout found in the pastel-like colors the game has...

If you build a high end PC...there are many games you can play above PSU that would make better use of your hardware. ^_^

By 1280 x 720....It falls as a 16 : 9 original widescreen while PC Widescreen Resolution is 16 : 10 which means if you take a PC Widescreen monitor and you play the game full screen mode, your characters and everything will be stretched by 11%...(making everything fatter)..

The PC version of the game also uses a Kernel Level Root-Kit called Gameguard that restricts what you can do...since the philosophy of the creators of Nprotect/Gameguard is that rather than work on the internal anti-cheat to patch existing games...They have to assume everyone is a cheater and install something on your PC that can be used as a backdoor to access your comp from any mapping point in Nprotect....Great going guys!

Poubelle
Nov 21, 2009, 05:20 PM
Thanks.

I know there's better games that I'll be able to play -- I have various games in mind.

For MMOs, I'll probably be playing Aion maxed with 8x AA... but I still did enjoy PSO/PSU and was wondering if I'd be able to play at a high resolution/decent visuals.

Oh well, probably won't bother now. ^^;