PDA

View Full Version : Constructing an Offensive FOnewearl?

Dawndus
Nov 23, 2009, 08:29 PM
I need help with putting together an offensive FOnewearl (as I just read they were more healer types more than anything). I was thinking. . .

Slicers as Weapon of Choice
100 Mind MAG
+ MST Mats

With slicers am I still able to excel very well with techs? Or, if I slap Slicers on my FOnewearl am I going to end up just using them more than anything? I want to be as offensive as possible with my FOnewearl; I'm not interested in healing in the least bit.

Thanks so much!

Ceresa
Nov 23, 2009, 08:34 PM
You can't hit anything but bosses with slicers in Super Hard unless you put a heavy focus on hit. They have enough MST that you can tech with them fine, but you're still better off keeping a rod equipped and only bringing in the slicers on bosses.

Evicous
Nov 23, 2009, 08:34 PM
Do the same exact thing, but with a FOnewm. Trust me, the TECH bonuses will help you more than the 10~ difference in MST and 50~ difference in PP.

sylwyn
Nov 23, 2009, 08:38 PM
Well considering almost every hit will put a FOnewearl in the yellow and that slicers have really low ATA to begin with you will need to rethink your mag and mats~ since she also has really low ATA to begin with.

All I see FOnewearls do with slicers online is miss and miss some more.

Allison_W
Nov 23, 2009, 09:05 PM
Do the same exact thing, but with a FOnewm. Trust me, the TECH bonuses will help you more than the 10~ difference in MST and 50~ difference in PP.

unless the OP like doesn't want to play a boy

Zephton
Nov 23, 2009, 09:12 PM

Well if having a female character is more important than a good offensive FO, then I dunno what to tell you.

Allison_W
Nov 23, 2009, 09:22 PM
Well if having a female character is more important than a good offensive FO, then I dunno what to tell you.

Ideally nothing at all, because I'm certain it would be aggravating in the extreme.

Dawndus
Nov 23, 2009, 09:25 PM

I've been caught red handed-- I'm completely guilty of this!

Gemel
Nov 23, 2009, 09:31 PM
All forces are pretty good at being offensive types, it just so happens that they get Resta also. xP
As a FOnewearl I would say just pump your MST the highest that you can and stick to Techs with your weapon with the highest MST to do the most damage. You'll do fine blowing stuff up. If you really want to stick with slicers then just add ATA until you can hit reliably.

Allison_W
Nov 23, 2009, 09:32 PM
Then play a FOmarl or FOnewearl; don't let the minmaxers convince you to do something you just plain don't want to do.

If you want to play with slicers specifically, then FOmarl is probably your best bet. The FOnewearl has 27 points of MST over the FOmarl, but the FOmarl has 43 points of ATA over the FOnewearl, plus the extra 20 materials humans get. That, and better HP and DFP.

As far as offenses in general go... Remember that the FOmarl gets a +25% damage boost to Grants and the FOnewearl gets a +25% damage boost to Megid, so those will be important techniques if you're playing a female Force.

Of course it'd be better if we could pick our own tech specializations instead of boys being nukers and girls getting slapped with the heal bitch stick, but loloffensivegenderstereotypes.

sylwyn
Nov 23, 2009, 09:42 PM
it'd be better if we could pick our own tech specializations

I couldn't agree more~ :bday:

kafurie
Nov 23, 2009, 10:07 PM
mine has been working realy good exsept i use techs not slisers to attack i say use a rob to boost up techs go for it!