PDA

View Full Version : Help with last boss.

CoRLegacy
Nov 23, 2009, 10:27 PM
I'm a HUmar and Level 30 at the time. I'm doing Story Mode and I can't seem to kill Mother Trinity/DarkFalz. I've killed Mother Trinity quite a few times, but I'm always out of Scape Dolls right after, and then Dark Falz kills me in seconds.

I'm currently using a Gunblade type weapon and a armor with 3 slots with ace/power, ace/hp, pp regen level 1. What should I do? (My mag is lvl 64 or something.)

Notes:

I don't know much about this game because I literally just got it about 3 days ago.

I'd appreciate it if someone could help.

(I have no experience with the previous Phantasy Stars...sort of)

twiztidsinz
Nov 23, 2009, 10:37 PM
Buy a Gardening Wear (http://www.pso-world.com/psz-items.php?item=504) preferably 4 slotted from the Photon Drop Shop in the Sewers, then fill it with Dark Resist Lv1 (http://www.pso-world.com/psz-items.php?item=458).
Just don't be disappointed with how easy it becomes.

I have a Gardening Wear +50 with 4 slots and I still wear it at 54.

CoRLegacy
Nov 23, 2009, 10:44 PM
Any particular weapon type I should use to make it easier?

Evicous
Nov 23, 2009, 11:01 PM
Any particular weapon type I should use to make it easier?
The type you fight best with, preferably with Dark %s.

Eclipse5632
Nov 24, 2009, 01:00 AM
Huh. I generally find Dark Falz to be easier than Mother Trinity, to be honest. I just run up kind of behind its, uh, neck (?) and just slash at his head. If you do it right, those rotating orbs can't hit you.

Pensive
Nov 24, 2009, 01:09 AM
I find trying not to worry about the NPCs (ie healing/reviving them) during mother trinity and just going right for her makes the first part much easier, second time round i tend to keep the NPC's around. Helps me as a FO

Serioussam24
Nov 24, 2009, 03:04 AM
I find the NPCs are worthless anyway. Let em burn.

Niered
Nov 24, 2009, 03:08 AM
Shields Shields Shields.

Selvaria's Shield is a good start, but as long as you dont bother to much with PA's or Techs unless you need to, shields can make any boss your bitch.

Sala
Nov 24, 2009, 03:23 AM
Train a little?
I couldn't kill Dark Falz on hard mode on 56 but i trained to 60 and yay i did it.
(or i was just unlucky first time hehe.)

And try get a mag with the Photon Blast u can use.
I use Flozir much of the times because if you do it with more people it's stronger:

The effects vary depending on the number of users involved in the Photon Blast chain. If all four players participate, all effects are added. The effects of Flozir lasts for at least 20 seconds. Depending on your mag synchro rate, the effect can last up to 40 seconds. Here is a breakdown of the effects

Solo Use: No PP is consumed for Technique and Photon Arts.
2-Way Chain: Attack charging time is reduced by 50%
3-Way Chain: All hits on enemies become critical.
4-Way Chain: All abnormal status effects are removed and the user becomes invincible.

Link: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2603

Niered
Nov 24, 2009, 03:28 AM
Yeah Flozir is a great single player PA, and if you get a knowledgeable party online its good too.

TaciturnBadger
Nov 24, 2009, 12:34 PM
I had trouble with Dark Falz the first time I ran up against him as well, but found a little strategic thinking made him totally waste-able without any re-equipping at all. The trick in this lies in learning **WHEN** to get up in his face.. what you get in there with really isn't as important. He's pretty simple, once it all boils down to it, and I've had this tactic work with both my HUmar and my RAcast. Here goes:

Rule #1: F*ck your AI partners. They're useless. Leave 'em dead.

First off, he opens up by twitching a little and summoning a few rolling black orbs which circle him. If you watch carefully, you'll see that their patterns go in an outward-spinning spiral, except for the closest one to him; you can largely ignore this one, but I'll get on that later. As the battle opens, stay away and just run around aimlessly. This is because his second attack is two (2) little black puddles on the ground, which pop up like omnidirectional Claymore mines. If you're in the wrong position, this can set you up for a chain attack which does ridiculous amounts of damage. Once the second "puddle spike mine" withdraws, the orbs should have spiralled out far enough that you can get up in Dark Falz's face and hack away. You'll get about two 3-button combos in before you'll want to move. It may sound insane, but trust me on this: Simply follow the last orb around to Dark Falz's other side. Why? Because he's been charging up for the big blue lightning blast thing ever since your first combo finished, and when you run around to the other side, that's the direction he's going to lay waste to. If you switched sides, he'll go firing off into the blank abyss, and you can squeeze another two 3-button combos off. At this point, BAIL!!! The cycle will start all over again, and if you're in his face, you're about to get into a world of hurt when those three balls knock you around before you get shanked with those "puddle spike mine" thingies. Ditch Dark Falz for the moment, take a sec for a breather, and rinse 'n repeat.

If you've got a decent weapon (I was using an XEdu Limit+40), you'll only have to do this cycle twice to clear the first form. My RAcast was sporting a pair of heavily ground generic mechguns (hey, they had a nice Dark percent), and it took him about three-and-a-half repetitions to end it.

The second half, in my opinion, is a lot easier than the first as far as patterns go. There's pretty much only one tactic here.. stay moving. He starts with this new "swimming" tactic where he acts like an old-school water boss, from like Zelda or something. All I did to waste this form was keep hitting L to keep recentering the camera on him and not being where he was facing.. when he landed against the "wall" near me, I shot off a two-button combo and got out of dodge (he seemed to retaliate more if I tried a 3-button combo). It sounds pretty random, and it is pretty random, but this form only took three or four solid partial combos to send back to oblivion.

It may sound overly complicated, but the key point I want to make here is that I had to do no special adjustments to my equipment payload whatsoever. Plus, once you start getting into the groove with the first form (which, IMHO, has the most potential for catastrophic damage), it really becomes quite simple to stay in his "blind spot" so to speak.

Hope that helps some..

Blood Raven
Nov 24, 2009, 05:27 PM
Huh. I generally find Dark Falz to be easier than Mother Trinity, to be honest. I just run up kind of behind its, uh, neck (?) and just slash at his head. If you do it right, those rotating orbs can't hit you.

I did the same thing. I actually thought Mother Trinity was harder since I kept trying to kill her chess pieces(?) but either way Dark Falz is annoying but using Dimates and Trimates fully stacked in palette should make it easier with the same strategy (going behind it's head).

My recommendation is using your AI as punching bags and when they all die use Moon atomizer (the resurrect a party member consumable) and it raises them all to half way. To be honest I thought the biggest trouble was getting to Dark Falz after that it was easy since his max on me was 160 hp every 10-15 secs.

TaciturnBadger
Nov 24, 2009, 05:38 PM
If you stand under Mother Trinity's armpit, you can wail away at her while she's occupied doing, well, WTF-ever she wants to. The only times you have to worry are when she steps away to start headbutting (walk away 3 steps and watch her look stupid smashing her own face in) and when the red rings appear around your ankles (make like an X360 and walk in a straight line until the blast falls behind you). If you prefer to keep your teammates alive, don't worry; they all get resurrected after you waste her anyway. With this strategy, you can roast her while losing MAYBE 50hp. Unless one of the chess pieces gets a lucky shot off you. Then you're looking at 75. LOL

pso_crash
Nov 24, 2009, 05:56 PM
Mother Trinity can be handled easily once you learn her pattern. once you kill two of her orbs she will thrust herself into to the arena. She will then slam her head into the ground toward you. stand back and avoid this. After her head butting attack, run in and hit her with your hardest attacks/combos. You will soon be surrounded by a red ring. Finish at least one combo then start moving around to avoid the powerful lasers. repeat this pattern until she falls.

CoRLegacy
Nov 24, 2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks everyone for the tips <3 I finally killed M.Trinity and Dark Falz.

I used Selvaria's Shield throughout the entire thing, and for some reason I gained exp for no reason whatsoever while fighting so that leveled me up twice before getting to M.Trinity.

Anyways, thanks for all the tips!

Eclipse5632
Nov 24, 2009, 07:48 PM
For Mother Trinity, which of the three chess pieces do you keep alive? I only recently noticed that each one has its own attack. I've only tried the battle once since realizing that and I tried keeping the spawn-blue-electric-balls one alive, and I guess it went okay? I think having the one that follows you around and spins is probably the worst one, especially if you're not attacking ranged. Anyone else have any input on this?

Evicous
Nov 24, 2009, 08:17 PM
Apparently the order in difficulty of the chess pieces is Rook-Bishop-Knight with Rook being the hardest. I've always left the Knight alive and I don't think I've ever been hit by it.

Blood Raven
Nov 24, 2009, 08:55 PM
Thanks everyone for the tips <3 I finally killed M.Trinity and Dark Falz.

I used Selvaria's Shield throughout the entire thing, and for some reason I gained exp for no reason whatsoever while fighting so that leveled me up twice before getting to M.Trinity.

Anyways, thanks for all the tips!

That could be the "X element" on one of your weapons. The "X element" gives exp randomly but I think chain gives the bonus more often. However I don't think a chain always guarantees exp but I get a lot of exp when doing chains with the X element.

TaciturnBadger
Nov 25, 2009, 12:47 PM
For Mother Trinity, which of the three chess pieces do you keep alive? I only recently noticed that each one has its own attack. I've only tried the battle once since realizing that and I tried keeping the spawn-blue-electric-balls one alive, and I guess it went okay? I think having the one that follows you around and spins is probably the worst one, especially if you're not attacking ranged. Anyone else have any input on this?

I learned from one of the other posts in a similar thread (not sure who the original contributor was, though.. so don't think I'm trying to plagiarize!!) that each of the three pieces has a unique attack based off of the three character classes (Hunter, Ranger, and Force). Quite honestly, in all of the fights I've had with Mama 3, that the one representing the Force (which shoots 3 bolts of blue cr@p) is apparently blind and retarded. During one fight, I sat in a corner and only moved to avoid the 3-red-ring-blast-of-death she does, and the chess piece went and shot off in every direction but mine. So that's the one I leave alive, and the Hunter one (which whacks you with a big yellow-ish-sword-thingy) is the first to go down. That one f*'n hurts.

Trina
Nov 26, 2009, 07:43 AM
On mom trin first stage it's usually best to leave the one that shoots things alive, I'd consider it the least dangerous one. On multiplayer, it's actually possible to kill all 3 things, just focus damage on a first one, then make sure the other two dies before trin rams into the platform I've managed to do this with other people a few times.

Falz is just stay behind it's neck, balls won't hit you. Dodge eventual other attacks. It's pretty easy to see when it's about to do beam or wall beam.